Go Bottom Go Bottom

I did something wrong Sorry

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-21          163524

For some reason I've been getting lots of E-Mail garbage telling me I've won free stuff, I learned a while back not to responsd there is always a catch.
Anyhow this morning there was a list telling me I'd won 250.00 worth of Starbucks coffee, 500 dollars worth of Pepsi, and more similar trash so I just go down the list reporting spam. In the middle of the list was a Tractor Point message that I spamed by accident so if I messed something up I apologize. Frank.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-21          163525

Frank, how much spam do you get? Most internet providers have pretty good spam filtering these days. I receive maybe one spam message a month that gets by their filters. Of course the message quarantine has to be checked every day but I can't remember the last time a valid message was trapped as spam. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-06-21          163526

KW; A month or so ago I was dumb enough to open an
E-Mail saying I had won something, well of course it was just a gimick to sell me something I didn't need. Every since I've been flooded with garbage E-Mails saying I'm a grand prize winner of something, so I just click the spam botton.
I need to get one of computer litterate sons out here to get things straightened out for me. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-21          163527

Franky on the bright side you didn't do what my former helper did. He and his now former wife are 22. Instaed of paying bills without telling his then wife he sent their last $1000 to a Nigerian Lottery with the expectation of getting a million back.

Him doing that was the last nail in his marital coffin so to speak. She stopped him just before he was about to send another $1000 from a cash advance on a credit card. I've known this kid since he was 10 and thought he was way smarter than that. DOH! ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-06-22          163544

Ken, my IP company uses Barracuda and it is not that great. It often catches valid emails and allows plenty like Frank was talking about. I can click on "whitelist" all I want to and it will stop the same valid address sending again. They don't provide a same list option for spam which makes no sense to me. It might be the way they have it set up but to me it is not good.

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-06-22          163545

So far this morning I spammed free a fifty something inch plasma TV, wonder if there was catch somewhere in this deal? HUMM.
Now if they would just give me a lifetime supply of Miller Genuine Draft and some chips, I'd be all set to watch the Cubs blow it again. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2009-06-22          163547

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwood | view 163545
Now if they would just give me a lifetime supply of Miller Genuine Draft and some chips, I'd be all set to watch the Cubs blow it again.

At least it hasn't affected your good judgement or sense of humour yet. LOL

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login