Thanks Much
Borderline

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
gauthier
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-09          76456

Well I gotta say,I would be real pissed off at the dealer then. Why ain't he taking care of this? Why don't you name the"dealer",so others won't get hurt by him? I believe you posted on the c.t.o.a.,but you didnt say that the dealer messed it up,you ought to have,you could have stirred up more there than here.
If I needed a clutch,I would contact northern tool,but thats my dealer,they still maybe able to help you though.
I thought by reading your post on c.t.o.a.,that you were a dealer,asking for clutch from other dealers? Wrong again huh? Tell us the dealer who tore up your tractor and won't fix it. Richard ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-09          76464

I will only say the dealer is in Mid Michigan
I am really not trying to stir up anything - just want
to get the tractor working properly.
I also believe I over paid for the tractor but thats water
under the bridge now.
These tractors need a much longer warranty.
The clutch is not the only problem I have had with this
tractor - it just had a very bad prep and assemlby and many things over looked. This dealer is 3 hours from me so it is very difficult to get work done. And when I can it is gone for weeks at a time. And - no I am not a dealer, I am a middle aged woman needing her equipment to work or to be serviced locally (none of the service centers near me will work on these tractors). I found a farmer that has rebuilt many tractors and agreed to look at it. He has fixed other things that I had been having problems with also, the clutch is just the worst. When it comes back it will be like
new (or new like it should have been). Anyway still in search of a clutch. The dealer I bought it from has the China tractors wrapped up and they won't sell the one they have to me - only to him.

This tractor will be For Sale after the clutch is fixed and I use it for one last project.

I had thought of Northern, but I had not seen any of the 35 HP on their site.

Well thanks for the info
Dee
Borderline Farm ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-02-09          76467

Dee,I didn't mean stirring up in a negative way,stirring up can be posititive,if you are trying to right a wrong,or help others,really thats what I meant.
Looks like your right,northern just goes up to 30 h.p..
Make this same statement on the c.t.o.a. under maintance and parts section,make it the same way you said it above,peoplewill be jumping over them selfs to help you I bet,I'll be watching and if they don't want to help or give you a hard time,I'll jump in.
I don't know why you are protecting the dealer,who you say done you wrong,slander don't apply,if you was done wrong.
Does it have a warrenty?
Get back on the chinese board,we'll make a fuss,untill somebody helps. Like I said,your post on there before did not convey your problem,I thought you were a dealer looking for a clutch from another dealer,say what your situation is,there is a jinma parts .com or something or other I've looked at before,but the bottom line is who ever sold you this tractor is responsable to get you the parts,unless you bought a crate tractor,then its you and china.
The 354 are new so,I don't know,but make this post in more detail on ctoa. Richard ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-09          76469

The clutch from a 304 should be the same as the 354. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-02-09          76474

Hey up there in harrison county land,[I think its that county?],hows your steering now that it warmed up a bit? I bet it wasn't the cold?
We had about an inch of ice down here thursday night,electic off for a short time,since then about two inches of snow,hell of a winter so far,thats the way we like them right? Richard ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
gauthier

2004-02-09          76475

Well now border line,as things goes on these tractor boards,every now and then you will get a johndeere owner coming in saying bad things,acting like a jinma owner,[or visa versa]now if you don't post on chinese board or I.D. the seller,then you know what we are all going to think you are,right?Not trying to accuse you or anything,just telling you how it works. Richard ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-09          76487

I'm thinkin like you Richard.........i'd see if Northern had one if I was desperate. I'm almost sure they take the same clutch. Just like the 254 and 284.
I went out Sunday and drained the 303 fluid and put in some plain old power steering fluid. I took out the little pressure relief valve and turned the screw in a couple turns and put it back. All I could drain was the reservor did'nt wanna get air in the lines only took like a quart and a half. Still about the same but not sure how fast it circulates through pump, steering then to the cylinder. It was pretty chilly here maybe 25 degrees or so. It has some powering steering while your moving but not much when sitting still. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
greg_g

2004-02-09          76488

Dee

My JM254 had a factory defective clutch that went bad at 50 hours. Dealer short changed me and only replaced the friction disc, which lasted only another 50 hours. The entire clutch pack should have been replaced from the git-go. Did your 354 transmission make a little noise when/if you let out the clutch in neutral?

