Go Bottom Go Bottom

220 pump shed

View my Photos
ajp2927
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-02-24          151629

just built new home...and I need to run power to my pump shed, my electrician installed an disconect on my new home , but it only has 2 hot leads coming from it...my question is can i run only the 2 hot leads to well and then ground at pump with copper rod??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

220 pump shed

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-24          151632

Ajp2927,

Your disconnect should be grounded at the box. The enclosure should serve as the ground connection. If you were to open the disconnect box, you'd likely find a ground wire attached to a ground terminal inside the case. This ground wire should be used when attaching your well pump to ground.

There may be two ground terminals inside your disconnect. One should be used by the power supply wire coming from the breaker box. The second ground screw should be attached to the power wire heading to your well pump.

You should check to be sure that your disconnect box is grounded back to the main circuit breaker box.

In any case, I wouldn't attempt to ground the pump using a copper grounding rod.

Joel ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login