Go Bottom Go Bottom

Honda CRV Review 2007

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-30          152575

I bought the 2007 Honda CRV last year in January. When I first got it I referred to it as my "little 4 banger". I had traded in a 2000 Tundra V8 on it so the difference was striking. After driving it for over a year I have to say I really enjoy driving it alot and am very happy with the purchase. The handling is very good, as is the mileage, fit and finish.

Not to mix apples and oranges but last week I rented a Chevrolet HHR and a Jeep Compass. The only reason I mention them is that after driving them I realized yet again what a fantastic job Honda had done on the CRV. Surprisinly the HHR got pretty good mileage and felt good at highway speeds, but the visibility was one of the worst cars I have ever driven. The Jeep Compass got horrible mileage, the engine was noisey, and the shift points were awkward, and the layout of the dash was very boxey. I just checked the price of the Jeep Compass and it comes in $3000 less than a comparably equipted CRV. After driving it I thought it should be 8-10 k less, at that difference it would be quite an accomplishment.

From US News....

Honda CR-V
Overall Score - 9.2 (Excellent)

The CR-V delivers one of the best combinations of a practical interior and a reputation for safety and reliability in its class. If you're in the market for an affordable compact SUV, you should also consider the Toyota RAV4 and the Hyundai Tucson.

The redesigned 2007 Honda CR-V is appreciated by reviewers for providing a safe driving experience with ample storage space, now packaged in a sleeker design. As Motor Trend says, "Honda has taken the positive attributes that make the CR-V its perennial best-seller and added style, better handling, and a hint of cool." Kelley Blue Book shares that opinion. "Few vehicles do as many things as well as the CR-V," they write. "As practical as a backpack, this benchmark crossover is an easy, one-size-fits-most car choice."

An award winner, the 2007 Honda CR-V is one of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's 2007 "Top Safety Picks" and a "Best Buy" Compact SUV from Consumer Guide. The 2007 Honda CR-V has also been selected as Edmunds' Most Wanted SUV under $25,000 and as Motor Week Driver's Choice for Best Small Utility.

IntelliChoice gives the 2007 Honda CR-V a rating of "better than average" for its predicted five-year total cost of ownership, compared with other vehicles in its class. As About.com writes, "This is an excellent vehicle and a great value -- possibly the best compact SUV on the market today." The Washington Post's reviewer notes the benefits of the higher-scale models but concedes that "the less expensive but well-equipped EX model makes more sense for the pocketbooks of most families."

CR-V Performance - 8.3 (Very Good)
During test drives, auto writers find that the 2007 Honda CR-V provides a competent, if not exactly thrilling, ride. With its four-cylinder engine and five-speed transmission, the CR-V is "well-mannered, controlled and nimble on the road," U.S. News reviewer Rick Newman says. continue

CR-V Exterior - 7.5 (Good)
Reviews are mixed on the redesigns made to the 2007 Honda CR-V. While most reviewers agree that CR-Vs have lacked overall stylistic appeal since their debut in 1997, this year's reviews ranged from Car and Driver's praise that "changes add up to a much tighter and sleeker-looking body" to this thumbs down from a Cars.com reviewer: "My take on the redesign of the CR-V is that Honda uglified it inside and out." continue

CR-V Interior - 8.1 (Very Good)
Praise is high for the 2007 Honda CR-V's interior feel and features. As Motor Trend explains, "The cabin blends Honda's excellent fit and finish with the simple function CR-V owners will want." continue

CR-V Safety - 9.8 (Excellent)
The 2007 Honda CR-V receives 5 out of 5 stars in all government crash tests ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and the highest rating, "Good," from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Additionally, IIHS chose the 2007 Honda CR-V as one of its 2007 "Top Safety Picks." Its rollover potential has not been tested this year. continue

CR-V Reliability - 9.8 (Excellent)
Based on the U.S. News analysis of reliability information from a number of different sources, the 2007 Honda CR-V receives excellent marks for predicted reliability. The CR-V is covered with a bumper-to-bumper warranty for the first three years or 36,000 miles. continue "

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Honda CRV Review 2007

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-30          152580

Here is a pix of the Chevrolet HHR ....

Picture Link
Autos SUV Trucks Honda CRV Review 2007

Honda CRV Review 2007

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-03-30          152581

Here is a pix of the Jeep Compass: ....

Picture Link
Autos SUV Trucks Honda CRV Review 2007

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login