Go Bottom Go Bottom

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Moooboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-30          122022

I am looking at a jinma 284 new tractor and have some questions.I have 5 acres and it would be used for basic chores/post holing ect and grading my gravel road and little ranch stuff.Is this a reliable tractor?Is it big enuf for the little dirt moving/dragging I'll be doing?Its in my price range,
thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-30          122024

Personally I would look for a good used machine in your price range. If you buy a good machine used you will not loose any money and can buy a new tractor after you have some experience. ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Moooboy

2005-12-30          122028

Why?So if a Jinma is rated at 5k hours and so is any other manufacturer and a used one have 2k hours on it why not get a new one than i used one that i am no idea how it was taken care of.Whats wrong with a Jinma? ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-30          122029

Jinmas are often (always?) assembled stateside by dealers who are of varying quality. Sometimes they do well, sometimes they don't. They generally aren't quite as reliable as a major brand and owners often have to do their own repairs. Up to you to decide if you can cope with downtime and do your own repairs. On resale you'd probably do better on a used major brand than a new Jinma. There are lots of comments on Jinmas here in the Jinma forum, you might want to spend a little time reading up on them. ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Moooboy

2005-12-31          122030

thanks for the info but i will be getting a crate tractor and assembling it myself,which i am capable since i do ground up restorations of Mopars for a hobby,a tractor cant be that difficult and the crate price is 8500 out the door with a loader for a 284le,28hp,4x4.I just dont want to buy someone elses problems or pay more for a deere just because its green,I can paint the Jinma green:).All deere compact tracotrs are improted anyways ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Peters

2005-12-31          122033

What I was trying to suggest was that if you purchase right, for example I bought a used JD 750 with loader and 150 hours for 8.5K. I put 250 hr on it and sold it for what I paid. If you buy the Jimna you will not get the same money immediately after purchase. In 10 years maybe. ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
grinder

2005-12-31          122035

Should I buy a JIMA ? NO. ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Jinma354

2005-12-31          122038

Jinmas are ok tractors. I've owned all brands and they all break. I have a Jinma 354 with over 300 hours and have had half the problems i've had with my BX 23 Kubota with 200 hours. ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-12-31          122041

I personally would never pay $8500 for a rebadged Yanmar that somebody else maintained, when the same money could buy something NEW that I could put together with my own hands. From that aspect, poor "dealer-prep" is a non-issue. If the buyer is confident in his/her mechanical skills, then a new Jinma is the correct choice. This opinion is based upon my own experiences (mechanical and financial) with two JDs, a (real) Yanmar, two Jinmas, and my current KAMA.

That said, all this was before the smaller Jinmas started getting fit with the EPA-approved engine.

//greg// ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
RanchHand

2005-12-31          122043

I have never been able to find many used Jinma's for sale.... maybe I have looked in the wrong places??

I think the tractor will do what you have plans for.

If you give your new crate a good assemble and adjust, change fluids etc.... it should give you years of service at an affordable price.

You have www.affordabletractorsalesco.com in Bellville Tx that has a very large Parts Department thats not to far from you.

With your mechanical experience you should do well and save a lot of money.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply ....

Link:   An Jinma Dealers Opinion

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Carldarnell

2005-12-31          122044

Jinma's are good tractors. Yancheng Tractor Co has been in business making tractors for 45 years I believe. Jinma is their brand name and they make tractors that are sold under 18 other names I have found. It is easy to get parts for them. Visit the Chinese Tractor Owners Association site, www.ctoa.net . It is a group of owners that post info about their tractors. There are several dealers that advertise and post on CTOA. Northern Tool sells the NorTrac tractor that is a Jinma and stocks parts. I have a NorTrac NT 254 that I bought from a friend and I like my tractor. It does a very good job. Tractors are like anything mechanical used hard. They break and wear out. It is very important to flush out all the oils and replace with good quality oil from the start and grease it also. At least visit CTOA and read the posts even if you don't join for there is a lot of good info you need to know. You should have no trouble assembling a tractor. What better way to get to know it than that. Buy one and start having fun. ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
moooboy

2005-12-31          122048

I have been looking for a used deere or kubota for a couple of years now off and on and the prices are high in the Ag area i live,they want more than the tractor sold for new when it is used,thats why i am looking at the Jinma ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
moooboy

2005-12-31          122049

I personally would never pay $8500 for a rebadged Yanmar that somebody else maintained, when the same money could buy something NEW that I could put together with my own hands. From that aspect, poor "dealer-prep" is a non-issue. If the buyer is confident in his/her mechanical skills, then a new Jinma is the correct choice. This opinion is based upon my own experiences (mechanical and financial) with two JDs, a (real) Yanmar, two Jinmas, and my current KAMA.

That said, all this was before the smaller Jinmas started getting fit with the EPA-approved engine.

//greg//
This is a new tractor,it hasnt left China yet,so it will be the latest with the new 9" clutch and EPA engine.I pay for it,if i go thru with it by the 15th and it will arrive a month later for 8500 ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-12-31          122050

It sounds like your mind is made up and you're looking for affirmation. If you have the mechanical skills to put it together and do repairs you should be ok. Good luck with your purchase. ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-12-31          122051

Just so you're not disappointed after the fact, be advised that JM284s with the EPA engine currently do NOT have 28hp. Regardless of what you were told, or what the decals say - you're getting a 25hp tractor. And the 9" clutch has been standard for a couple years now.

Is the crate price you were quoted the delivered-to-your-residence amount? Or are you still going to have to jump through all the importer/broker hoops? Customs fees/port fees/tax/delivery can really mount up if you're not prepared for them. And good luck on that month. Others have waited over 6 months before they actually set eyes on their purchase.

//greg// ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-31          122052

Here is a good website that may help give you some insight as to what is involved in assembling a crate tractor and a feel for how these machines perform. This is a Jinma 224 but I would think the issues covered are similar. You can decide for yourself.

Link:   Jinma 224 4WD Tractor

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-12-31          122053

Ronald - ref your used Jinma observation. I've gotten rid of both my JM254s, I overestimated their capability to do what I asked of them. In hindsight, my KM454 is what I should have bought right up front.

Anyway - I broke even on the first Jinma, and made a reasonable profit on the second. That's based strictly on original purchase price - I didn't factor in parts and labor while they were actively engaged in farm work. I consider that just "operating costs".

//greg// ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Moooboy

2005-12-31          122054

I havent made up my mind yet but no one has told me anything yet to definatly stay away from this tractor,I am still looking until i hand him the cash before the 15th but am leaning that way.I am tired of looking at beat up worn out used deere's and fords for more than i can buy this new tractor.The dealer lives 30 minutes from me,so all i have to do is hook up my 20 tilt car trailer and go pick it up when it arrives ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Moooboy

2005-12-31          122055

thanks for the link Chief:) ....

SHould i buy a JInma

View my Photos
Moooboy

2006-01-02          122165

OK i took everyones heed on buying a Jinma and bought a ford 1510 today with a loader,4x4 and box scaper,I know i probably paid too much but used compact 4x4 tractors in calif are high.After giving the seller my 56 model 40 john deere(broken down and was given to me along with a disc box scaper and pallet forks,which i am keeping.he gave me a 1k credit towards the 1510 so it cost me 7500 and only has 350 hours and is in mint condition,is this a fair deal?I really like the tractor and it starts everytime and was stored out of the weather all its life ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login