Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Chinese Tractors Board

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-20          71769

Guys,

I have added a new Chinese Tractors Board, please let me know if I have made any misstakes on brands that should have their own category, or if I have some none Chinese tractor stuff in the index. If you see a message that should be relisted to one of these forums let me know by sending me the message number.

Thanks,

Dennis TractorPoint

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gauthier
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-21          71833

Thankyou Dennis,the c.t.o.a. board has been ....up for about a year now,3 of them,no way to retrieve info,can't post pictures for help with repairs,all the info goes off the bottom of the board when its full,and repair type info is important for these tractors,[no its not that],its just that we don't have you neighbor hood johndeere garage to take it to,to get the fluids changed,we got to do minor stuff our selfs,and some major stuff,if the truth be told,so we need more info related to basic maintance and repairs then your big three owner. You will also find if people start using this instead of the c.t.o.a.,that you have a lot of first rate mechanics on their and could possably help out with other brands problems,a motor is a motor,hydro systems are hydro systems etc. I posted my experiences with this board on the c.t.o.a.,[one of the boards,the temp. one],all of which have been positive, I'm not a paying member yet but that could change,somebody said it cost 20 a year?I don't like the idea of paying to talk but......... Richard ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-21          71836

In regards to your comment " I don't like paying to Talk, But..."
I am relatively new to this board and went through alot of the discussions as a non-member and don't feel that the money I spent to become a member was to talk with other tractor folks. It was to get advice and feedback from others who have been there. I would rather pay $20 here and save $200 going to the dealer for work on something that someone here has experienced and could help me repair myself, because I didn't think it.
To be honest, just the feedback I received on purchasing a CUT from this board, probably already saved me a couple thousand.
You sound as though you are already well versed in the tractor world and may not need the help, but for folks like me, I can't Thank Dennis enough for setting up this board. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-21          71850

Thank you Dennis! This should be a great opportunity for all of us to learn a lot more about Jinma's.......at least speaking for myself. I got my first look up close at a Jinma at Rural King yesterday. They had some Agpro Jinma 254's and a model I have not yet hear of. I didn't get a chance to actually demo one.......the store was pretty crowded. Hopefully we will see alot more Jinma owners posting in this section! ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2003-12-22          71968

At the risk of ignoring a hint of sarcasim I may have detected, I'll stick my neck out and offer that Chinese tractors are arguably not GREAT, however they are pretty darn good, and the price really IS great!

Seriously, the quality of Chinese tractors, as with most other products from China, is improving as they continue to embrace the world market. That can only be a good thing overall. The factories are responsive to market input and make continuous improvements based on feedback provided.

THe tractors are typically very basic, not as well finished cosmetically and are most often purchased by DIY types who enjoy tinkering with basic, if somewhat outdated, technology. These tractors do work, and are excellent value especially for those who need a tractor only once or twice a week around their place. If you need hydrostat, cup holders and silky smooth paint than these are not for you. Some guys drive Hyundais, others drive Lexus believing you "get what you pay for".

Many dealers, such as myself, stock a good number of parts and as a result a network of parts support exists independent of any factory sponsored or controlled program. Comptetition exists so parts are much less expensive than brands who maintain monopolies on their parts.

These tractors are often as little as half the price of a "name brand" tractor. They may only be 75% as "good", but they are an excellent value for the right buyer.
China is well experienced at building Diesel engines and make more of them than anybody. The basic engineering on these tractors is for the most part sound, with a few minor problems resulting from less than attentive quality control. Once they have been tweeked by an attentive owner or experienced dealer, they can provide hundreds of troublfree hours. Chinese tractor owners do the majority of thier own repairs and utilize the internet a lot to share information. Like our tractors some of us may be a little rough around the edges, but we do have a good time with our toys and that is what it is all about!

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-23          72007

Outdated technology?

If that was a detriment people wouldn't be buying Deere 790's and Kioti 1914's.