//greg// ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-02-09          76489

Richard why do you not think its the cold? I have to agree with you again, must be the hillbilly blood in us. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-02-09          76494

I bought it out past Columbus Ohio from a small importer. I figured when I got it I was pretty much on my own but I got it right and gambled. Its been a pretty safe bet so far cause even if I had a year warrenty it would be up anyway. Yeah the 354 has a little reservor under the hood. It may loosen back up when it warms up. But whatever happened when it gave me a sharp kick in the steering wheel seemed to sudden. I was thinking about adding some of that Lucas power steering snake oil. You never know but the regular Lucas stopped the front axles from leaking and made the tranny quiet and smooth. Worth a shot I guess. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-02-09          76499

I can't seem to get the hang of that new C.T.O.A board. Both dealers seemed to think it was fluids. You have to admire them for not wanting to throw new parts at me that won't fix the problem. It seems weird the way its acting like the fluid flow is restricted some way. They may be right. Still too cold here to tell for sure. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-10          76516

Richard

NO - not the case I paid for the Jinma in March of 2002
did not get delivery until August 2002, at which time I
now find out that I lost 5 months of warranty. Anyway had
many problems with the Jinma, and the last with the clutch, and not having service near by, made me re-think my situation. And, I was lucky enough last week to find a JD that had 300 hours, and was only $1,000 more than I paid for
the Jinma. So-to make life easier for this old (ha,ha) lady
I bought the JD, and will be selling the Jinma. The JD is a little more user friendly for me than the Jinma. Do not need to clutch every time you move forward or backward. Saves on my legs. Also, the Jinma's clutch was harder to press, and farther away, and my legs are not long enough. I also could not see over the front of the Jinma, the seat was too low. I guess I just made a bad decision back then and will now pay for it. I will probably be loosing about $5,000 on the Jinma so if I have a bad taste in my mouth it may be warranted. I just want to get it fixed and sold. It will be better for the next person than it ever was for me, and they will be getting a hell of a deal.

Thanks again
Dee
Borderline ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-10          76518

No I am not in Harrison county - and neither is the dealer.
This dealer has only been in business 2 years. I believe just recently got really going, but also selling another line of tractors.
Borderline ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-10          76522

No - it just would not move. I had it hauled up to the dealer and he supposedly adjusted the clutch. But as I find out, there are 3 adjustment areas, and when they adjusted them they did not re-tighten one which, in turn messed it up worse. The dealer told me the problem was because I or someone was riding the clutch. This clutch is so hard to engage it would be difficult to ride it and do any damage.
Sounded like an excuse to me - but after the adjustment it only lasted a day - we got the round bales out to the horses and that was it. Luckily the JD arrived in time for the next delivery, and the 9" of snow we got. Actually the Jinma would not have been able to move the snow drifts we had, some were 4' deep.

Is yours working good now? Hope so!!

Good luck

Borderline

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-02-10          76523

Mike, We have only had a couple 300 series Jinmas here, but it has been my impression that they do steer a bit heavy, it could be the cold but really I think with the ligher fluid you should be seeing substantial improvement if that is all it is. You will have to cycle quite a bit to clear the fluid out of the cylinder, it sort of a push pull situation so it will take several lock to lock turns to mix the oils, with someone turnign the wheel you should be able to see some evedence of circulation in the resevoir. You might crack the lines at the cylinder and bleed some of the old stuff out. IF that fails to help, you can turn the wheel all the way to one direction, open the fitting for the opposite direction on the cylinder and continue to turn the wheel slowly in the origianl direction. If you get oil coming out of the cylinder where the hose was removed (make sure you have gone all the way to the end because if the piston moves, oil will come out), repeat for the other direction.
Oil bypassing the piston would indicate the O-ring has "blown out" of position, that could explain the jolt you felt when this happened. Keep us posted.

