Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pressure Washer Operation

View my Photos
chuckles
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-01          58651

OK, so now I have this really great washer like the other Father's day buyers. So I think we should get some do and don'ts:

1) How do I remove the green mold off my house siding if it says don't put bleach through the pressure washer???

2) What is the right nozzle for each job:
a) washing the car
b) Doing cedar siding 6" lap
c) Cedar decking
d) cleaning concrete

3) what would you use that nozzle that has the tight pattern on?

I used the middle nozzle to clean the garage floor that had a failing epoxy finish on it and it cleaned it pretty good and removed alot of the loose paint without any chemicals. Also got rid of the glaze that the tires leave, making it look ready for a new paint job.

What are you guys doing?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-01          58662

I think the only rule is to use the least force necessary to do the job. It's all to easy to do damage by removing paint, shredding wood fibers, blasting stones out of exposed aggregate concrete, blowing water past seals, etc.

When cleaning concrete I always use a turbo nozzle at low pressure and work the pressure up until it starts to get clean. With a high pressure unit it's possible to etch concrete.

When using a pw that doesn't have adjustable pressure I start with the widest nozzle available and hold the wand a fair distance from the surface then slowly move in until it starts doing the job. If the surface isn't getting clean I switch to the next smallest nozzle, and repeat this procedure until I start getting good results.

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-03          58779

I am using the 60 degree nozzle the most. It is the least destructive but cleans well. Cleaned my 4410 with it, the trash cans, recycle bins, oil spots in the drive (made by the wife's Ford, the Cummins and Nissan are neat parkers) I plan to strip the loose paint from the house so I can paint. Also still need to clean the Sea Ray. Not going to be using it on windows, but I may experiment with low pressure. I agree, use the lowest pressure and widest angle nozzle possible and gradually work your way up. Real happy with mine so far. ....

View my Photos
plots1

2003-07-03          58791

I agree to to start with wide nozzle and work to narrower as needed. the narrow ones can do more damage than good if not careful. been happy with mine thusfar, between me and the wife we cleaned everything. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-03          58805

Kwschumm, That is also the rule a wise policeman follows.

Use the least amount of force.... ....

View my Photos
chuckles

2003-07-04          58819

Topic Starting a pressure washer:

I have the Home Depot Commercial grade 2700 washer with the crankshaft pump.

The starting instructions say to release the gun pressure after the first two pulls or you won't be able to spin the engine.

I have found that the only way to start it is to hold the trigger of the gun while pulling the starter cord, then it starts right up, no problem. ....

View my Photos
plots1

2003-07-04          58822

Chuckles, my xr2700 has to be started the same way. ....

View my Photos
chuckles

2003-07-04          58825

Plots,

Remember I had that problem with the pump filler plug on the X2750? Well I went back to the depot and they have about 8 or 9 returned XR2750 all with a completely different plug than I got with the two I returned, screws in perfectly, go figure! Must have been a plug that some line guy should have put on one of their smaller units.

One thing I am wondering is if I can substitute a 50 foot 3/8" hose for the 25 foot 5/16th that comes with it. The 25 foot extension at Depot is $49.99, and then I have that connection in the middle that can leak or snag on things. Does using 3/8" hose screw things up ?????

View my Photos
plots1

2003-07-04          58827

mine offerd an extension hose with a mail in offer for free. still waiting, and mine is the XR2750 not a 2700 ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-04          58830

chuckles, I would think the larger inside diameter hose may lower the spray pressure a bit but should work ok. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-07-17          59652

chuckles -

This is one of the luxuries of having an adjustable pressure washer pump pressure control valve. As operating parameters change, such as a larger i.d. hose, longer hose, different size nozzles, etc., one can adjust the PCV to offset the difference in output pressure, to the same operating pressure as if one was still using the smaller i.d. hose, nozzle, or longer/shorter length hose.

Willie H. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login