Go Bottom Go Bottom

Suzue 150 Underbelly or 3point mower

View my Photos
Bunky
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-07          120557

I have an underbelly mower on my Tractor right now but I'm thinking of selling and Buying a pull behind??

What do others Prefer?? Why?

Also Flail or rotary blades?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-07          120564

The MMM is the best for cut, handling, triming and stability in my opinion. I would only want a pull behind if I was removing the MMM often.

In my case I store the MMM for the entire winter. Then try to get chores that require the MMM to be off done before or after mowing season. I can do some loader work with the MMM on but it is limited to delivered materials. And unfortunately on the B7610 once you widen the wheels on the rear as per Kubotas instructions, you can no longer pin the deck up so this disables use of 3PH implements with MMM. I would have to narrow the wheels which would reduce side hill stability for me which is important.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
Bunky

2005-12-07          120565

This might be a stupid Question But What is MMM??

is this a Brand?? ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-07          120566

MMM = Mid Mounted Mower or under belly mower. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-07          120568

It sounds like you may be asking whether a mid mounted mower or a 3 pt. hitch mounted rotary cutter cuts better? And of the rear mounted type cutters is the rotary cutter or flail mower better?

I would have to say that it depends upon the type of conditions you are cutting. If you are cutting thick brush with so small tree sapplings, potential rocks or other debry; I would say a good HD rotary cutter. The flail mower does not tolerate rocks or other debry very well and they are much more expensive than a rotary cutter. They can cut most grass and light brush and leave a better looking cut than a rotary cutter but not quite as good as a mid mounted mower MMM or rear finish mower RFM. ....

View my Photos
Bunky1267

2005-12-07          120570

Well to Start here I had to change me name a little so I could Register.

I'm wanting to mow my lawn with a mower, I have a MMM but I don't like the set up and it conflicts with my 3 point hitch arms.. ( they have to be spread and the chains can't hook where they need to, to keep the arms from hitting the tires) So i was thinking of a 3 point mower, My brother has a 4ft Woods finish mower and a buddy of mine has a 4ft flail mower..
I never seen a flail work so I didn't know how good of a job it would do... ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-12-07          120571

I have never used a MMM but have used the Rear mount a lot. The MMM cuts the grass before the rear wheels and most of the weight rolls over it. I would think the MMM has an advantage there. A rear mount mower is very easy (ones I have used) to hook and unhook.

I have used a flail mower one time on my yard. DID NOT LIKE IT. Could have been just that model/brand. But all the flail mowers I have seen with grass blades on them are bent at angle. So your grass is not flat across the top when cut. Mine looked like little rows of grass. Also the rear roller on all flail mowers I have seen (please I have not seen all there is in flail mowers) used to set your height affects your turning radius. I found my CUT front wheels slide more and tore the grass more than with the RFM on it's own wheels. Did not like the flail mower running on skids in my yard.
I do like a flail mower but not in my yard. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-12-07          120574

Bunky, in your case, a RFM will work and give you a good cut. In my opinion, the mower that will give you the best cut is one that is equipped with as many floatation wheels/rollers as possible and has the higher blade tip speed. Woods and Land Pride make very good RFM's althought a bit pricey. The draw backs to a RFM is that it adds to the length of the tractor and makes turns and operations in tight place much more difficult although is does make it easier to gut up under trees and shrubs by backing the mower under. Trimming around trees, flower beds, fences, etc. is more difficult with the RFM. I think in your case, the question you will have to mull over is whether swaping from a MMM to a RFM is worth the considerable cost. If you can sell the MMM at a decent price and perhaps find a good condition used RFM, you might come out OK. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-12-08          120684

I have 2 tractors. One with a 6' belly mower and one with a 7' 3 point rear mount mower.
Personally I prefer the RFM (rear finish mower).
Cheaper to buy, easier/faster to remove/install and in my opinion quieter to operate with the mower running behind you vs under you.
My opinion.. ....

View my Photos
Bunky1267

2005-12-08          120685

I Think i'm gonna change over to a RFM also I'm not impressed with this MMM and it interferes with my 3 point arms...

Does anyone know what brand mower this might be?? ....

Picture Link
Mowers Field and Finish Suzue 150 Underbelly or  3point mower

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-12-08          120687

Bunky1267; Just wondered if your picture got reversed or if your mower is truly a left hand discharge. To answer your question on brand, I don't know what the brand is, but I've never saw a left hand discharge. I've used a 7 ft. Land pride RFM for several seasons. It does a nice job, but not quite the quality of cut of a dedicated rider with MMM. My main use is for road ditches where sometimes you hit objects that a rider mower is'nt able to handle or the rougher terain. The ease of using the quick coupler on the 3pt. and the much easier servicing are my main reasons for liking it over a MMM. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Bunky1267

2005-12-08          120688

The MMMis Truly a Left hand Discharge... I thouhgt that was odd myself ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-12-08          120690

Can't help with the brand of mower you have. No idea.
But as far as mowers with left hand discharge, King Kutter side discharge rear finish mowers are left hand discharge.
I recently replaced my 6' King Kutter side dicharge RFM with a 7' rear discharge First Choice RFM.
Haven't used my new mower yet (no grass here now/only snow), but it is a nice looking well built unit. ....

View my Photos
TractorsRC

2005-12-08          120694

My old case 446 had a left discharge.... ....

View my Photos
Bunky1267

2005-12-12          120885

I Found out todat from the Prev. owner that it's a Marvel Mower, Does anyone have any information on these mowers?? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login