I like simple tractors. ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2003-12-23          72008

Me too! That is what got me into this business, I started out serviceing and then selling machine tools, and have always tinkered on "collectible" cars, the chinese tractor business just seemed natural. Now we are handling everything from Farm Pro (Jinma), KAMA, Lenar, Long and Kioti! Sometimes your dreams unfold quicker than you can react! Truth is not everyone needs the same thing out of a tractor, now we have a little something for almost everyone. My only question, is how long till spring! ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
mscott6799

2003-12-23          72054

I own a Jinma354 that has over 150hours....unless it just self destructs.......doubt it will.......its been worth every penny I paid for it. ....

View my Photos
Harryg

2003-12-24          72117

Kubotaguy, got a 224 Jinma(22 Hp 4wd)but not from Nortrac but same machine. Put together from a crate sale. Lots of power, simple to fix if needed(real simple technology). I've had NO problems. Best purchase I've ever made.Would go it again in a heartbeat.Even have a few friends with Kubotas and JD's that after trying out my 224 out now have a different opinion than they used to. They are saying, although the fit/finish leaves much to be desired they are impressed with how it works and performed. Just the truth, Harry Goodwrench ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-24          72144

O.k.,now that we all know each other,lets just basicly,keep this board open for chinese tractor talk. And hold the bashing of said tractors down,any questions about these tractors will hopefully be answered in an honest way. I'll start with myself,I own a nortrac 254 tractor,they are made by jinma to northern tools specs,but they are a jinma,and basicaly the same as any other jinma tractor.I have 170 hrs so far in about 14 months,so far a few little things,[leaks,etc],have come up,northern has paid for all such parts,in an overnight way. SO so far so good. Richard Gauthier ....

View my Photos
mscott6799

2003-12-24          72145

I remember going to the fairs here in WV and PA. when the Kioti's were considered a lower form of life then Jinma's now 20 years later they are some of the best out there... ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-24          72146

Yeah,the kioti is now considered by most people a pretty good tractor. The jinmas are continually inproving,they have made several not so minor improvements in the past year,since I bought mine. And if you watch the news at all you know that china is coming out of the iron age,in a fast way,I do some shop inspection here in the U.S, from time to time,for fabricated items,[plastic making machinary],fabed from stainless steel,VERY expensive stuff,that is going to China,and they are tight on their specs.They will rival Japan,in quality,in the next 5 years,we are teaching them a lot,better to have a trade war I guess, then a blow them up war?The big three or four,all make tractors that are first rate,no questions there,but its like any thing else,if a product gets to expensive then somebody will come in and offer an alternative,thats where kioti found its home,and thats wher these china tractors will to,but in a bigger way I think. Richard ....

View my Photos
FordTractorMan

2003-12-25          72154

Hey, Chief. I have one of those Jinma/Tractor King units from Rural King and couldn't be happier. It's a strong running unit and the folks at the Carbondale Rural King couldn't be any better to work with. Drive one when you get a chance, I'll think you'll like it. Hope your nearest RK is a good as mine. Merry Christmas.

FordTractorMan ....

View my Photos
EZYDUZZIT40

2003-12-25          72161

FORD MAN; 2 questions, how does it start in cold
weather & how many h.p.,i have the chance to pick up a used
one cheap, but i need something that can handle a 5 foot
mower. thanks & Merry Christmas !!! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-25          72172