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-02-10          76526

Dee,
I had answered on the other board (ARTRAC)but reading more sounds like the clutch is still in the tractor?
the 300.xx.xxx number indicates it is unique to the 300 series 304-354. I'm courious how many hours on your tractor and if it has a front end loader? from you comments it sounds like it is just out of warranty, of course, I'm familiar with that type of luck myself!

I wish I had a disk, I will order some on my next container, but obviously that will not help you.

If NOrthern can't help, I'd check with Agracat in Farmington Arkansas, they import the 354 and sell it under their name. call 479-267-6000 thier website is still down as they have been introducing their new line of tractors.

In a pinch, there are companies that resurface clutch disks, although it will likely cost more than the new factory disk, it could be quicker.

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
hurliman

2004-02-10          76538

Hey guys quit dumping on a dealer about clutch problems! Clutches are not a warranty item on any tractor, car, truck, etc. If a clutch is not adjusted properly it is the owner's responsibility to correct it.
The biggest problem in doing business today is dealing with people who know nothing about machinery, and expecting some poor dealer to bail them out.
When I repair a clutch for a customer I always take the complete assembly to a clutch rebuider and have the whole thing repaired and set. Then you know you have a good one! ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-10          76540

I totally understand, and will always be responsible if it is my responsibility. However, if the complaint was from the onset - then as an owner I feel the warranty should take care of it. My tractor yes is out of warranty, but the dealer didn't try to help until it was out of warrant. You sound like you know more about a clutch than what I experienced. This clutch was adjusted at the point the tractor would not move at all. If what you do had been done I most probably would not be having the problem I have now.

The dealers response was that someone was coming to my farm taking my tractor and using it when I was not home, and that meant there were too many people using it and that is what causes clutches to go bad - too many people with different operating styles using my tractor. (so - is this a new one for the book?)
Borderline ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-10          76542

Hey thanks for the infor

I did call them and the farmer who is fixing my
tractor is going to call their parts department
to see if they have exactly what we need.

Also - their phone number has changed if you want
to make a note of it 479-750-0200 and toll free
is 866-247-2228

Thanks again

Borderline ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-10          76543

Richard

We called Northern - they may have what we need.
Waiting for a call back - thanks of the lead,
also called the other
company Agracat that was on an earlier post.

I do not feel comfortable giving out the name of the dealer.
I don't think it should be done as a post.

If you want to give me your personal e-mail we can go that
way but I am looking for help to fix a bad situation that
was a bad decision I made to purchase the tractor in the first place - I was originally going to buy a New Holland, but was told by this dealer that the Jinma was better and less expensive than the New Holland. And that New Holland has a 1.5 million dollar law suit against Jimna to keep them from being imported because they are so similar to the New Holland. (gullable on my part at the time). I belive that if NH has a law suit against Jinma it is not for equal
quality but for copying their look. Anyway I guess I was fed alot of b--l and will take this as a lesson learned.
Go with the female instinct as I normally do - got caught up
in the same as/ or better than issue.

Thanks again
Dee
Borderline ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-10          76544

Dee, do you plan to keep the tractor once you have the clutch repaired? ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-10          76547

Chief

No I am not planning to keep it.

It will be forsale - and unfortunately it will be
better than I ever had it.

I just got the JD a week ago and it is easier for me
to handle even being bigger.

We have lots of hills, and never going straight up and
down, its always on a slant or angle, and with the Jinma
being so narrow it does give a sense of tipping.
I also had to get all new implements when I got the Jinma
because of being so narrow, non of the ones I had from the
9N I had before would fit. So - now I will be having the Brush Hog, Rake, and others adjusted (not buying new again) to fit the JD. Luckily the new blade I bought was
for the JD. The Jinma will not hold it, too heavy.

