Go Bottom Go Bottom

farm pro support

View my Photos
rober490
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-06-15          195341

hello. I just joined & i'm kicking the tires & considering a farm pro model 4220 2WD. any opinions on the tractor? are parts readily available?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

farm pro support

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-06-15          195343

Not aware have ever seen one but do a quick internet search shows they are made in China and imported by a company in the Midwest. Based upon what little I took the time to read seem to be a basic tractor (which is not bad) at lower price but not a good fit or finish in say paint or sheet metal. They are suppose to be selling a few thousand a year in the USA. ....

farm pro support

View my Photos
rober490

2016-06-15          195344

i'm not seeing any way to edit my post. it's a model 2420 ....

farm pro support

View my Photos
rcampb10

2016-06-16          195345

Stay far away. I have had nothing but problems, I have a Farm Pro 2425. Very cheap made, hard to get parts, look at others. Anything other..

farm pro support

View my Photos
Cyrus55

2016-06-16          195346

these tractors are Jinma tractors. Circle G tractors in Nashville has a stock of parts. check their website.
The Farm Pro is the nearly the same tractor as the Maverick 180 and Tractor King 200( was sold by Rural King)and the Jinma 180/200.
They are "old school" type tractors, but do have live hydraulics, and some have live PTO. I would rate them better than an 8N Ford, but parts are easier to come by for the Ford. I have 4 of the Mavericks. Recently the head gasket blew on one of them and I bought two from Circle G and my son replaced it. google maintenance videos on them.
Also, there is a Chinese Tractor Owners Association. Their website was: ctoa.net ....

farm pro support

View my Photos
rober490

2016-06-18          195354

I think i'll look elsewhere. I cannot afford the new stuff but have seen a few decent deals on other brands. a john deere 750 has caught my eye. it also seems to be better price wise to find a pkg deal. I need a tractor, blade, & tiller. I already have a mold board plow, disc, & harrow. i'm currently running an Ingersoll 4016 but need a little more oomph. ....

farm pro support

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-06-21          195369

Quote:
Originally Posted by rober490 | view 195344
i'm not seeing any way to edit my post. it's a model 2420

Look below how many post you have and it should show link there to "edit/delete".

No idea what your local market is like but for me, I much rather buy a quality product use than a lower quality product new. It is impossible to improve low quality once is it made (very seldom any way) as easy as to replace a worn out quality part. There are some good used tractor search engines out there and think Case and JD both have their own but there are many others. One point, those big web sites often are running a week or two behind the lot so expect to hear it is sold. The dealers that have web sites normally are very prompt in their site's info. Would suggest you do some looking, find dealerships you would buy from and talk with them in person if reasonable. If not at least on the phone for often the best buys are sold before they are on the big web sites. Have bought from two different dealerships used before the tractor hit their lot and in botch cases were comfortable enough with the person working with to in one case bought it totally over the phone and did not see till unloaded here and the other committed to it based upon inspection on their lot when ready. Turned out I went a day early and did not even hear it run till being unloaded for me. Would do both the same again. kt PS: I WOULD NOT DO THAT WITH SOME DEALERS I KNOW, if you tell me a lie I am gone. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login