Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hummer Sales Tank - Demise nears

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-31          161566

We used to see quite a few Hummers around here. My 13 year old loved them. I explained to him that in reality that fancy Yellow Hummer was just a GM Cheverolet Suburban jazzed up in a fancy suit ( I used Clown Suit .. I am trying to be considerate to any current owners).

So the bottom line was that the Hummer was hig on cool, low on practical for the Soccer moms that drove them to the Mall!

By the way the up until 2007 I was guilty of the same Oversize issue having my Petite wife drive a Toyota Tundra, with only groceries as the payload :(

How times change.

Hmmmm how about a hybrid Hummer? LOL

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-31          161577

This gets even funnier. Big market for Hummers is not Hollywood, California. Nope turns out Hummers are super popular in ______?

Yup you know that country where we spent billions...?

"BAGHDAD — Ali al-Hilli is a happy man. He has a wife and three kids, a prosperous business and — this is the important part — a Hummer in his driveway.

Canary yellow is one of the favorite colors for Hummers at Ali al-Hilli’s dealership in Baghdad. “Iraqis love them,” he said.

In a country with at least 20,000 Humvees and a war-weary population, who would think there would be a market for the civilian version?

Mr. Hilli did. “I just knew there’d be a huge demand for this in Baghdad,” he said. Now Mr. Hilli and his brother Dhafir run a car dealership specializing in Hummers. It is called, in English, “Al Sultan for Trading Cars. [New York Times]”

Picture Link
Autos SUV Trucks Hummer Sales Tank - Demise nears

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-03-31          161578

Our son who drove genuine HumVee's in the service got a kick out of some friends who were bragging to him how their new Hummer was the same as the real thing. The advertising industry is one of the most powerfull in the country, they have ways of convincing people to buy things that they don't need or are completely impractical. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login