The one the dealer traded me for my original bent after 3 times using it. Was going to get it fixed but the local dealer said it was for a garden tractor, not the Jinma which is why it broke. They only cost $175.00 (and the one I traded for I paid $400 for 6 years ago). It gets better with every incident.

Wish you were me?? bet not!

Anyway when it is fixed correctly (and not till then) it will be for sale.

If you know anyone interested I can send them photos and info.

Dee
Borderline ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-10          76548

If you have the JD 4600 delivered now; you have plenty of tractor. I was going to suggest carefully going over the tractor maintence wise and check everything out from top to bottom but sounds like you are already on it. Hope you get is all straight. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-10          76551

Dee,

There is a classified section right here on Tractor Point that I have used from time to time and gotten response with.

I should have mentioned earlier if any of us can be of help with any questions on your 4600; Billy Passmore has Passmore has a 4610, kwschumm has a 4310, and I have a 4410 just to mention a few. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-10          76574

Forgot to thank you for the suggestion
We are looking into the 304 being the same
as the 354.

Thanks
Borderline ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-10          76575

Chief

Thanks again that is nice of you to suggest. I hope I
don't get to the point with the JD as I have with the
Jinma.

OH and I probably will put it up on this site, I just am
a bit worried that it might have a black mark on it being
it has been a subject on this site. Hope not - cause I would not sell it if there was something wrong with it.
As I said before - it will be better than when I got it.
The farmer who is repairing already has fixed some things I
had no idea were wrong - he is just a perfectionest. He has
taken home my Monster Golf Cart for a oil change and filter change and it came back spotless.

We sell horses and our reputation is very good so I do not want to blacken it with the tractor - so it will be in the best shape we know how to make it.

Thanks again for the info on the JD - you know even my
8 year old grandson can operate the JD - not alone though (and boy is he happy) where he could never have been able to operate the Jinma until he was probably 12 years old or so. We use to let him steer the 9N when we had it. He is a tractor freak.

Borderline

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-10          76581

Jinma's (Chinese tractors) are not bad tractors. They just require a little more TLC and preventative maintenance to stay on top of. Sometimes they are not the best match for a tractor buyer who does not want to or have the shop resources to work on it to keep it going. For the money you pay they are nice little tractors but just not for everyone. The Green tractors break too. ;o) ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-11          76630

Hi again Chief

yea I know the green ones can break too - but if that happens the dealer 1 mile away will send someone to fix
it or come pick it up. I had no service or maintenance
issues even with the 9n. They would come within an hour
every time.

They are not familar with the Jinma and really do not care
to work on them. I tried to get them to take mine in on
trade and they would not give me but $3500 cause he didn't
think he could get even that at any of the local auctions.

I think you are right about the Jinma's needing a bit more
TLC - and I also believe my use requires a beefier tractor.
Even though I was told that the Jinma was equal or better
than the New Holland - the only difference I was told was
price.

I'm not ragging on the Jinma's in general - I think
I just got one that was not prepped and assembled properly.
(I believe this was the 1st 354 that this dealer assembled)
So with that I would think he may have expected some issues.
But he only wanted to put blame elsewhere.

When I first got it the controller for the front end loader
was installed backwards. I was told it was correct, until
it started spitting out hydraulic fluid - then he finally
realized it was wrong and wanted to know who at my farm changed it? Its just been a nightmare.

Thanks again
Borderline

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-11          76636

Dee you are right about the logistics support and availability of dealer with John Deere. Aside from price, that is one of the big reasons I went with a Deere.

Unless you can find a buyer in the classified here or over on CTOA or hopefully someone locally; you may have a hard time getting anywhere close to your purchase price for the 354. Jinma's don't hold resale value very well yet as they are not a widely known or established brand yet. Not bad mouthing them, just a fact of life.

