Go Bottom Go Bottom

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
hick11h1369
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-24          86712

Hello, for those of you thinking of buying a tractor, here are some things to consider. I have been an owner of four Lenar Tractors. The reason I have owned four of them is because the tractors were faulty to the point of the dealer having to pick them up and replace them. They all suffered a major breakdown of some sort before the six months dealer warranty expired. The warranty date stayed the same with each new tractor. This went on until the six months expired and the last tractor he droped off to me had faults before I hit fifty hours but the time period had elapsed and he went out of business, but not before he sold me a FailSafe warranty that Lenar approved of for this tractor. Well, what I found out from Lenar when I tried to get the problems fixed with this tractor is that when a dealer sells you the tractor, he is obligated to work on it. Well if he goes out of business, who works on the tractor. The answer is you do unless you are lucky and find a mechanic to work on it. Who pays for it, you do. Can you just take it to another Lenar dealer, maybe, the Lenar dealers are only obligated to work on the tractors that they sell, they are under no obligation whatsoever to work on another Lenar tractor. I was willing to drive about five hours to Indiana to have a Lenar dealer work on this tractor, but he said his insurance would not allow him to. So I am stuck with fixing this myself. The warranty that Lenar promises or advertised is only as good as the guy who sells the tractor. Sure they will send me parts for replacement, but if you are not a mechanic, who will replace them. So when buying a tractor, one should consider, if the tractor breaks down, who will work on it? Is it a tractor that you can take to any shop that works on ag equipment and have it fixed? If that was the case, would I have been willing to drive five hours to Indiana? Are parts easily obtainable, how soon will the tractor suffer a breakdown, what type of service are you going to get from the manufacturer? These are some really important questions that needs to be asked. Lenar said they will give me technical support and parts. So when I told him my engine was leaking oil, the technical support I got was "Yeah, thats a problem you should fix. Tell me what parts you need and I will send them." Well, I am not a mechanic, my dealers out of business, no mechanic wants to look at it, so my best judgment call was, I need a new engine, when can I expect it. No dice, said Berry, (the Lenar rep) I need a mechanic to tell me this. Basicly, he is off the hook until I find a mechanic to look at it and when one of their own dealers wont look at it, what is the chance of any other mechanic looking at it. Would I get this service from New Holland, JD, or Kubota??? Would Berry treat you any different if you bought a Lenar and had the problems that I have had? Buyers out there, beware of what you spend your money on. Service after the sale is what makes the difference between a Lenar and a higher price machine. Ever tractor will break down, some sooner and some later, but when they do go down, do you Berry them or do you take them to a well known dealer and have them fixed. Find out before you put yourselves in debt. Good luck Patrick Webb 1 734 439 0686 14659 Borso Dr. Milan, Mich. 48160 Please call if you have any questions about how Lenar has supported me or how I like my Lenar tractor. By the way, Lenar is part of Mazama Products and they carry the Taskmaster Tractor. Buyers beware.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
JC

2006-03-08          125745

Hi, I have read your posting today and would be very interested to hear what the problems were with your tractor(s). You only state that they had to replaced because of breaking down and an oil leak on your engine? With reference to your warranty issues. Well this is pretty poor, but you must remember if your not buying from an approved dealer these problems will occur. There are many 'one man' dealerships setting themselves up as tractor importers buying just a crate full of them to make themselves a quick dollar! This is happening in all countries not just the USA and it needs to be stopped. ....

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-08          125753

hick,

Found their web site. You might like the line about potential dealers must show financial ability for warranty.

www.tandjauto.com/lenar.html

It seems your post is hitting on my questions on Chinese tractors quality.

kt ....

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
hick11h1369

2006-03-08          125817

Hello JC,
As you know, my name is Patrick Webb, I have never been shy about this issue as I want people to know that I am a real consumer, and frankly, with the service, the product and now the sidestepping from this company, I want to be the biggest pain in the ass to jaingling, or however you spell it, Mazama, and Lenar that I can be. I have left messages for them to call me, their promises are hollow, and in michigan, even if there are just three of us that own Lenars in this state, the support is NIL, the messages I left are unanswered, the warranty was a costly piece of toilet paper and the tractor is just an over priced f##$%^& boat ancor.
I purchased this tractor, for specific reasons regarding the use I intended to put it through, 1. Putting in fence posts, 2. moving manure, 3. moving some dirt, 4. plowing snow, 5. moving round bales for the horses, 6. brush-hogging some weeds, 7. putting in drainage rows, 8. disking weeds under, and 8. The point is I only own 11 acres, and am trying to work about 8 acres in which does not consist of my home or my yard.
Now I did buy this tractor from an authorized dealer!!!!!! It was new, and as I stated before, Jim Travioli, did all he could to rectify my problems, but when you are dealing with a NEW COMPANY, ONE THAT IS OUT FOR THE CONSUMERS DOLLAR, an endevor like this can be a MISTAKE OF GREAT MONUMENTOUS PROPORTIONS. IF THE COMPANY IS MAKING LEMONS, AND YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL TRACTORS, THE ONLY THING YOU ARE GOING TO GET IS LEMONADE. LETS ALL REMEMBER, YOU CANT MAKE CHICKEN SOUP OUT OF CHICKEN SHIT. Please remember, this is not just one tractor, this is number four.
This tractor which is number 4 only has about 300 hours on it, and it has gone through at least 3 batteries,(it has an electrical problem some where, the engine sweats oil, it over heats if all you are doing is thinking about using it, it has gone through two starters, and is working on its third, there was a problem with the four wheel drive shift lever not engaging in four wheel drive, due to the detent being drilled too deep, the three point hitch wont stay up due to a faulty seal????, or because it is just a LENAR. I also believe that there is a problem in the transmission, or gears due to a few times where the tractor just stalled after being put in gear, like it was in forward and reverse at the same time. Lenar promised me another cost free replacement, and I have yet to recieve it, or an explanation. I warn all, beware of Lenar, their promisses and extended warranty. In fact, stick with what we know works, GREEN BLUE OR ORANGE. Thanks for your time, Patrick D Webb