FordTractorMan,

Merry Christmas & welcome to CTB. Great to see new faces! I definitely plan to try driving a few of those Rural King Jinma's. It was so busy that I did not think I would stand a chance at getting the employees to pay attention with so many Christmas shoppers. They look like a pretty basic simple tractor with all manaual features (which is not a bad thing). I did notice two of the 254's around the back by the service garage that were customer warranty work returns. Looks like they both were leaking oil for the pto. Perhaps this is a problem that is easily fixed with a new seal and does not reocurr. I noticed the rubber was deteriorated even on the new tractors but I think some 3M dry type silicone lube/preservative would cure that. I like the fuel system prime pump feature. That makes life so much easier if you run it our of fuel or replace the fuel filter. I played hell getting my L245 reprimed after filter replacement.....almost had to resort to bleeding the injectors. For the price they sell for, you could buy 3 and be about even price wise of a similar John Deere. The Coycer FEL looked to be of good quality and I really like the ROPS canopy. If these tractors hold up pretty well, I could see a great value in using them for high hour applications such as wood splitting, field mowing, or running a generator; not to mention FEL work although I think a tractor with shuttle shift or hydro would be better suited for that. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-25          72173

Now that we have gotten all of the "pleasantries, warm welcomes, and great new jestures of friendship" out of the way; I can't wait to read and learn a LOT more about these tractors. Ain't it just great! Christmas Spirit! Peace on Earth! Good will towards men! (better be PC so women & "others") Getting a new tractor section off to a fresh. clean, start.

I would like to see a new thread started covering the cross over part #'s for filters & service parts. I think this would be particularly valuable in helping to get a feel for maintenance costs and upkeep.

Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year! ;o) ....

View my Photos
FordTractorMan

2003-12-25          72233

Hey, EasyDoesIt. I've got the 254, 25 hp and it'll eat a 5' bushhog up. I bought a 5' when I bought the tractor and went and traded it back in for a 6'. It gets along really good with it even in tall weeds. As for cold weather starting, the starter bendix doesn't always engage the flywheel the first try (sometimes takes a few tries) but when it does, it'll start. I let the glow plugs warm the engine for 20 seconds before starting. Been a good tractor in the 70 hrs. I've put on it. Hope you get one cheap. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-25          72234

Richard. Your input is valued here. I can't speak for Dennis or anyone else, but it seems we all come here with something to prove and we have all have had some burrs knocked off of us in the process.

I come from hill-folk too, my grandpa had to put a sock over the first electric light bulb he encountered because he couldn't figure out how to work it and needed some sleep.

Your personality and experiences are unique and have the potential to help a lot of folks with questions on this board, but I think you could turn it down a notch cousin.

I look forward to your postings on something that is here to stay.... Chinese tractors. Dennis obviously thinks you have something to offer and his faith in you is not mis-placed. Jump into that empty harness between me and Chief and help us pull.............. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-26          72243

Try logging in again and make sure your cookies are enabled. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-26          72252

Richard, I bet my bottom dollar that Dennis did NOT remove those threads. They were removed by the original poster. That is a priviledge Dennis affords us here as from time to time we all get a crossed thread or a few burrs knocked off as Mark stated. In addition to allowing us to correct mispellings and errors; it allows us to go back and reword our thoughts in the hopeful event of cooler heads prevailing or having a seocond thoughts.

I have the log in issue every now and then probably due to my antique Dell Dimension XPSR-400 computer and it relog in and check cookies as Mark suggested and all is well with the tractor world.

I am VERY happy to see and express a HUGE welcome for the Chinese Tractor Board section as well as so many new faces here posting in it. Not many of us have much knowledge or experience with these tractors and I for one hope to learn a great deal hopefully from those who choose to post here from the CTOA boards which have a wealth of information and experience.

I am adamnantly for free speech and right to defend one's self. If and when Dennis has done ANYTHING (and that is nearly a never situation) he leaves a message for all to see with his comments and reasons why. To my knowledge, Dennis has NEVER banned or taken away membership priveledges from ANYONE (at least not since I have been a member). I believe Dennis feels that it is far better that we moderate and police ourselves whereby we all can feel a sense of playing (and posting) on a level playing field.

