Go Bottom Go Bottom

This is ridiculous - snow in April

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-18          153105

It's April 18th and we're getting snow in the hills of NW Oregon, even periodic whiteout conditions. This has been the longest, coldest, snowiest winter in the 20 years we've been here.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-18          153106

KW, I'm about 20 miles SW of Detroit. Just 5 years ago we had snow flurries on June 3.

My grandmother told me when she was a child in Detroit in the early to mid 192o's they had snow in July. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-04-18          153107

EW, I hear ya. It seems like a least a month beyond the latest it's snowed here. I'm getting antsy and want to get out and work! ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-04-18          153108

If it's any consolation, I was raised in south central Minnesota. The 11th of May 1966 was my 18th birthday. It snowed.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
bvance

2008-04-19          153113

Ken,

I'm north of you a couple of hours in Olympia and got up to white ground and snowing. We live on Puget Sound at sea level and still got snow on April 19th. Enough already!

And I had plans to get a lot of work done on my tractor today...oh well, another day.

Brian ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-04-19          153114

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvance | view 153113
Ken,I'm north of you a couple of hours in Olympia and got up to white ground and snowing.We live on Puget Sound at sea level and still got snow on April 19th.Enough already!And I had plans to get a lot of work done on my tractor today...oh well, another day.Brian

I was planning to do the layout and begin excavation for a series of terraced retaining walls needed to stop erosion on the north and south sides of the house and also to clean up trees that were downed over the winter. Oh well, maybe next weekend. At least the snow covered trees are pretty to look at. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-19          153116

The record snowfalls have finally all melted away here in NE Iowa, but now it has been raining, raining, raining. Some river and small stream flooding, fields are soggy wet. Corn planting normaly begins april 20-25 so the farmers are getting nervous. Most all the high producing land is now pattern tiled for drainage, so a week of good weather would turn things around in a hurry. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-04-21          153144

Huh, that really sucks, it was in the low 80's all weekend way up north here in Cannuckistan. LOL

Sorry, but it's so seldom I can say we had good weather AND it was a weekend!!

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-04-21          153146

I'm envious. Here it snowed on and off all weekend and was snowing again this morning. At first the ground temp was warm so it wasn't sticking much on the driveway but it went down to the high 20's overnight so now there's some ice. Last weekend was in the 70's so there was hope winter was over but no such luck.

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-24          153223

No snow here but i did see the first snake of the summer season yeaterday. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-04-24          153225

We received 5 inches of snow overnight. It's April 24th, so this is to be expected this far North.

Last year we got three inches on Memorial Day weekend. I hope that doesn't happen again this year.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login