Go Bottom Go Bottom

KAMA and TaiShan parts for sale

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-01          175460

Went to the site Classifieds section first, no real place to try and sell parts. I'm trading in my KM454 and TS354C for a new John Deere, and the salesman wasn't interested in offering me anything for the spare parts. I've got a couple thousand dollars worth of spares - mostly new - for both tractors, and some fit the Y385 engine in other Chinese tractors. Matter of fact, I've still got a couple old JM254 three point hitch parts lying around.

The parts list is too long to post here, but interested individuals can contact me via site IM with parts queries. We can switch to email from there. I can respond with what part numbers I can determine, and photos if I can't. Having owned 4 Chinese tractors over the last 10 years, I'm reasonably familiar with what parts are going for these days. So I'll probably be asking somewhere in the neighborhood of half new price, plus shipping.

//greg//

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-01          175461

Greg, you might do better contacting a few of the dealers who frequent the board here.

I doubt they'll pay what you're hoping for, but they would likely take the whole lot as a complete group.

Sometimes selling all for a discount beats selling some for full pop and sitting on what doesn't sell.

Congrats on the new JD too BTW.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-12-01          175462

Thanks for the suggestion Murf. But I've already had my share of dealer disappointments. That's the reason I mentioned I know what these parts go for. What was left unstated, is that covers both wholesale and retail. There's quite a respectable margin on this stuff, which makes a dealer about the last place I'd want to unload it - even at half price.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-12-01          175466

The first place I'd go to for no-cost/low effort with great results is posting on craigslist. The ads are good for 30-45 days.

Parts dealers or anyone looking to resell won't offer anything more than a dime on a dollar.

I've sold many things on there--the farthest customer was in Mexico--a welder-generator for $200. I sold a tractor to a guy in New Jersey; a road grader to guy in Nebraska; hydraulic tree loppers to a guy in New York; a manlift to a guy in the MI upper penninsula; a wood chipper to a guy in Iowa. All this was done by only advertising in my local Detroit area craigslist (as opposed to advertising outside my locale).

The only downfall with shipping and money collection is trust---one way only. By that I mean I never ship anything unless I get funds that clear or postal moneyorder. I buy the same way--send funds and hope I get the goods. I don't buy much sight-unseen anyway, but when I do... ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-12-01          175470

I have a friend who sells car parts on ebay and seems to do well with it. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2010-12-01          175471

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_g | view 175462
There's quite a respectable margin on this stuff, which makes a dealer about the last place I'd want to unload it - even at half price.//greg//

Ah, then FleaBay is definitely the route to go!

PayPal is a very safe way to receive the funds and unless the part is particularly heavy, the USPS, UPS, and Greyhound are very cheap ways to ship to the buyer.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-12-01          175474

Yeah, best dealer indication I got was barely 20 cents on the dollar. Some of the stuff will probably end up on CL or eBay. But I'm trying to offer first dibs to members of the Chinese tractor forums to which I belong. But since I'm retired, I don't mind piecing it out. Except stuff like O-rings and seals though. That kinda stuff I'd like to sell in lots.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
antscozz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-06-24          179156

Hey Greg ... long time!
I haven't visited this board for years.
I just happened upon this post ... I would be interested in 454 parts if you haven't moved them yet. I wasn't able to PM you maybe you can PM me w/ an email if you still have parts .... Scozz ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2011-06-25          179160

Yeah, I noticed PM and email not working too. Appears a bunch of premium memberships need renewing. But anyway, yes. There are still quite a few parts available. Contact me via email on greggroh at gmail dot com and we'll go from there

//greg// ....

View my Photos
gcurrlin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-12-22          197346

Would you happen to have the lifter bushings? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login