There seems to be a large following of owner's and those interested in Chinese manufactured tractors and it is my genuine hope that this board/section will take off and provide the best place on the net for these folks to exchange ideas and information. A few disagreements are to be expected from time to time as well as it is very difficult to measure the tone and intent of words in type as opposed to speaking face to face. The New Year is nearly upon us and I sure hope to start it off well with good friends here on CTB and gain some knowledge from you guys with the Chinese tractors.

Hope all had an enjoyable Christmas and best wishes for the New Year! ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-26          72259

Hi,there Chief,I know about the editing feature. I did not delete my posts.Mark I have logged back on as you can see,and I still don't have the premium sevice back,so.... Richard ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-26          72261

Just one last thought,Mark as you can see my post to you last night was deleted,so lets all understand that I have now been censered,o.k.? Which is no big deal to me. Lets also all understand that some people are good at dishing it out but can't take it,this will be deleted before you and chief read it,but it needed saying anyways,if I am to be barred,deleted,downgraded then the three that were calling me even worse things should be treated the same,if you could go back and read all the posts from start to deletion time,you might come away with the idea that I did not start that mess,some guys got on the new chinese board to give us poor dumb chinese tractor guys a hard time,and I just fought back,which is something I was raised to do. Richard ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-26          72263

Richard, I am not aware of what got posted and deleted last night. I did not realize that anything had been deleted until late this morning. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-26          72264

Chief, several items were deleted, some voluntary and some were not voluntarily deleted therefore people of higher authority removed them which was a good thing since they did not contribute to the thread. With all of that said, I would like to get back to the original thread
I for one am interested in the Northern Tools tractors which I understand are Chinese. My old man is getting rid of his Massey Ferguson 135 and is looking for an inexpensive CUT. Does anyone have experience with these tractors? His main use would be for snow removal, moving wood, and bushhogging. I have heard very good things about these Chinese tractors so far and have been impressed. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-26          72272

Well hello there kobata,and how are you today? Good,Good. I don't think Chief has a northern tool nortrac tractor,however I do,I have a 254 with 170 hrs on it and have had it for about 15 months now.is there anything that I could help you with? You got to make it in 3 or 4 sentences because I have been downgraded to just a casual poster,but maybe we could do it over two or three postings? Your ole buddy, Richard ....

View my Photos
Harryg

2003-12-26          72277

Suggestion, maybe someone over at the CTOA board is close by geographly and could show/demostrate one of theirs. I checked out 2 before buying my Jinma but not from Northern as I bought a crate unit.Very happy with mine. Shown mine 3 times to prospective buyers. One is ordering his from Northern. I understand Northern is a good outfit to buy from. ....

View my Photos
EZYDUZZIT40

2003-12-26          72284

Ford t-man...appreciate the info. that's the model
i was interested in . the present owner called me to
let me know he was selling out & moving to tenn.
he's had his for 2 yrs app. and already replaced the starter
he had the same complaint;had to hit the starter 5 or 6 times to engage. he complained about oil leaks too;oil pan i think. he's asking $3000.00 as-is so it sounds like it's a
good deal. thanks again..........EZY ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-26          72285

Do they make their own loaders & backhoes or are they under another name brand? What kind of implements did you get? How are parts to get for them? ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-26          72291

From what I have seen; they typically come with a Koyker FEL. Not sure about the other stuff. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-26          72292

Kobota man,northern sells back hoes and end loaders with them as a package,I think they are made by great bend,I don't have either so can't say much there,I use a 5 ft hog with power to spare,mine is the 254,25 horse,the 204 is rated at 20 horse. You should go to northerns web page and look up tractors,Northern Tool.com,I believe. They also have stores in various places,I bought mine at their store in Salem,Va. Their main phone number is 1-800-533-5545,then ask them for a tractor person. I'm happy so far with mine,time of course will tell,but the price is right,and they are good people to deal with after you buy. Richard ....

View my Photos
lumber

2003-12-26          72307

Jinma can be equiped with own loaders and backhoe. There are numerous dealers stocking parts including online such as jinmaparts.com There are numerous dealers with websites who stock parts. I bought my Jinma from tractorconnection.com ....