In the event that you cannot get a feasible or acceptable price for your Jinma; you will have to make a decision as to whether you want sell it for what you can get or mabye just hold on to it and use it as a second tractor for backup or other uses around the farm. Do you have or have you thought about a pto backup generator for the farm? The Jinma would be ideal for that. Running up a bunch of hours on it running the generator will not have the same impact on future value as on the 4600 and that will free up the 4600 for other uses. The other option would be to trade it for something that is of good use and value to you such as a trailer for hauling your tractor around or other item.

I am just throwing a few idea out there to consider. Hope you can work something out that will work for you.

On another maintenance note; have you inspected or gone over the 4600 yet. You may want to check some things like the battery and its compartment as well as the transmission oil cooler that the battery sets up against. They are well known for causing serious corrosion problems. How many hours are on the 4600? Any services coming due or past due? Got the owner's manual? These are probably things for a new thread over in the John Deere section if you have any questions. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
hurliman

2004-02-11          76652

Just a little info here to consider......just sold my last 654 Allied(chinese). I can't get another of this model as the factory has signed agreements with New Holland to mfg. exclusively for them. The 654 was a large tractor and not a Jinma, it was 65hp. Another point of interest, if you seach the net you can access the actual court briefs on the lawsuits by New Holland and John deere against the chinese tractors. These Chinese tractors are causing more problems for the brand name tractor companies than they are the consumers. Not bad tractors at all folks. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-02-11          76689

Borderline
Have you ever received the clutch assemby? If so do the 304 and 354 use the same clutch? ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Igotyourparts

2004-02-14          76829

The 304 & 354 use 2 seperate clutches.The 354 is a little larger. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-02-14          76830

Hi Igotyourparts
Do you have parts in stock for the Jinma 354? If so how about shooting me an e-mail so I have a good source.
Thanks Mike ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-14          76838

I heard something similar - that NH was planning to bring
out a 65-80 hp for somewhere in the price range of $10 - $12,000, a stripped down tractor to compete with these
Chinese tractors, and accomodate the weekend farmer that
thinks he needs BIG equipment. I did get the jist that
they should not have as many problems as the current Jinma's are having and that the hardward would be much
more substancial.

Guess we will all see

Borderline ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-14          76841

Not in our hands yet.
Called Northern they finally called back and left message that said the 304 clutch will fit the 354 (had same part number). Tried yesterday am to get back with them to finally order it, but could not get anyone.

In the meantime my dealer must have found one and called
the farmer back and told him he had one, and since it was
for my tractor he would ship it out at no charge.

In my opinion - he is doing the right thing, and I will
have to applaud him for that. Even though he had said
he would not work on the tractor anymore - he at least
supplied the part. Happy for that - but in the bigger
scope I don't believe he wanted (or had the know how)to
tackle this very big job that requied splitting the tractor.

Anyway clutch will be here early next week and tractor will
be back perhaps by end of the week, at which time it will
definately be for sale.

Anyone intersted??

You could make an offer or e-mail directly.

May be close to the end of this problem. So I can
concentrate on the newest one - my new 2003 Dodge Ram 2500
4x4 Diesel, is in for its 2nd transmission. Less than
9,000 miles and problems started at 1,500. Loosing faith
in DaimlerChrysler day by day. Customer satisfaction is is
an advertisement only not REAL. Heading towards the
LEMON LAW it has been in for service 75+days.

Happy weekend all
Borderline

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
grinder

2004-02-14          76845

BORDERLINE
Does your state have a mileage limit on your ability to
go the lemon law? There is nothing worse than buing a new truck and getting jerked around(been there). GM gave me a
100,000 mile bumper to bumper to go away.
It took a year and alot of e-mails to GM. I got the best response from the dealer when I told him I would make a
written complaint to the BBB.
If this does not work go to print shop and put a LARGE
pic of a lemon in your rear window and go to the dealer
on Sat. morn. and take your time looking.
Good luck and don't stop until satisfied. They just hope you will go away or pass the mileage limit. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-14          76847

Dee, if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all! ;o) Sorry to hear about your truck. At least you got the clutch. The Dodge auto. transmissions are not very strong and require a modification. I expect Diamler Chrysler to recall them. If they offer you a trade; I would STRONGLY recommend the 6 speed manual transmission. I have this transmission in my 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins HO. It is the strongest transmission available in a diesel pickup. The other option is to see if you can work a deal to have DC pick up the cost or a % of cost of a modified DTT trans and install it.

