Go Bottom Go Bottom

Agracat 2920 suction filter location

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-20          163511

OK, it's official - I'm retarded. Look as I might I can not find the suction filter on my 2920. My CUT has a plastic cover over the rear axle and under the seat with a cutout for the breather and dipstick (under rear of seat) making it difficult to remove the breather; is the filter under it? Is the filter located under the front of the seat? On the picture link (johnstractor) can you point to the part # or location?

Thanks, I'm now going back to finish my "See Spot Run" book.

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-20          163512

In the center of your diagram there is a round cavity, surrounded by three bolt holes. That's where the suction screen goes. The actual parts are on another page of your manual

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-06-22          163566

Thanks Greg, the hunt continues. Looks like it's under the seat; I've been looking more towards the rear of the section. FYI - This is the 3pt lift section, where's the diagram for the filter? Next life I'll learn Chinese instead of Zulu. ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-06-23          163586

OK, here it is with a cutout for access to the suction filter location, I thought. If you go to
http://agracat.shutterfly.com/
you will see some pics of the area in question. Does this have a filter? If so Where?

Thanks to all ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-24          163625

Have you not removed the 3 bolts from yours and pulled out the guts? That's the filter location, although filter is a misnomer. I'm more inclined to call it a suction screen. There's a picture of it at John's Tractor, the assembly at the left. ....

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac Agracat 2920 suction filter location

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-06-26          163658

Interestingly enought, this isn't the way mine looks unless I'm looking in the wrong place. The pictures I took (shutterfly) shows under the front of the seat. As mentioned this is covered with a filter glass material, the whole bottom of the tractor, and I had to cut this little section away in order to get access to what you see. The top piece DID NOT have a pipe going into it! If you look at the pictures you will see the hole cover (upside down &(red)) in two of the pics.

I might have to remove the entire fiber piece to track this down what goes where. Does anyone else's have a cover over this area?

Thanks Greg, the hunt continues. This time it's personal! ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-06-27          163660

Ok, I missed your photo link - sorry. Since your hydraulics can't work without a suction line, fluid must be drawn from the sump from another port. I suggest you start at the valve that is controlled by the lift lever (right side of the sump I think). That's the pressure side - coming from the output of the pump. Follow that line back to the pump.

Note that there are two lines at the pump. You've traced the pressure line (output), the other is the supply line (input). Follow that one back to the end, and note where it enters the sump. If you encounter an inline filter assembly along the way, that's the equivalent of your suction filter. If not, it's inside the sump at the end of the supply line.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-06-27          163661

I did that this morning before I read your note and it looks like mine comes in on the right side of the tank. The line goes from the pump under the frame and into the side, it's secured with a 4 bolt cover. Under the frame is a larger section of the line (but not joined, just a wider larger diameter so it doesn't look like there's any filter in that) that looks like it might be used for cooling or something. It's not shown in any diagram that I've ever seen or in the manual.

I'll take out the area where I think the filter might be and see what happens.

Wish me luck...I sure am learning a lot, and not by choice.

Follow-up - there is a filter in line with the tube. I took it out and it looked pretty clean but I'll flush it anyway. Re-assemble all and see if the 3pt works any better. Pictures to follow in case someone else has something similar. ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-06-27          163668

OK, I found a filter, hopefully it's THE filter. My Agra 2920 is a bit different from some others from what I've read and seen. Much of the housing below the seat is cover by a fiberglass cover that doesn't allow for easy viewing or working on some of the lines.

I originally took off the seat and cut a hole in this cover to find and clean the suction filter (earlier diagram from greg_g courtesy of Johnstractor) for the 3pt which was lifting only after a fairly long warm up time. To my horror there was no filter there. Long story short; I followed the line from the pump to the right side of the sump, just under the brake pedal is an in-line filter (this is NOT shown in my manual or any other that I've seen!) Pictures of the line and filter can be view at www.agracat.shutterfly.com; there are a couple of albums to view (6 pics) total.

The filter looked clean but I flushed it anyway and put it back in and together. Tricky part here is that there is a spring that is used to push the filter back and it's a bugger to put it in place and thread the cap back on; hopefully it's in there correctly; maybe if you put a dollup of grease on the end it would stick. Also be prepared to loose a lot of hydraulic fluid!! The filter is in the lowest location.

If anyone else has one like this please let me know if you've done anything similar or what the part number of the filter is.

Thanks to greg_g and all for the help, it's much appreciated. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-06-27          163672

I've got external inline suction screens on both my tractors. They're basically fine mesh screen wrapped around a metal cylinder to hold the shape. If yours is like mine, all you have to do is clean (or change) the screen. If it turns out that's what you need, I've got plenty of extra 80 mesh (180 micron) brass screen.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-06-28          163682

My filter was more of a paper cartridge type, didn't seen any metal screen. If you check the picture site (listed earlier and the "More pictues" and album at the top) you'll see where the filter was located and a picture of the filter itself. Is this where yours is located? Is there a metal filter inside that I missed?

Thanks ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-06-28          163683

Both mine (a KAMA and a TaiShan) are along the left side (facing forward) of the sump. Same problem as you relative to checking/changing them - you have to drain the sump first. But no - if there's paper visible - we've got completely different filtration systems. Mine are clearly fine screen mesh wrapped around a pass-through cylinder.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login