View my Photos
FordTractorMan

2003-12-27          72335

What a deal, EZY! That's half of what I paid for mine and I got a deal. Haven't noticed anything yet as far as oil leaks, but I've only had mine 5 months. As far as attachments, Koyker makes a fine end loader, and Great Bend does too. You can get a Chinese loader for the 254, but it doesn't have rear axle braces, so I wouldn't try to move a very heavy load w/o making my own (too much stress on the tractor). If you can buy it for $3000, I wouldn't even want to negotiate. That's a deal. Good luck.

FTM ....

View my Photos
grinder

2003-12-27          72342

I'm reading all the comments here about these chinese tractors. Sounds to me that it proves the old "you get what you pay for" 70 hrs and starter problems and oil leaks? See ya!

I'm sure they are good for some people who don't use them much and shop by price only.

We recently purchased a new car and tried the KIA, getting sucked in by the price.Went around the block and right down to the Honda dealer and bought a new accord. Night/Day, high resale value,low maintence cost. Pay now or pay later.

Personally I shop resale value, that is why I would buy only a Kubota or John Deere.

I plan on using mine for a couple of years (trouble free) and getting most of my money back.

"Quality is always your best value"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Grinder nice post in another context no one is asking if it is a good idea to buy a Chinese Tractor in this thread This thread is about TractorPoint expanding its market to include PEOPLE who need help on repairing or selecting economy Chinese Tractors!!!

Dennis

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-27          72355

Those Kia's remind me of my early 70's Datsuns. They even look like they are made on the same tooling. ....

View my Photos
lumber

2003-12-27          72362

Fordtractorman, while I agree that having rear axle braces is better than not having them, most "big 3" compact tractors with factory loaders don't have them either and they use much lighter castings. Worst condition isn't carrying weight, it's impact loading when ramming loader into an object that doesn't move. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-27          72363

Grinder,with just 4 acres,two of that in lawn,as you said on your bio.,you shouldn't have any trouble. If thats all I needed a tractor for,I would have just got a new sears brand,shoot,I bet I weed eat an acre every year,now was they something you wanted to know about chinese tractors?,or did you just stop by to say negative things about them? Dennis,just defending again! Richard

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Richard,

Please note note to Grinder, Hmmmm can you turn the other Cheek, Just do not listen, I will just have to keep deleting this stuff!!!!

Dennis ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-27          72365

The Kia's come with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. I agree they are not a Honda or Toyota but depending on the price difference, could be a great value for someone wanting cheap transportation. I think the same thinking go towards the Jinma tractors. I would love to see any tractor manufacturer give the same warranty! I am waiting for Volkswagon to fix the timing belt problem on the TDI's before I buy one or offer free timeing belt replacements for the life of the vehichle. Otherwise, I'm gonna pass. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-27          72366

Grinder,one other thing,I've got 170 hrs on mine and have had no starter problems,none ,it starts every time. May be I should go on the johndeere and kobota boards,and make a negative reply about said tractors after each posting where somebody tells of some problem they are having with their tractor,there are plenty of these.We try to help each other on the chinese board,and if you can't help then you have nothing to say,O.K.? Dennis,how am I doing?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rich,

That is not what we want. I may have to invoke an NEW RULE. You must indicate in your profile that you own or plan to buy a Chinese Tractor to POST on the CHINESE Tractor boards.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-12-27          72369

Attention all Members !!!

The new Chinese Tractor Boards are here to help people who own Chinese Tractors or want to buy one.

This is not a "slam the Chinese Tractors Board", if you own another Brand that is great! Please try and be helpful to others. I know we all labor over decisions on tractors, and if you have some helpful experience which is an answer to a QUESTION great! What is right for one person is not always right for another!

Any messaage on this board that is a SLAM will have to be deleted, so save yourself the typing time, and do not bother. And save me the moderation time.