Here is an article that Bill Conolay, President of Diesel Transmission Technologies has written in reference to these failures. ....

Link:   click here

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-14          76849

Here is a link to all the Technical Service Bulletins for your truck Dee. Might be a good idea to review them and see if any apply to you and have them done while they have the truck. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-02-14          76851

Igotyourparts says the 354 clutch is larger Northern says the same pat number??????? ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-14          76863

HI Grinder

Yea I am on that issue - (have a little inside info - my sister works for MOPAR) So when I sent the e-mail to the person over the District Manager they had questions. The District manager was trying to avoid me, made a call to my cell left a message and said it was not her phone - I played dumb and did re-dial and said someone had called
this number and I just was calling back - she was really
suprised, more so when I told her I had just sent her an e-mail and she said "boy you know how to get to people don't you?"

Yes my sister and I have come up with some real winners with the Lemon theme.

The way the MI law is I should have been receiving a new vehicle this time, not a re-man trans.

My truck is done and they want me to pick it up - I want the District Manager to be there when I do - and have the
horse trailer they use in their advertisement there and they can hook it up and see that this truck is JUNK.

Thanks for the support and hope your troubles are gone.

Dee
Borderline

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-14          76864

HI Chief

Thanks for the links - I had seen and printed them
I have a post on that site.
Looking for back up - you know

Yea having luck is not necessarily my strong point - that's not all that happened that day the truck's trans went out.
that was at 6:30 am Then later in the day my daughter's boyfriend hooked a gooseneck flatbed trailer with 2 other trailers on top to the 2003 Ford 350, and was taking the trailers to a friends. When he turned the corner the hooked trailer slid on some black ice and flipped. They think when the trailer slipped it also got caught by the wind (winds were gusting that day around 30mph - hence the blowing snow causing the black ice). Anyway that was at 3:30. Luckily the truck only needs a new bed nothing happend to the frame or the suspension. Actually the insurance adjuster said the gooseneck hitch we have actually helps to strenghten the frame. It is bolted to the frame. The trailer did come off off the ball, but not off of the safety chains when it flipped. Then later that night when I was getting the barn chores done I got the Monster golf cart stuck and it got a flat tire, so when they were done around midnight my daughter and her boyfriend came back and helped get it unstuck and fix the flat. We got the rest of the chores completed and they were getting ready to leave when we noticed something hanging under the van (their only transportation now) it was the exhaust pipe and silencer muffler had fallen off. - What a day - started at 6:30 am and did't quit until midnight. Oh well no one was hurt and we just laugh now. We went from 3 trucks to a Jeep and a Van in 1 week. (oh forgot to mention we had just sold the 99 truck the week before).

Thanks for all the info - and yes I did check with the service manager and all the TSB's i.e. Flashes have been
done on the truck even after the new (oops - re-man)trans.

I will keep up a post and let you all know what the out come is.

Dee
Borderline ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-14          76865

That's what Northern told us.

Won't know for sure now.

Gotta wonder though - they don't sell the 354 only the 304

I would think someone else would know for sure - I have heard clutch problems are pretty common in these tractors.

If you were to find out for sure I would think others would be very interested in the info.

Thanks again

Dee
Borderline. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
grinder

2004-02-14          76866

No, I'm stuck with it now.
But they all have their problems.
Wish Toyota would build a 3/4 ton
diesel. Or at least a FULL size truck.
By the time you find out it's hopeless
you have too many miles to go lemon law.
It will cost you money to get rid of it
no matter what. Good luck. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-02-19          77350

Borderline
Did you ever get the tractor fixed?
Mike ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-20          77373

Do not have it completely done yet -
Part arrived this week WED. Farmer friend has
started on it but had other committments to
fullfil so maybe by the end of next week he
hopes.

