Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 point hitch raise lower handle kickback f pro 2425

View my Photos
Gerry1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-13          164010

Having furhter investigated my hydraulic fluid overflow purge , I am thinking there might have been to much fluid in the sump. After the purge I am still at the full mark on the dipstick.
When I raise my bush hog I am noticing a fairly abrupt forward kickback in the raise / lower handle. This occurs at the top of the raise cycle when I hold the handle back as far as it goes.
I have only used the tractor maybe one hour and did not notice this prior to my hydro, fluid perge at the over flow outlet.
Is this normal and nothing to be concerned with ? One other thing I should mention is at one point My toplink was extended too much and in raising my bushhog it felt like the top link did not allow the bushhog to raise fully and causing a bind .

Appreciate any comments, Gerry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-13          164014

Unless they've changed the design since I had mine, it's supposed to kick back to the middle when it reaches the limit of travel - both lift AND lower. And those limits of travel are set by the thumbscrew devices on the control linkage. It's imperative that you do NOT permit the lift arms to travel too high.

The hydraulic lift piston has a large O-ring seal and two plastic wipers that hug the cylinder walls during travel. When the lift arms are permitted to raise too high, the piston seal and wipers can extend beyond the end of the open cylinder. The seal and wipers are then damaged the next time the arms lowered - because at the same time, the seal and wipers are torn being pulled back inside the cylinder walls.

One of the thumbwheel stops controls the max lift height. If you don't want to be tearing into your hydraulic lift box, that's the important one.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
Gerry1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-17          164139

Hi Greg,

You were right. I adjusted the lift handle linkage on the lowering side and evrything seems to be working fine.

Thanks, Gerry ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-17          164140

Excellent. Understand that the stops are there to prevent you from raising the upper arms too high with the control lever. There are other things that can make that happen - if you don't take proper precautions. Two most common are carrying heavy implements down a bumpy road with the arms at max lift height. The bouncing load can force the lift arms too high - regardless of where you have the stops set. The other thing is an implement like a post hole digger, some operators have unwittingly exceeded max lift height while trying to get their auger out of a hole.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login