Go Bottom Go Bottom

logging arch

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-21          77481

Anybody have one of these?
How does it work?

Link:   

Click Here

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

logging arch

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-21          77484

Great link grinder! I have never seen one of these before. Here is the link to the actual manufacturer.

Link:   click here

logging arch

View my Photos
grinder

2004-02-21          77487

Chief
Thanks, I couldn't find the web page, what did you search?
Looks like it would work pretty good,what do you think?

Link:   

Click Here

logging arch

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-21          77491

It is a long story and would make your head hurt finding it grinder. It did mine. ;o) I found a faulty link to Mammoth on the St. Louis Farm Show page. Had to delete half of the link content and it worked then. ....

logging arch

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-21          77495

I wish they would post their prices on the web page. Guess those are under contruction too. I will email them for a price list. ....

logging arch

View my Photos
grinder

2004-02-21          77512

Chief
I saw it on Union Farm Equipment page. They are a Kubota
/New Holland deal in Maine. (unionfarmequip.com) I am
sure they would give you a price. ....

logging arch

View my Photos
grinder

2004-02-21          77515

The U-Frame arch type w/top link adapter is $249.00
The T-Bar model is $425.00 w/OEM adapter
the top link adapter for that one is an additional $239.00
These are Union Farm Equip. Retail quoates. ....

logging arch

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-21          77525

The arch looks identical to a PHD arch frame. I wonder if I can use mine and just order the top arm and adapter? I'll have to look into it a little closer. That just sounds too easy. ....

logging arch

View my Photos
harvey

2004-02-22          77561

Chief my thought exactly. Its only a square tube with a 1/2x2" flat stock. a little cutting some welding and done. OH YEAH some green paint :-)

I use my boom for the same thing and hook down near the braces. Booms are only $100-$150. I've used mine for over 15 years and never bent it but have made it groan a few times. ....

logging arch

View my Photos
Keven
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-04          99839

I'll tell you guys, I considered this Mammoth product for a while until I saw something similar on ebay for a lot less money. It is much simpler too. You the tbar attachent makes you reverse it when you need to trailer someting.

check them out under the agriculture/implements on ebay for 100 bucks.

-k ....

logging arch

View my Photos
plots1

2004-11-04          99847

looks like a easy thing to fab up, looks like it would also work nicely.can u belive the money they get for something so simple! ....

logging arch

View my Photos
Mike1819

2004-11-04          99850

Wow, that's what I've been needing here to move some bigger downed trees around with. I'm anxious to see what you guys figure out with the PHD idea.

They show a log splitter on that web site - any of you ever built one? Is it difficult and do you have a set of plans for one?

It sure would beat a splitting maul! ....

logging arch

View my Photos
Murf

2004-11-05          99865

Mike, that 'skidding arch' is just parts of a PHD. If you have one do the smae thing.

As for log-splitters, I don't think I could rember all the different ones I have to make over the years, every shape size & style you could imagine. Presently I am making one for myself that will not just split the log, put cut the block off the log and split it all in one operation, no saw required.

Plans for a splitter are NOT required, it is mostly just hobbling together what you can find (scrounge?) so one part change would ripple all the way through the process and create lots more changes.

Basically you need a few feet of I-beam, about 6"w. x 8-12"h., a cylinder, about 4"-6" diameter with a stout piston rod, a valve, some hoses, a sliding push plate, a splitting head, a welder and an afternoon in the shop.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login