Go Bottom Go Bottom

Nortrac NT204C Loader choppy sticky going up

View my Photos
samr123
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-01-27          188764

My nt204c is choppy of sticky going up and i get a vibration under seat,trying to determine cause before any action

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-01-27          188765

Need more info. Is it only the FEL that's acting up? is it during lift - or curl - or both? and is your TPH (rear lift) is doing it too?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
samr123

2014-01-27          188768

rear lift ok alittle slow,curl also choppy on fel,fel will lift front wheels ....

View my Photos
samr123

2014-01-27          188769

choppy fel lift and curl ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-01-28          188780

Ok. That the rear lift is slow may be related to the viscosity of your hydraulic fluid. Most folks use AW32/ISO32, which has a viscosity that is roughly equivalent to 10 weight engine oil. The higher the AW number, the thicker the fluid. The thicker the hydraulic fluid, the slower it flows - especially when cold.

But that the rear lift is not jumping or jerky rules out air in the lines. But before blaming the loader controller, I'd rule out contaminated hydraulic fluid. I recommend starting your troubleshooting with a drain/flush/refill.

Kerosene makes a good hydraulic system flush. Drain out all the old stuff (drain plug typically looks like a hex head bolt at the rear of the sump). Replace drain plug, overfill sump with kerosene. Start engine, drive tractor around in a series of figure 8s (cleans steering system), lift/curl FEL several times (cleans loader valve/lines/cylinders), raise lower rear lift several times. Leave FEL raised and curled up, leave rear lift up, shut off engine. Drain kerosene from sump. I recommend draining it through a screen to catch the big chunks, as you may want to flush the system more than once. To get the kerosene out of the FEL, use the controller to uncurl and lower. To it out of the TPH, lower the lift arms. When you're satisfied that you got it reasonably clean, refill with fresh AW32 hydraulic fluid.

I suspect that may remedy your loader issue. If it doesn't, you might need to have the loader controller serviced.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
samr123

2014-01-28          188791

thanks greg for the solid advice,also will i also bleed the system after refill.thanks sam ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2014-01-29          188795

It's a vented system, so in normal operation it should be self-bleeding. The weak point is the vent itself. Typically it's nothing more than holes drilled into the hydraulic fluid fill plug/dipstick. They can get clogged with dirt, which can restrict and even prevent venting. Twice a year I'd remove my vent/fill plug and soak it in kerosene - then blow out the vent holes with compressed air.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login