Go Bottom Go Bottom

Agracat 2920 Jinma 254

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-18          165055

I'm sure this has been delt with before but couldn't find any history on it. The boot covering my power steering (under axel on front left) is torn and needs to be replaced; I have the boot but need to know what needs to be disconnected to remove and replace with the new one.

It looks like the connecting joint can be dropped and then unscrewed from the PS arm and then reattached. There is also a jam nut that was loose, I'm guessing that was to keep the tires/rim parralell?

Another question; what oil filter works for the 254?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Agracat 2920 Jinma 254

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-18          165058

Check out this site

Chinese Tractor Owners Association ....

Agracat 2920 Jinma 254

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-18          165063

Your profile suggests that your tractor is no newer than 2003. It's a bit hard for me to comprehend that you haven't changed an oil filter in six years. Nevertheless, I get my replacement spin-ons from NAPA. This list oughta help:
Oil Filter - NAPA= 1516 ($6) Purolator= PL20195 ($6)
Fuel Filter - NAPA= 3195 ($11) Purolator= F50284 ($10)
Air Filter - NAPA= 2276 ($24) Purolator= A42019 ($5)
You can cross-reference from there.

As far as the steering boot, just get a regular off-road shock absorber boot. The Rancho brand comes to mind. Install it from the wheel side.

//greg// ....

Agracat 2920 Jinma 254

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-08-19          165119

When I got the tractor I bought 6 oil filters with it, so I have been changing them regularly...about every 25 hours or in the spring of the year which ever comes first.

Thanks for the oil filter types, I need to stock up again.

I figured that I had to change it from the wheel side; do I take apart the pull rod joint, drop it down, unscrew it from the PS lever and than put on the boot?

Thanks ....

Agracat 2920 Jinma 254

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-08-19          165123

Don't know if you have the type with the cylinder down the side of the tractor, or the later type between the front wheels. But - assuming we're talking about the same thing - in both cases the end of the chrome rod that sticks out of the hydraulic cylinder should be mated to a painted connecting rod. Take it apart there.

//greg// ....

Agracat 2920 Jinma 254

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-08-22          165174

My PS runs from the center of the front axel to the left inside tire; parrelell with the axel. Fortunately it looks very much like it does in the manual (unlike the hydraulic filter system). Yes it looks like it's mating to a short rod. Thanks for the assist. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login