Go Bottom Go Bottom

Looking for a PTO driven Pull-type finish mower---help

View my Photos
KentuckyBlue
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-06          153481

Well I have looked everywhere---does anyone know of a company that sells a PTO driven, pull-type finish mower? I am looking in the 5-7 foot range. Thanks
(I have a tractor that has no 3 pt.)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-06          153485

Mowing generally needs some pretty sharp turns, and with a pull attachment, a connected PTO wouldn't allow that.

If the emphasis is on "finish," you could get a gang of 3 or 5 ground-driven reel mowers. If you mean ordinary lawn mower as opposed to a brush mower, there are many brands of pull rotary mowers with their own small gas engine. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-06          153486

Although as Auerbach mentioned, a PTO shaft won't like sharp turns, it can and is done.

But nobody makes one, you have to do (or have done) the conversion yourself.

There are two ways to do it, one is to make what is basically a tongue that hooks to the 3pth on the mower, and the draw bar on the tractor. The other way to do it is to make up a mount for the back of the tractor much like a 3pth, but without the lift.

Have you tried looking around for the parts to add the 3pth onto your machine? If it has the rockshafts in the diff. housing it's really easy to do.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-05-06          153489

Murf, if he had a 3 pth rear finishing mower, would he not only have to mount to the lift pins and not where the 3rd arm hitches. The mower will be riding on it's own wheels either way, right?

KB, it is my guess backing up would be a pain the way those wheels pivot (on the rear finishing mowers I have used or paid any attention to) if you only used a single pin pull set up. I believe when you went to back up it would run sideways on you if it has pivoting wheels. If your mower has wheels and bearings like mine running on a road eats them up. kt ....

View my Photos
Chief

2008-05-06          153507

Are you looking for something along the lines of this type of finish mower?

Have you considered a flail mower? They are kinda pricey but have there place in some applications.

Link:   Grooming Mowers

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login