Go Bottom Go Bottom

Foton ft404 clutch problem replacement

View my Photos
pauljmtz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-01-04          185849

Anyone experience problems with the two stage clutch on a 40 hp foton tractor. Mine has approx. 360 hrs on the tractor and the clutch gave out. In looking at the parts manual my tractor mechanic is a little intimidated as he works on Fords and j Deere's primarily. Any takers? Paul

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-01-04          185858

Unless you're prone to riding the clutch, you should get more than 360 hours. Might just need an adjustment

//Greg// ....

View my Photos
pauljmtz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-01-04          185860

Thanks Greg it was adjusted on the rod that is connected to the clutch petal. The play should be noire that 1/4 inch. The clutch petal is now soft and regardless of gear the tractor runs as in neutral. There was a whining sound from the throw out bearing when taking off from first. Thereafter it went nowhere. Using the loader primarily I doing think riding the clutch was a contributing factor. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-01-04          185865

Well technically I guess the TOB is part of the clutch assembly. Fortunately it not expensive. Unfortunately it means splitting the tractor. You should confirm this by viewing thru the inspection window. Cusbyou might need release fingers too ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login