I have been concentrating on my truck and DCX
is rather uncooperative with.

Anyone want to follow what is going on visit
www.dieselram.com and go to Absolutely Disgusted
there is a lot of support there and a lot of good advise

Thanks everyone here also. I will post when
the tractor is back and available FOR SALE

Dee ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-20          77375

Dee, sorry to hear you are still having problems with your truck. Are you a member of the Turbo Diesel Register (TDR)? You might want to post your problems there. Nearly 20,000 members and you might get some productive ideas. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-20          77380

I read your post on Dieselram.com and I am a little confused. Just wanted to make sure we are talking apples and apples. Does your truck have the 47RE or 48RE transmission? Is the engine the ISBe or ISB engine? (i.e. does the engine have the common rail fuel injection system or the VP44 injection pump?) Don't let the deal do any more reflashes. Most of the techs have no idea what they are doing and screw it up. I would strongly suggest you join TDR and post your problems with the truck there. I am betting the many smart folks over there will have an effective and productive answer for you. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-25          77856

HI Chief

My truck has the 47re automatic transmission
not sure about the fuel injection, but they did
do a fuel volumn test.

I am still battling with DCX - they are now telling me
that the conditions I am using the truck for towing is
DEMANDING. Trailer is - 3 horse all aluminum gooseneck
and weighs just under 6,000# and with three horses max
load would be 3,600# = 9,600# I have yet to have a full
load, the trans blew with only 2 horses. Truck as equipped have specification stating it can tow 12,000# with a
GCVW of 20,000#. They are so evasive and no one wants to give in and offer a Substitution of Collateral (i.e. buy back). Actually last week there was a re-call on the 04 and 03's. A TSB turned into a re-call.

I e-mailed the VP this morning again so we will see.

Jinma is fixed and on the front lawn FOR SALE

thanks for everything

Dee ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-02-25          77857

To all who supported my Clutch problem

It is now fixed and in the front lawn with
a FOR SALE sign.

I just wanted to thank all of you for your support
and the many suggestions. Not sure if much was
learned from this other than - I will now share
more info:

Tractor purchased in March of 2002 from Custom Diesel Tractors- took delivery in August 2002, (1st 354 tractor
this dealer assembled)

Other issue - this is my brother-in-law

Broke the golden rule about doing business with relatives.

NEVER AGAIN!!

Thanks All

Dee ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-25          77888

Dee, the fuel volume test is a required test DC does to determine the servicability of the fuel lift pump that pulls fuel from the tank and pushes itto the filter an injection pump. Here is the TSB that covers this test.

Have this dummies replaced the fuel filter and inspected the the filter housing water sump for contamination? ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-03-16          80028

Hello everyone

Well the tractor is fixed and for sale - but lots of
controversy regarding theses Jinma's - had a buyer!
But as he started to ask questions from 4-5 dealers across the country and all his questions were answered differently
he got confused. So - he decided not to buy mine. Apparently 2001 was the first year that Jinma made the 354 (not information I was provided at the time of purchase)and
from what he has been told there has been alot of improvements. Also - mine has the ZL30 FEL (which he is told does not hold up and not really the best to have) he
would have to exchange it. I was also told that current year
models are not sold in the same year and that all tractors
for instance sold in 2004 would be model 2003, and he can buy a 2004 now. I am totally confused myself now. I have reduced the price to $8,000 and am taking quite a loss on this tractor I paid $14,200 and have not even had it 2 years. I can't seem to give it away.

On a good note - anyone following my Truck issue - DCX ended up buying back my 2003 Dodge and I now have a new
2004 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 long bed with the Diesel 600. I picked up the new one March 2nd and will be getting a hitch
and brake box this week. Took quite a lot of persistance and
patience (not to mention e-mailing the VP of Great Lakes
Business Center of DaimlerChrysler) every other day. The
released me from my lease, paid me for the hitch and brake
box in the old one and I BOUGHT the new one. Hopefull this
one will do the job.