As you know I rarely censor or moderate content, do yourself and me a favor and exercise restraint and consideration for others.

Dennis
TractorPoint

View my Photos
FordTractorMan

2003-12-27          72370

Lumber: Sorry my friend, but I must differ with you. Check out the way the Koyker loader mounts vs. the way the Chinese ZL 20 loader mounts and you'll see one is braced and the other is not. You're right in that the shock of hitting an immovable object is mighty tough on one, but so is lifting a heavy load that lightens the rear of the tractor with out the loader being bolted to the rear axle. Have a good day. FTM ....

View my Photos
lumber

2003-12-27          72373

I agree that the Koyker has a superior mount. I disagree that the ZL20 mount puts the tractor at any greater risk than on a typical factory loader as found on many thousands of compact tractors. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-27          72376

Yes I can,since you asked me in such a nice way,my other cheek has bruises on it to though,just kidding,well..... Richard ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-27          72377

I'd like to pass on some info. that might be helpfull to somebody who is not familar with the jinma tractor and is thinking about buying one. My nortrac 254,with a 5 ft. hog on the back and no loader,is as long as and about as wide as a ford f-150 4by4 with an 8 ft bed,and with the canopy it is taller then the truck,I know because I park the tractor next to the truck in the carport sometimes. My point here,is that these are tractor sized tractors[for want of a better way of saying it],and are not suitable for lawn mowing in most lawns,try to imagine mowing your yard with said pickup,if that will work then your lawn is suitable to use this tractor for lawn mowing.It is great for mowing a few acres that are relativly open and any thing else a tractor does,but it is not what I call a subcompact tractor,smaller sized but not compact. Hope this helps future buyers out who havn't seen one up close. Richard ....

View my Photos
Harryg

2003-12-27          72391

First of all thanks to Dennis for the invite. Its nice to be able to see all of what is posted. Sometimes I wasn't sure of everything that was being asked. Glad to join my good friend and fellow Jinma owner Richard G to answer any questions that can be answered. As far as my Jinma it is a 224 and has plenty of power for what I use it for. I have a rear grader blade on I am in process of building a loader from plans. I have the main support for the loader built but ran out of time before winter and put a 7' fisher snow plow on it. Sure does push snow well.I push snow where you would not dare take a 4WD truck. There are all sorts of implements available, China made as well as USA made. I'm told the Koyker loader is superior to the China ZL20 but there is a big price difference too. Great bend loaders are used on the Northern Nortrac's. The ZL20 does not have an axle support as the Koyker does. Some guys have added rear supports to the ZL20, but I know guys that haven't and have no problems. My own opinion, any additional support certainly can't hurt any.Hopefully this spring I will have my loader finished, with a little TLC I expect many years of service out of my 224. While not equipped with all the bells and whistles and some older technology they are not as bad as some people make out. To me I just use it for work chores and that it does. Maybe we can help. Lets get some questions answered. Regards, harryg ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-27          72400

Is a mid mount PTO available on these tractors? ....

View my Photos
lumber

2003-12-27          72401

It looks like I need to carefully state my thoughts on loaders and bracing. Those who don't like Chinese tractors like to take discussions like these out of context, so I think that it is necessary to have it spelled out.
Like most compact tractor-loaders not involving an after market loader, the Jinma-ZL20 does not have a full subframe attaching to the rear axle. The majority of these other tractors do not have problems, and as far as I know the same is true of Jinmas. That said, certainly a subframe attaching to the rear axle adds a margin of safety, regardless of the brand of tractor or country of orgin.
I have a ZL20 on my Jinma and it is a good product. However, a Koyker is better, but I would not pay a large premium for one. ....

