Go Bottom Go Bottom

2007 Honda CRV Differential Change with Pump

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-11          183113

I am changing the differential fluid on my 2007 Honda CRV 4WD. To do it you need 2 quarts of Honda Differential Fluid, and 2 crush down washers and a fluid pump to refill the differential.

After some research I found that the Performance Tool Quart and Gallon pump fits the Honda one quart bottles perfectly. The hose that comes with the pump is very short so I went to Lowes and got 6 feet of 3/8 inch plastic tubing. The pump is very inexpensive, just plastic. To remove the short plastic tube I heated it up under hot water and used a butter knife to help push it off.

To order the pump you can use the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00329VL3G/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tractorpoint-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00329VL3G

Link:   Performance lubricant Pump for Honda CRV

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2007 Honda CRV Differential Change with Pump

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-25          183335

Recently noticed a rattling sound as I start to turn the wheel on the 2007. Called Honda service and they asked when was the last time I changed the differential fluid.

That had me puzzled. But since it is a part time AWD they said this is the sound it makes when the fluid is overdue and the rattle seems to come from the engine compartment.

Will change next non rainy weekend and update results! ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login