Go Bottom Go Bottom

jinma agricat 254 y385 wont start

View my Photos
pjgunner01
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-09-17          197995

Hello I am new to this forum and have used it to help answer a lot of questions I have in trying to learn as much as possible about Japanese tractors.I am in need of some help I acquired an agricat 254 with the Y385 engine from my brother in law and was not running and had not been running for about 3yrs.Initially the starter was bad and would not crank over,having rectified that I put new fuel in it and repaired some fuel leaks and was unable to get it to fire up.He had told me that it had been run hot a few times and could not resolve it and gave up on it.I set out to rectify the overheating issue and found the head gasket bad between 1 and 2 cylinder,a wrong thermostat and a plugged radiator,having assembled everything with new headgasket thermostat and properly cleaned radiator I have tried to get this thing started and cannot get it I have read a lot about the bleeding procedure for the fuel system and have replaced the sediment bowl,return line,main line to sediment bowl to pump,glow plugs.When I crank it over it acts like it wants to start but just wont go,when I bleed the lines I have fuel to injectors and I am just wondering where I am going wrong.Please help the newby to the diesel world.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bogman

2018-09-18          197996

See if this old thread helps.

https://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractor/fullThread.pl?parentnum=194967&catname=Jinma%20Farmpro%20Agracat&catcode=JIN&filter=#194975

Link:   Bleeding Jimna

View my Photos
pjgunner01

2018-09-23          198021

Thanks alot I will try that again on the bleed procedure and replace the fuel filter I havent done that yet ....

View my Photos
bogman

2018-11-08          198104

Do you have an update to your starting problem? I bet you have some burnt pistons after it ran hot. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login