Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hour meter tack stopped working

View my Photos
Gerry1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-21          164235

Today I changed all the fluids on my 2004 farmpro 2425. ( engine,front axle,transmission and hydraulic fluid )
I used my rotary cutter for maybe 20 min. and noticed the needle on the tachometer was not moving. I did overfill the engine oil by about 1/2 qt,removed the extra oil and am now right at the full line. Does nayone have any ideas what caused the hour meter / tach. to stop working. Is it fuse controled?

Thanks Gerry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hour meter tack stopped working

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-21          164242

Unless you coincidentally ripped the tach sensor wire out while changing fluids, the issue is unrelated. There's a sensor screwed into the side of the bellhousing. It is triggered by the ring gear teeth that surround the flywheel. Verify that the electrical connection is still good. If yes, the sensor itself may have backed out in it's threaded hole.

The tractor must not be running when you do this. If it's not already, loosen the sensor locking collar. Carefully screw the sensor in till it stops against the ring gear. Back it out about 1/3 turn, then tighten the locking collar. Start engine and check for proper tach and hour meter operation.

//greg// ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login