Go Bottom Go Bottom

Agracat 2920 RF axel wheel

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-05-12          162696

I was going out to mow the back paddock and noticed a puddle of oil under my right front wheel. When checking the fluid in the axel nothing showed on the dipstick. I noticed a "felt or frabic" sort of hanging between the top of the axel end and where the CV joint would be (center of wheel). Is this bit of fabric the seal? If so can it be replaced/repaired? Does oil in the axel go to this area? What oil should be used to replace what I've lost?

You guys are the best, thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-12          162698

Yes, yes, yes, and 80W90 gear oil - same as used in the transmission and rear differential. Assuming you haven't purchased any yet, make sure it has a non-foaming additive. It would help if it's safe for yellow metals too, but that doesn't always show up on the label. Any that's got an API rating of GL1 or MT1 is ok. Otherwise be careful. I can tell you from personal research that Coastal GL4/GL5 is safe.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-05-12          162701

Thanks Greg, you're Johnny on the spot (or Greg on the spot in this case). How tough is it to change this seal? Where's the best place to buy it? Is there anything else that should be done when replacing it? ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-12          162704

Never had one leak bad enough to replace, so I can't give you any first hand info. But I think I know the one you're talking about. Take a look at the exploded diagram below, and find part #28. If that's it, you can pretty much go by the diagram to figure out how far you have to disassemble to get at it.

//greg// ....

Link:   JM254 front drive

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-05-12          162709

Yes, that could be it. If I were superman I would probably see all those connection joints and know for sure. Sure am glad they made it nice and simple to follow. It looks like I'll need part #28 or 29 or maybe 30, hard to tell from this. I might have to breakout my manual...darn!

I believe that #46 is the check plug for the axle but I didn't see a washer and the diagram doesn't show the stick. Maybe I'm being to fussy. I suspect someone sells these; Affordable might have them.

Thanks

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-05-12          162718

You've got a big Jinma parts supplier right over in Waupaca too. Give Ryan Delaney a call at 866-533-5536

//greg// ....

Link:   Felt Washer

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac Agracat 2920 RF axel wheel

View my Photos
affordable

2009-05-13          162725

While Greg G does not refer us much we have whatever parts you may need,Not knocking Ryan he's a great guy too.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
www.affordabletractorsalesco.com ....

View my Photos
affordable

2009-05-13          162726

While Greg G does not refer us much we have whatever parts you may need,Not knocking Ryan he's a great guy too.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
979-865-4002 ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-05-14          162758

I haven't seen Ryan on this board but I've seen Tommy's replies on many questions. The last part I bought was the injector pump and that was a few years ago from Chip, haven't seen his name on hear lately either.

Tommy (et al), do you know what parts I'm referring to in this thread and do you have that part and know what's involved in repairing it?

Thanks to all ....

View my Photos
affordable

2009-05-15          162760

Yes I know what parts you need,there are 2-different size oil seals,1-felt washer,1-gasket. If you send me a e-mail I will try to explain to you how to make the repair,
tommy@affordabletractorsalesco.com

Or you can call me at 979-865-4002

Thanks Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2009-05-16          162788

Still around. Mostly doing the KAMA TAISHAN and Dong Feng, DFAM parts these days. have few Jinma parts, let Tommy and the others handle most of those these days... ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-05-19          162843

Thanks Tommy, I'm off to Canada on a little fishing trip but will be in touch when I return and hopefully we can get it all sorted out then.

Good to see you're still around Chip.

Thanks to all but a specail thanks to Greg, you do yourself proud for those who come to this board for help. ....

View my Photos
affordable

2009-05-22          162889

I love fishing in Canada, Walleye and Pike.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-06-01          163115

Tommy, sent you an email but your mailbox was full so it bounced back.

I'll try later. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-06-02          163135

Kalpia, generally email mail boxes--addresses actually---don't get full per se. However voicemail does.

If it bounced back to you then most likely the address was incorrect or he has closed the account. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2009-06-02          163136

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 163135
Kalpia, generally email mail boxes--addresses actually---don't get full per se. However voicemail does.If it bounced back to you then most likely the address was incorrect or he has closed the account.

With huge disk drives it doesn't happen as frequently as it used to but it can still happen. ISPs often still place storage quotas on users and if the quota is exceeded new messages are bounced. Gmail is very generous but my own ISP gives us 5MB (which is ridiculously small by today's standards).

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-06-02          163137

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwschumm | view 163136
ISPs often still place storage quotas on users and if the quota is exceeded new messages are bounced.
Concur. Some email providers also limit the size and number of attachments. I recently tried to send some farm photos to a software company requesting them, only to find their mail box wasn't big enough to accept them. Had to resend the photos in several smaller emails.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-06-02          163138

Yes, I know. My ISP limits mine to 10M and it's been full on several occasions and the mail has bouced back...to me. I was trying to email the wife from my Hot acc't while traveling. It's amazing that a few dozen photos and a video from friends and boom, it's full.

I should give him a call anyway.

Best to all, ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2009-06-14          163421

Thanks to all. I got the parts from Tommy (affordable) and got them in, took about two hours so not to bad. Added the oil and so far no more leaks.

A couple of minor points: There are two gaskets that I didn't order that would have been nice to have. One for the top under the grease cert (#22 on parts page) and a spacer gasket under that arm foot (#7). There's also one for the bottom (#55?) that I took off that didn't need to be removed but I didn't know that until it was too late. Other than that it wasn't to bad. Total for parts - about $20. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login