Go Bottom Go Bottom

I like my cordless shrubber but

View my Photos
crunch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-07          154374

I bought a B&D 7.2 volt cordless grass shear/shrubber combination that I really like - well at least the concept. The shrubber is a short hedge trimmer that I like to use to trim grass around the base of evergreen trees that I have planted. I just wish I could get some more juice, like a 12 or 18 volt shrubber. Anyone ever use one of these? Do you know where I could get one with more power? My echo weed wacker is great but I have a habit of getting too close to young trees.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-08          154382

Ya, they're handy for light work, and there are at least two 18V models out now.

Batteries don't last forever, which is why I wouldn't buy another that you have to dismantle with special tools to expose the battery -- which costs as much to replace as to buy a whole new unit. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-06-09          154422

Crunch, the simple solution is to just take a short (~ 6" - 8") piece of thin plastic drainage pipe or similar and slit it open lengthwise. Then open it enough to slip it around the trunk of the tree at ground level.

The thin plastic barrier is all that is needed to keep the line from skinning the tree if you get too close.

It will also keep little critters from eating the bark and girdling the trees during the winter as they burrow under the snow looking for food.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2008-06-09          154428

As a modification of the previous suggestion, if you take the afore mentioned drainage pipe (which works really well BTW) and slit it in a spiral fashion, puling in a single direction will not permit removal so the dogs cant pull them off either. ....

View my Photos
crunch

2008-06-09          154448

AnnBrush and Murf - good idea - thanks! My father always did say I did things the hard way. Auerbach - what are the models? Are they B&D? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login