Go Bottom Go Bottom

Opinion which chinese tractors is best

View my Photos
mowrey1999
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-25          116889

Just looking for information on chinese tractors,Does any one have a opinion on what in there opinion is the best quality/reliable chinese brand tractor made or a stand out in the crowd,I mean it seems in the US/ John deere seems good and reliable/Kubota seems to have great customer satisifaction and is easy to get parts for ect, What are the main differences/motors/options in the jimna/kama/foton/hinomoto ect.just wanted to see some of the main differences in the brands and opinions on what might be best value, the jinma seems to have a good following and several happy owners and wanted to get other opinions thanks in advance

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-25          116907

Right off the top of my head i would say that the best one would be the one you can get parts for.

Northern Tool might have enough parts support to make whatever brand they sell a better deal even if it costs more. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-25          116908

There doesn't seem to be a large number of owners of these machines here. Pehaps Gregg or Chip Uren will jump in and express their experiences. I haven't had a lot of experience personally. Have you asked this question over on CTOA? Those guys specialize in these tractors. ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2005-09-25          116911

My recommendation would depend on the size tractor needed. It would also be biased as we are a leading KAMA importer, although we also handle Jinmas, mostly from Farm Pro who now include some Fotons in their product mix, so we have all three Chinese brands mentioned on our lot at present. Hinomoto is a gray market Japanese brand, and I don't think they are still in business, but I may be wrong, I am no Japanese tractor expert. The Chinese tractors are very basic, no synchromesh in the trans, most have vertical mufflers, etc. Parts inventories in US continue to grow, especially for Jinma and we continue to stock up on KAMA parts. Not sure what the foton parts situation will be, it will likely depend on the source. Hard to get specific without more info. A chinese tractor can be an excellent choice for the right buyer who understands he is getting a product that will likely require a little more maintenance and repair along the way, but will be substanitally less money invested. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-09-25          116913

It would help if you could narrow the field; what would you expect the tractor to do, and what size do you think could do those tasks for you? From there we can discuss which manufacturer may supply the most suitable product

//greg// ....

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-09-25          116914

Not to ruffle any feathers but shouldn't this statement:
" A chinese tractor can be an excellent choice for the right buyer who understands he is getting a product that will likely require a little more maintenance and repair along the way, but will be substanitally less money invested."

Come with the following disclamer? (Resale/inconvenience/parts/service availability and proven durability in the long run.

You can spend it now or you can spend it later I suppose!

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-09-25          116915

Which Chinese tractor is it you own Arch? The way I read Mowrey1999's post, pretty strongly suggests he's looking for more than simple conjecture here.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-09-25          116918

Sorry you feel that way!! To answer your ? I do not own a Chinese tractor and since I work in the field and have direct knowledge of the market what I said and how I said it,is not CONJECTURE!! It is just a fact stated in honest terms!!

Unruffle, Facts are still facts no matter how one opposes them!! ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-09-26          116928

I "work in the field" too Arch, but have never owned/operated/sold/serviced a Kubota, a Farmall, or any Landpride implements. Ever notice you don't see ME posting to THOSE forums ?

You suggested a disclaimer, but still are running several quarts low on "honest terms" and "facts" to support it.

One simple fact that I can offer to disclaim your disclaimer, is that Chinese tractors/implement sales and service is a growth field. With only a few thousand units imported to date, there simply aren't enough data points available yet to establish any meaningful "facts".

Well one maybe.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-09-26          116929

Mowrey1999 - there's a reasonably consensus that the biggest impact on owner satisfaction has been "dealer prep" and "service after sale" (a statement clearly not limited to Chinese products). Chinese tractors/implements usually arrive in crated form - partially disassembled. If the initial stateside assembly and checkout isn't competent, there WILL be problems for the buyer. Since these are also low volume imports, you're not going to be serviced by a "factory trained technician" or find the parts you need on a WalMart shelf. Hence, the need for reliable and competent service-after-sale.

The smart money buys from dealers that have already figured this out for themselves.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-26          116942

mowrey1999,

I posted this link for another member who asked similar questions about chinese tractors. Again I don't have a lot of experience with them and as Chip mentioned, they do require more TLC than the average bear. From what I have seen, (just my observation) the Jinma tractor line seems to be the most wide spread and prevailant of these imports. The link below has a LOT of good info. on building one up right out of the crate and later use as well as some implements. Maybe it will help give you a "feel" for the over all picture of owning one. ....

Link:   Jinma 224 4WD Tractor

View my Photos
chipuren

2005-09-26          116943

I think you will be hard pressed to spend 20% of your initial savings maintaining a Chinese tractor for many years. The problem is not design, it is lack of QC. as a dealer/importer we do our best to catch as many deficiencies as possible and if we miss one it will show up fairly soon in use. The most important thing is to know who can call for help ie, who who chose ot buy from. I think my statement was accurate as it was stated and does not call for editing by members without first hand ownership experience, but thanks for your effort. ....

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-09-26          116989

First, I wish to apologize for whatever reason this thread took a wrong turn!

1. I put my qualified reply to Chipuren in "---" that means I was refering to his post and no others!!

2.He as much agrees but then cautions that unless you own the same thing you are somehow unqualified to comment and It remains apparent for all to see I edited nothing, not then and certainly not now!!

3."I "work in the field" too Arch, but have never owned/operated/sold/serviced a Kubota, a Farmall, or any Landpride implements. Ever notice you don't see ME posting to THOSE forums ?

You suggested a disclaimer, but still are running several quarts low on "honest terms" and "facts" to support it.

One simple fact that I can offer to disclaim your disclaimer, is that Chinese tractors/implement sales and service is a growth field. With only a few thousand units imported to date, there simply aren't enough data points available yet to establish any meaningful "facts".