View my Photos
Harryg

2003-12-27          72405

Lumber, all you stated is true. The ZL20 loader alone does not utilitize a rear axle support if used alone with a loader. However, I'm told/informed that if a China backhoe that is hardmounted(not to be confused with 3pt hitch type backhoe which is also available)requires a ladder type main frame to equalize to backhoe forces over the entire tractor frame. That is why they suggest if buying a loader/backhoe combo package from china to get the master package.I'm sure that one could add backhoe and just reinforce it. If you have seen what I've done with my snow plow reinforcement to my loader frame you would say its built like a tank. I have a habit of going overboard. With the additions I have added to my frame rails alone make them over 1 1/4" thick. If you say I'm wacko you are most likely correct but nothing breaks when I build it. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-27          72414

KABOTAMAN,I don't think so,at least on the northern ones,somebody else might know more. Richard ....

View my Photos
lumber

2003-12-27          72423

Richard is correct. I haven't noticed any Chinese tractors offering mid pto. If we are both wrong, I'm certain someone will be quick to show us how wrong we are. However, to my knowledge, to run a mid mount implement requires drive from rear pto. ....

View my Photos
FordTractorMan

2003-12-27          72424

Dennis: Thanks a lot for the free time on the board. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. Nice to see Richard G. posting here. He's a pretty knowledgable guy on these tractors. They're slightly different than my Ford 8000. Thanks again, Dennis. ....

View my Photos
lumber

2003-12-27          72425

Harry, my reasons to post on this issue were 2:
1) Potential owners need to know that one is no more, and probably less likely to break their tractor if they buy a Jinma-ZL20 vs a major brand tractor-loader.
2) I'm tired of reading posts saying things such as (and I'm making this one up) "even Chinese owners will tell you that you'll break them if you put a loader on and don't add reinforcement" ....

View my Photos
JohnS

2003-12-28          72464

Given you are handy with a welder, making a rear axle support is not difficult. Here is an example of one I did without welding. Not as good as welding 1/4" plate to support tube, and bolting to rear axle piece.

JohnS ....

Link:   ZL20 FEL Suppport

View my Photos
Harryg

2003-12-28          72466

Lumber, Some loaders are engineered with a rear support, some are not. To add extra support is only added insurance that some have done. Any machine that is operated within its designed limits should have no problems. As a retired engineer friend of mine gives his defination of abuse. "Abuse=operating something outside its designed/intended parameters."
I know several people that have the ZL20 loader and some with the Koyker and have heard of NO structural failures of any kind on any of them whether they had a rear axle support or not. The nay sayers can distort all they want but fact is fact. ....

View my Photos
grinder

2003-12-28          72479

Dennis
I disagree with you,it seems to me that quality and value were being discussed as well as how they compare to the so called big three. I simply voiced my opinion, a point that maybe a prospective tractor buyer might consider.
If your going to delete any slams on a particular brand, seems to me you will be deleteing a good part of your text.

My point being that a good part of the disscussion here is comparing machines. I think it is great, experience is posted here to help the members decide.
It's too bad that some thin skinned members have to take comments personally, t was not my intention to slam any PEOPLE ,just the machines.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Grinder,

SLAMMING any tractor is NOT what Tractorpoint is about.

Dennis
Tractorpoint

View my Photos
jean bernard

2004-01-17          74294

hello to all! i ve been looking 4 a small backhoe 4 yrs. , the big 3 prices put buying 1 unrealistic 4 me then i ve found chinese tractors on the web, these i can afford, one gentleman earlier said resale value was is biggest priority, 4 me getting work done on my property is my priority,my property will appreciate several times over the cost of a good chinese tractor, im leaning towards a 35 hp f.e.l./backhoe and hopefully i ll do some work on the side and make a few bucks with her. point is many ppl. cant afford big 3 prices but can afford ch. prices. let us have our toys. that out of the way, i wish i could get more nuts and bolt info. on ch. tractors , side by side comparisons of say jinmas, dong fengs, kamas, taishans, etc. as a future buyer thats what i need.i ve learned more bout tractors/f.e.l.s /bhoes in the last 7 weeks then i ve ever known, and now know i ll b able to find the info here and other places to fix when she just like any other machine breaks down. thanx to all who selflessly give their time to help other ppl. realise their dreams come true. k tanx!!! ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-01-17          74296

Hi Jean,
Can't tell where you are but I have got Jinma, and KAMA/TaiShan tractors here side by side in Arkansas, also Kioti and Long Farmtracs! Hope to have some Lenars in soon too! Every piece of equipment has pluses and I guess our selection is broad enought to help the tractor shopper shop!

