YouTractor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-12-04          158360

Spam, cut by Cutter.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-04          158376

(In the voice of Homer Simpson) Mmmmmm! I LOVE SPAM!! ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
YouTractor

2008-12-04          158377

I thought the site would be of interest to people here. Did not mean it to be spam . ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-04          158378

No problem. There have been a number of links to other sites posted by new members, so stick around, join the conversation and let us get to know you. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-12-05          158402

YouTractor, with that name you have to stick around. Like it. EW, like spam also, fried is right good. ALso chopped up in eggs. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-12-05          158406

Kenny, how does the Spam pieces get in the eggs? Those must be Mason-Dixon eggs, eh? ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-12-06          158423

"Spam", how and why did undesireable internet things get called "Spam"? My Mother used to fry up that stuff whem I was a kid, I don't remember it as being anything bad, and don't the makers of it find the slang as being offensive? Why not the term "Garbage" or something even more smelly, it woulde be hard to offend garbage or "Animal Waste", they can't talk back or file suit. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
cutter

2008-12-06          158424

There is a history to it, goes back to to some geeks doing testing and constantly typing the word SPAM and sending it through every two seconds. Or something like that. The company that makes SPAM probably appreciates the free advertising.

Ah yes, I fondly remember those fried spam treats :) ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
DRankin

2008-12-06          158430

Did you ever read the Spam label? Not the current one, but the one from the 50's and 60's?

I always worried that they didn't get all the pig snot out of his snout before they put it in the grinder. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
cutter

2008-12-06          158431

Never read labels back then, just trusted mom. She must have checked on the pig snouts right? ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
DRankin

2008-12-06          158434

Both of my parents grew up during the depression and during the shortages of WW II.

They were used to eating every part of the animal considered edible.

Even if she had read the label, I doubt that Mom would have hesitated one second over the whole snout thing. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
cutter

2008-12-06          158435

Mine made carcass soup until the day she died a few years ago. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
YouTractor

2008-12-06          158436

Yes indeed, sounds lovely... ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
Murf

2008-12-08          158462

I come from a split household. My father was raised on a farm, what depression, what food shortage during the war? My mother grew up in the city, ate what was available, nothing more.

Spam was a favourite in my Mom's family, I still love a grilled cheese sandwich made with real old cheddar cheese and then fried Spam stuck in there too!! Now that's good eating! :)

I doubt my doctor would agree though. :(

Best of luck. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-12-08          158467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 158462
I come from a split household. My father was raised on a farm, what depression, what food shortage during the war? My mother grew up in the city, ate what was available, nothing more.Spam was a favourite in my Mom's family, I still love a grilled cheese sandwich made with real old cheddar cheese and then fried Spam stuck in there too!! Now that's good eating! :)I doubt my doctor would agree though. :(Best of luck.

You might need to change docs. Guess you could put lettuce and tomato on it.

Murf, it is my understanding The Depression was not as severe in Canada as it was in the USA. Understand that some US companies or organizations at least moved to Canada temporary due to how much better Canada's economy was. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
cutter

2008-12-08          158470

Funny, I was just thinking about buying a place in Gananoque. Downtown has fallen to the same fate as so many downtowns but the place has sooo much charm. Many, many, many brews have been consumed by self in that town, in fact I had numerous discussions with a mounted fish at the Musky lounge. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-12-09          158475

Our daughter took a group of grade school kids to the Spam museum in Austin Minn., she said it's worth seeing. They have a couple Spam mobiles that are motorhomes that look like a giant Spam can that roam the country doing parades and such giving away Spam. I haven't seen the Oscar Meyer "Weinermobile" lately, someone said thay have a big tandem axle diesel winermobile now. If we hadn't had an ice storm overnight I'd go to the store for a can of spam, you guys are making me hungry. ....

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
cutter

2008-12-09          158477

A nice Spam roast sounds great!

Picture Link
Just For Fun Off Topic Spam  -- the eating kind

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
Justus

2008-12-11          158513

Not to get off the subject (That got off the subject that never was) but, Cutter, as a young lad I would go to Canada with my Grandparents every summer. We'd usually go around the 4th of July. We'd stay at various places on the Rideau Lakes. I remember going to Gananoque a few times but, not being of drinking age, nothing stands out in my memory. The town I remember most however is Westport. It had a mom and pop soda fountain type of place and we'd have ice cream there. The name of the store was Bennet's. Lots of fishing, lots of good memories. One other thing; when we were about to come home we would stop at a cheese factory right near the Rideaus. It was just a wooden building with a loading dock located on a dirt raod. I can still smell the aroma of the cheese and it tasted wonderful. I've tried to do web searches for cheese factories in that area but nothing familiar jumps out at me. I suppose it's long gone. Sorry to jump from spam to cheese and memories of Canada beginning 50 years ago but, hey, it's your fault :-). Steve

Spam -- the eating kind

View my Photos
cutter

2008-12-11          158516

It's not off topic, you will notice the spam and cheese in picture above!

I too have many fond memories of the island area, fished there from the time I was ten. Was rowing my way around until I was about twelve at which time I acquired an old Merc (very old) to pin on the transom. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login