Well one maybe.

//greg// "

I may be a quart low, depends more on the the dipstick measuring the level! I'm sorry but the above just smacks of argonance based on not understanding the post I first offered!!

Who ever has no fixed opinions has no constant feelings.,
I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would be an affront to your intelligence, ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2005-09-27          116994

" A chinese tractor can be an excellent choice for the right buyer who understands he is getting a product that will likely require a little more maintenance and repair along the way, but will be substanitally less money invested."

Dean, the above is an accurate statement (overlooking a coule gramatical errors) that generally applies to all chinese tractors when compared to popular tractor brands.

Should someone buying an Orange or green tractor (or whatever you use out in your field) be given a disclaimer that "parts must come from one importer in the USA so expect to pay $400 for a starter or $ 12.00 for an oil filer..."? There are pros and cons to every brand of tractor.

We have sold over one hundred tractors this year alone. we have had a few minor issues, even a couple major ones, but we have been able to supply our customers parts needs and those of other dealers and importers who for whatever reason are unable to uphold their obligations. There are some bad dealers in all colors and nationalities of tractors.

Face it Dean, your proposed "disclaimer" was out of line. Adding the "not to ruffle any feathers" does not soften the blow. I have erred in that I did not turn the other cheek, and for that I will seek the Lord's forgiveness, and in turn I forgive you. NO hard feelings.

If the poster provides more info on the size of tractor his friend is looking at, I will offer information about "Which CHINESE tractor" might best serve the need. other than that I am done with this thread.

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-09-27          116997

Mowrey1999 - if you'd prefer to work around this poseur, you can contact Chip or me via email. Chip sells and services products from several Chinese tractor/implement manufacturers, and can be contacted through his website: http://www.artrac.com

I'm a former Jinma/current KAMA owner, and you'll find an email address in my site profile.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
n4807g

2005-09-28          117072

If it helps at all in about 1 1/2 hours I'm taking delivery on a Farm Pro 8240 with a Koyker 310 loader. I bought a Belarus 572 in 1992 (as everyone around me laughed and said what a fool I was). 635 hours later the Belarus will pull just about any other tractor in it's size around a field while still doing it's work. A mahindra dealer offered me $7,000 in trade. I paid $12,500 in 1992. The Chinese aren't stupid, they are very shrewd businessmen. I wouldn't doubt that within a few years they'll have a substantial part of the compact/utility tractor market. If you want an update on how the Farm Pro 8240 works keep checking this thread and I'll let you know ....

View my Photos
n4807g

2005-09-28          117073

Actually if anyone wants an update on how the 8240 Farm Pro works just send me an email. My address is in my profile. Put Farm Pro 8240 in the subject line. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-28          117075

Not familiar with the Farm Pro 8240? Is this a new model line? I have seen the Farm Pro 8020 which looks to be a pretty impressive machine with the 80 hp Perkins diesel provided the price is competitive.

Can you expand a little more ont the specs. for the 8240 and if you don't mind my asking; what did you pay for it and where did you buy it? ....

View my Photos
n4807g

2005-09-29          117111

Hi: Bought it from M&M Tractor, 703 West Huntington, Montpelier, IN 47359. Ask for Jeremy. The 8240 is the newest version of the 8020. The literature that came with the tractor has Euroleopard and Foton all over it. They're all the same tractor. I paid $26,000 delivered to New Hampshire. Tractor came with a 310 Koykler loader. I can honestly say I'm very impressed with the fit & finish. I spent an hour crawling all ove the machine looking for poor workmanship, loose fasteners, poor assembly, and construction. I found virtually none. The console is well layed out and functional. The fuse box uses standard automotive (blade) color coded fuses, and everything was neatly organized and wire tied. The tractor started right up and drove beautifully. Bear in mind I'm comparing it to a Belarus 572 made in 1992. So far I'm very pleased. I have 8 JPG's of the two tractors side by side. If you send an email to my address (see profile) I'll email them to you for a look see. Any comparable MF, Case, Mahindra was at least 15K more.

View my Photos
gfd257

2005-09-29          117140

I just purchased a Farm King 200 (Jinma I believe) from Rural King. Major reason purchase was the price.

View my Photos
n4807g

2005-10-01          117206

Just spent 2 hours with the new Farm Pro 8240 mowing with 6 foot deck brush hog. Never had air conditioning before.....NEVER BE WITHOUT IT AGAIN!!! No dirt, no sweat, fantastic. The tractor drive and rides very well. It's a foot wider in the rear wheels then my Belarus and it feels much more stable. Setting up the mower and engaging the PTO was a snap. Even when the deck was loaded with grass or bit some earth the tractor didn't get bogged down. I was running it at 1800-2000 RPM. Once the water temperature gauge stabalized at about 5/8 scale it never went higher (red area begins at 3/4). The tractor shifts effortlessly on the fly...no problem synchronizing. The Perkins Turbo responds quickly and smoothly to the throttle. So far what a great machine. It was delivered with 6 hours on the meter it now has 8.

There are only two gripes (if you want to call them that). Ist is the engine noise. The Turbo is louder than the Belarus normally aspirated engine. I assume it's the blower, and the higher RPM's. The 2nd is some vibration between 1400-1500 RPM. I assume it's a normal harmonic because it disappears when the engines goes beyon 1500. In the higher RPM's right up to 2000+ the engine is smooth.

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-10-19          118169

I have read and reread many of the comments in the line of thought. Sure made me think of conversations of young bulls as to which brand of pickup was the best and how you were able to sup of this brand compared to that one. I learned something from both. If you don't like it, it will give you terrible service. ....

View my Photos
WTracy

2005-11-11          119242

Sorry for the newbie question but what is COTA? ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2005-11-11          119248

CTOA is Chinese Tractor OWners Association. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login