Perhaps the CTOA (Chinese Tractor Owners Association) needs to have a convention, get all the importers to put their wares on display. Anyone else interested? ....

View my Photos
hick11h1369

2004-05-04          85155

Hello, I am an owner of a chinese tractor and I have posted my wonderfull experiences with four of them.. I have owned 4 Lenar tractors, all of which has contributed to alot of heart ache and back aches and wallet aches. Three of the four died a sudden death from an engine knock right at the dealership to splitting in half and blowing the main hydraulic hose, (all four have done that) and all of them had some sort of leak. A good ash handled shovel is way more dependable than the Lenar tractor. I have used my shovel alot more than my tractors. You see, I have not put over 60 hours on any of them and the total hours of use between the four is somewhere around 130 hours. I really just cry when I hear how good china tractors are. I like many have read how good they are, and then I bought one, had four, and labeled my farm the Lenar Tractor Proving Grounds in Michigan. Some may not like the posts I put up, but hey, at least I havent put up any pictures yet. The truth is this, I want you all to think about fire works and the fourth of July. We spend good money on fire works and we all know that they are made in china. Well we all know that there are duds in the fireworks that we buy. Well if china can not make something blow up right, what would make any of us believe that they can make a tractor that works. My tractors have set broken down longer than they have ran. Shovels and name brands are the best buy for your time and your money. Please read my other posts that I put up under lenar tractors and china tractors. ....

View my Photos
reesy

2004-05-04          85161

so do you recomend them ?? hick ....

View my Photos
fatfarmboy

2004-05-04          85164

Sorry you had such rotten luck with Lenar, but there are many other brands of Chinese tractor. I've had rotten luck with Chevy trucks, but don't condemn those who buy one. Because I had bad luck with 2 doesn't mean the many thousands of others on the road are junk, too. I had horrible luck just in March with 2 (yes, 2) sets brand new Goodyear tires. The first new set made my truck shake terribly and the replacement set did the same. Most likely a bad batch, not a bad brand. I own a Jinma 254 w/80 hrs. and counting and am very happy with it. Just because your Lenars were junk doesn't mean that the Jinmas and the Futians and other Chinese brands are junk, too. ....

View my Photos
hick11h1369

2004-05-04          85175

In all honesty, I really cant say anything bad about any other tractor other than Lenar because I do not own and cant afford another tractor. I bought this tractor with alot of impliments to bring the price to around 15k. I am making these posts to draw attention to what people buy, there was one dealer in michigan for this tractor and he went out of business, now I am left with trying to get this thing fixed. I called Lenar HQs and they said, sorry about your luck, your dealer is responsible. Not us. Thanks again Lenar for your commitment to your customers. You guys are right, some are good and some are bad. What I say is the truth and it is directed at one brand of tractors and at all brands that do not back there products and leave their customers out in the cold. We may be farmers or weekend warriors, but we deserve to get a machine that works for our money. ....

View my Photos
hick11h1369

2004-05-04          85176

I wont recomend a certain tractor, but tractor suply sells one hell of a shovel, wheel barrow and ash handled post hole diggers. ....

View my Photos
fatfarmboy

2004-05-04          85178

LOL. That's good to know. You're dead right, we ought to get a machine that's worth our money. I'll remember to be wary of Lenar when I finally get ready to trade. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login