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
jakeb47

2006-03-08          125837

You know Hick I can't speak for the others on this site who read your posts, but I for one have will never waste my time reading another one. YOU are one super wine baby. I'm retired military (29 years) and farm full time. When are you going to give up on getting a 5th free tractor from these people (I don't blame them I wouldn't give you another either). YOU bought a small compact tractor and put way to big a front end loader on it and want to bitch that it didn't hold up, go figure. If you can't turn a wrench and fix seals etc.. you should give up and hire some one to cut the grass for you, buy your hay, and get an Amish FEL (pitch fork) to clean up after the nags. You can even get a wagon (wheel barrow and when the front wheel falls off beat Wally world to death in the hopes of getting a new one). Suck it up, fix the tractor and get to work or go wine down at your local gin mill. Side note my loader tractor is 75hp with a medimun grade loader, I rely on it to get my cows feed 6 months a year. You don't buy the "heavey duty" loader it beats the hell out of your front end, no front end no get cows fed, duh. I wouldn't put a heavey loader on a tractor and that seems to be the option of others down at the diner (some learned it the hard way, not that you hear them wine on and on about it). ....

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-08          125846

Thank you Jake.

//greg// ....

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
hick11h1369

2006-03-09          125853

Hey Jake, pucker up and kiss my ass, not on the left, not on the right, but right in the center. I bought the tractor from a dealer and the tractor was sitting with the loader on the damn thing, how was I to know that it did not go with the tractor. Part of my decision to buy it was because it CAME WITH THE LOADER. I can turn a wrench, fix broken pieces of equipment and even do major repairs, but why should I have to do them with a brand new tractor. Do you think this is right for the company to promise one thing and deliver another? Trust me, with the down time I have had with this tractor, I have had to use the shovel quite a bit.. As for having nags on my farm, I dont recall seeing your wife or mother out here on the farm. You can say what you want, but the fact is that LENAR IS A COMPANY THAT IS FULL OF FAULTS AND THEIR PRODUCT IS DEFECTIVE. I am sorry you feel the way you do, go buy a LENAR for yourself and then lets hear your oppinion. ....

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-03-09          125860

Hick,

Have you checked to see if your state has a lemon law? Of course if there is no one to stand behind the equipment not sure it would be of any value.

Not agreeing with anyone here or disagreeing. But have not seen anyone post they own the same tractor and it is great. Also have not seen anyone say they own the same and they agree. I have no idea of any on this brand. Have never heard of it.

I will say I have worked my Kubotas and previous Case hard and never had the problems Hick said his gave him.

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-09          125894

I should keep my mouth shut but here it goes.

Hick,

You have accomplished your goal I will never own a lenar or any equipment associated with them till the end of time. Good or bad.
Jake could have put a little iceing on it, but this hate is going to eat you up. He may not have read your post from a couple of months ago. Most everyone has taken a beating you sure did so get in line with me. They (lenar)are bumbs but the fact is you should have shut down the transaction some where around #2 or #3 and got your money from the dealer. When the dealer started another business he got on with his life I am sure he lost money. I am no mechanic other than obvious items. I feel your pain enternal engine parts would be worthless to me unless I could build a bridge to my Island with them. With the problem you have had there might be enough parts. This was not to make light of your problem but to maybe get a smile out of you.
Best of luck ....

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
oneace

2006-03-09          125902

Don't really do any good but I am still behind you 100% Patrick. I bust my ass for my money and and can't afford to flush it down the toilet either.

Nags... Mother... lol !!!! Good retaliation. ....

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
Willie Virden

2007-01-23          139106

I purchased my 274 lenar 2003 model new with a loader. The only problem I have had was a seal leaking in the hydraulic system. Fixed it and havn't had any problems only normal maintenance batteries and such. I brushog, use a box blade, disc my garden and use my loader the most. I met the local distributor and he has been great with any questions I come up with and he will work on it if necessary. I plan on buying a finish mower in the spring. I live in southeast Oklahoma and have put it in some tight places. I guess I got a good one. Everyone here who has bought from these guys have had good results. Before buying me and a few friends tested the tractor for strentgh and whether it would hold up. The price was over half the cost of a kubota and kioti, bransons and other tractors I looked at. That is all I have to say. Willie Virden McAlester,OK. ....

The truth about Lenar

View my Photos
yan1601

2007-04-08          141166

It is probably to late, maybe you ought to look at another brand. There are many out there, do you homework before you buy. I have a Yanmar, it works fine, no problems, work the b-jesus out of it and like a japanese timex it keeps on ticking, go find another one, if you get a replacement, sell it, do not start it, drive it, use it or anything other than sell it. Be sure to tell the person buying it is not the best in the mid-=west, but it will cut the lawn. Good luck, Confushush say, man with tractor will till till dawn. Stupid, since chinese tractors will not til. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login