Go Bottom Go Bottom

A Hunter s Tale

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-13          175116

A hunter and his friend were sitting in a tall tower stand near Highway 7 early one cold December morning. Suddenly, a huge buck walked out over the corn they had spread in the low shrubs. The buck was magnificent, a once in a lifetime animal. His rack was huge. The hunter's hand shook as his mind was already counting the Boone and Crockett points. Moving quickly, the hunter carefully aimed the Leopold scope on his .300 Win Mag at the unsuspecting buck.

As he was about to squeeze the trigger on this deer of a lifetime, his friend alerted him to a funeral procession passing slowly down Highway 7. The hunter pulled away from the gun-stock, set the rifle down, took off his hat, bowed his head and then closed his eyes in prayer.

His friend was stunned, "Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen you do. You actually let that trophy deer go to pay respects to a passing funeral procession. You are indeed the kindest man I have ever known, and I feel lucky to call you a friend. "

The hunter shrugged. "Yeah, well, we were married for 37 years."

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

A Hunter s Tale

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-13          175122

How long have you been married......:) ....

A Hunter s Tale

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-11-14          175127

I count backwards to what year car I had. ....

A Hunter s Tale

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-11-14          175131

Reminds of Gramps and my older cousin many years ago. Gramps got a real scolding when he got back from a week's supposed "dear hunting" (turned out to be two-legged dear). The day after he left Grandma found all his hunting gear in the closet! And cuz could not believe he brought him along as a (failed) alibi. True story.

DOH! ....

A Hunter s Tale

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-11-14          175133

We had a good old neighbor, RIP, who went to Minnesota every summer "Fishing" with a bunch of drinkin buddies. I don't think he owned a fishing pole, they bought some fish on the way home. As much as that man drank it is hard to believe he missed a curve with his Dodge Royal Lancer and died in a car crash, stone sober.
Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login