Thanks to all

Dee
Borderline Farm

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-16          80049

Dee, best of luck selling the tractor and congratulations on getting your old truck bought back. Did you get the 6 speed manual transmission this time? The Cummins 325/600 is supposed to be one heck of a towing monster with the manual transmission. Hope this truck is the charm! ;o) ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
mscott6799

2004-03-16          80099

Hi Dee
I hope you find a buyer for your Jinma soon. I'm not sure if 2001 was the first year for the 354 or what year they were first built. I will say that almost anyone that wants to buy from an individual is looking for a bargain and will find a hundred different reasons why you should't almost give it to them. I've bought and sold a few tractors over the years and always get a few guys that will kick tires and downgrade it Jinma, Kubota, does'nt matter. Then along comes the guy that has cash and that Jinma will be just the tractor he needs. If you holdout firm on your price and let the guys in the Chinese tractor forums know its for sale at that price it will sell. If I did'nt already have a Jinma 354 i'd take it myself.
Mike ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-03-17          80132

HI Chief

No I did not get the 6 speed - I got the automatic trans
Since I am an older lady my legs cannot handle the clutch
too well. But so far so good on the truck.

The clutch issue is also one of the reasons I am selling
the Jinma - takes a toll on my knee and legs. The new JD
does not require much clutch action. Moves forward and back
without changing gears.

But thanks for the response.

Dee ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Borderline

2004-03-17          80133

Hello Mike

Thanks for responding - I have reduced my price and hopefull
it will sell soon. Its stupid for it to just sit when it
could be used. So - I would rather just take much less
I will probably end up loosing over 8,000 when its over not
to mention what I have put into it.

But if you know of anyone send them my way please.

DEE ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-17          80140

Hi Dee, hopefully Dodge has fixed the the problem with the 48RE transmission thrust washer oil starvation problem. It is a $7 part and 2 hours labor to repair. Here is the information link again. You may want to check with the Dodge dealer to see if any TSB's are out on this. Otherwise the 48RE is a BIG improvement over the 47RE automatic trans. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-17          80142

Dee, although not required; I would suggest installing a Mag-Hytech Double Deep transmission oil pan if you are going to tow heavy. Piers at Piers Diesel comes HIGHLY recommended for advice and parts in this area. They have great prices. I realize that something like this should not be needed on a new truck but unless you purchased the extended warranty, it is VERY cheap insurance. My understanding is that the oil pan for the 47RE is the same pan on the 48RE. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-03-25          81098

Hey Chief,
I'm thinking of trading in my Ram 1500 for a 2500 Cummins. Ive read some things (including this thread) and also heard on the street to avoid the Dodge automatic.
All I can find is that this is a 2004 with DG8 transmission Dealer claims it is new and imporved, but couldn't tell me when it was changed.
Should I avoid this in favor of a stick? I don't drive much in traffic.
Is the DG8 the same as the 48RE they talk about in the link you provided?
Thanks
chip ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-25          81099

Chip, this is just my opinion. The 48RE which is the automatic that comes with the current Dodge Ram Cummins pickups still has its teething problems as was pointed out in the link that I posted for Dee. I would guess that you would be using the truck for towing your equipment and tractors around and I feel there is NO better transmission than the NV5600 six speed manual that Dodge is currently offering. It works great with the Jake Brake and is very reliable. Same transmission in my truck which is also the 2500. If you plan to do some extensive towing, you may want to consider the 3500. Both ride about the same; the dual rear wheels are more stabile on the open road. My voted solidly goes for the 6 speed manual transmission. I am not positive but DG8 sounds like the Dodge option code for the 48RE automatic transmission. ....

Clutch for 354 Jinma

View my Photos
Joe

2004-04-14          83114

Have you sold that Jinma 354 yet ?
What are you asking for it ?
Tractor & Loader ?

Go Top Go Top

Share This