Go Bottom Go Bottom

Wow This global warming is kicking our butts here

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-20          158739

Yep, it got cold early, snowed early and just has not quit since prior to Thanksgiving week. It must be due to global warming huh ;) We had one day a week ago that warmed enough for me to power wash my mowing equipment without it freezing up.

This week's storm started Friday morning, many areas of the state were declared in a state of emergency by late afternoon. I opened up the driveway with the Kubota last night so the wife could get in, fortunately she was able to leave a couple of hours earlier for the 70 mile trek home.

Today, it was so packed and heavy that I fired up the backhoe and used the loader to clear the drive and barnyard. Unfortunately, the base is not yet firm enough on the stone driveway to use the blower.

Wife just told me we have another one on the way tonight! This can't be, I mean, global warming and all :)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-20          158740

This is funny. I started a post about this very thing a couple of days ago and then canceled it.

We've had more snow this calendar year than in any of the last 10, probably six feet or more. Several feet have fallen in the last week and there is no end in sight. My loader is getting a workout trying to keep the driveway passable, but it's sort of pointless since they're not plowing the main road. We can't get down the hill, there is ice everywhere.

It's funny, the Global Warming zealots claim that cold weather is a sign of global warming. They must have all outsourced their brains. By adding complexity to the warming theory it can be twisted into defying common sense, but Occam's Razor says that the simplest theory is generally the correct one - and the simplest explanation is that weather is cyclical. But nooooooo - the all powerful humanists must be in control of everything so it must be made complex that our primitive minds cannot understand.

The easiest way to piss off my liberal inlaws is to tell them how many feet of "global warming" I had to plow so far this year :) ....

View my Photos
cutter

2008-12-20          158741

Amazing that so many can be confounded by so few, so often.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-12-20          158742

We're socked in with a blizzard as I type this, where is Al Gore when we need him? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-12-20          158743

Franky, where's Al Gore? He's shovelling his driveway. Ha! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-12-20          158744

If there was ever any doubt that "global warming" was simply a tool for grabbing power it should have disappeared when they changed the terminology to "climate change". The climate is *always* changing, and by propagating the myth that any change is human caused they try to manipulate everyone through guilt. This is so transparent that anyone *should* be able to see through it, but way too many people have outsourced their thinking to so-called "experts".

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2008-12-21          158747

Common on guys don't worry about thinking for your self. I've been told that President Obama, VP Joe B., Harry R. and Nancy P. will take care of everything. I assume that includes global warming, climate change, financial crisis, recession and all our other problems. Why with these people running the country I am sure I will sleep like a baby tonight. ....

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2008-12-21          158748

Common on guys don't worry about thinking for yourself. I've been told that President Obama, VP Joe B., Harry R. and Nancy P. will take care of everything. I assume that includes global warming, climate change, financial crisis, recession and all our other problems. Why with these people running the country I am sure I will sleep like a baby tonight. ....

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2008-12-21          158749

Common on guys don't worry about thinking for yourself. I've been told that President Obama, VP Joe B., Harry R. and Nancy P. will take care of everything. I assume that includes global warming, climate change, financial crisis, recession and all our other problems. Why with these people running the country I am sure I will sleep like a baby tonight. ....

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2008-12-21          158750

View my Photos
dkheckmanl

2008-12-21          158751

Sorry about the repeat. Could not get it to post at first. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-12-21          158752

No problem.

You could delete the repeated messages, but moderators can't, so I'd help out if I could :)

And your sentiments are right on the money. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-12-21          158753

Hey Guys and Gals,

Global Warming is REAL. Just this morning, the temperature here went from -15 to -8......an increase of 7 degrees. hehehe.

The cold weather is going to set in tomorrow, when it will get down to about -25. That will put an official end to Global Warming, as I know it.

Burn some coal, old tires, logs, tennis shoes.... whatever it takes to make the earth warm up a bit.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Joel ....

View my Photos
harvey

2008-12-21          158754

Watched a clip the other day with a REAL WHACK JOB EXPERT FROM GREENPEACE. Yes it is for real these cold temp's and snow are a result of global warming.

I glad these guys are soooooooooo smart! I a dumb country boy. What I can't figure out is: We've been warming for the last 15,000 years ever since the last ice age. I wonder what man has done for the 14,500 preceeding the industrial ages of man to cause this?

Maybe it was Flatuant dinasors? What about flatuant whales? Now they wanna tax farmers for cows. IT WILL NEVER END WITH THOSE WHACK JOBS. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-12-21          158759

It's a serious economic problem. Don't you know about the hookers losing their houses? (They won't even take their coats off.) ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-12-21          158762

If they ever hold a Wacko convention I have a relative they will elect king, he eats up all the BS like it's free lunch at a Hobo picnic. Seriously we do need to clean up our act a bit, but these extreme Wackos usually aren't old enough to have saw what we've already done to clean up before they were born. The sad part of it is that most of these extremests are from wealthy familys and don't have to work for a living, so why not protest something even if they don't have a clue about what they are protesting. A prime example is whom ever got it into law that a horse cannot be slauightered even for pet food must think that letting them wander to either be hit by trains, trucks, or starve to death is more humane. Go figgure???? Frank. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-12-22          158781

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkheckmanl | view 158751
Sorry about the repeat. Could not get it to post at first.

It may need to be posted over and over and over to get people to realize what they have placed their faith in. A week after the election there were people asking a local bank was their check deposited yet. This was no on the news but was told by the employees, so I trust it. Just wonder who they voted for? :-( It does concern me when they realize they were lied to from the first change promise. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login