Go Bottom Go Bottom

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-04-19          141385

I relocated the trash incinerating device and repositioned the poker holder.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-19          141386

I optimized a USB 1.1 client driver I wrote to increase throughput from 1000 packets/second to 4500 packets/second while simultaneously reducing cpu consumption from 55% to 4%. A rare good day at work for me. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-20          141393

I bush hogged around the chicken houses and some how knocked a hole in the suction side hydraulic filter :-( ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-04-20          141398

I watered the flower beds, and the garden (peas, beans, tomatos, peppers) oh yea I almost forgot I got an ICBM submarine under way. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-04-20          141400

An ICBM submarine? Very cool. I can think of a few places I'd like to send some of those, and not all of them are outside the USA. :) ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2007-04-21          141406

KW,

We send them to as many places as we can, and alot of the locations are in the USA. We have one in IOWA. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-04-25          141539

Got a little seat time on the CC2554 and the BX23 ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
Iowafun

2007-04-27          141592

I continued to fill out Excel spreadhseets and Word documents like the good paperwork bitch I have become. I was reasonably polite the SOB project manager. I ate my lunch.

Sigh... ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-04-27          141593

Mayo Clinic says I can't even go out of the house till May 29th. so my foot will heal. I enjoy watching the Mrs. mow the lawn. Our mower doesn't need blades, she mows so often that her tires just push the grass back down, then it grows a quarter inch, then she pushes it down again. The folks from PETA may come by and tell her that the misquitos don't have a place to live. Frank. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-05-04          141792

1* Tutored my wife on operating the BX23 FEL.
She didn't do bad for a first timer.
Kinda slow but still faster than a shovel. Can't brag on her though cause it don't take to much to beat a shovel .LOL
Told her I was glad I wasn't paying her $40 an hour for moving dirt.

2* Finished back filling over the 60 foot of 6'' drain pipe then planted grass seed and covered with straw.

3* Mowed the back one-third of my property that I grubbed off winter before last.
This is the first time in 25 or 30 years this piece of my land has been cleared off and mowed off at the same time. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-05-04          141793

Am I the only one on here that did anything today ? ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
Iowafun

2007-05-05          141806

I installed my new range in the kitchen. Rained this morning so no mowing of the grass yet. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
Billy

2007-05-05          141808

Got up at 5:30 this morning and walk about 1/2 of a mile through chicken houses. Came back to the house and had a few cups of coffee, watch a little TV and bout took a nap. Then went back and adjusted the feed and water lines. Got the mail and weeped over the electric bills and here I am. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-05-05          141809

Watchin the CCCUUUBBB'SS "CRUSH" the Nationals. No favoritism shown here. Frank. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-05-14          142092

I placed my 625 gallon water tank on my flatbed tandem trailer, and then filled it with water from the creek in my back yard, using a little two-stroke water pump. That little water pump is the slickest thing since sliced bread. Using a garden hose, 100 feet long, I was able to fill that huge tank in just over an hour. Sure beats hauling around one of those huge 3-5 horse water pumps.

I now have water for the garden that will last me all summer. And of course, today it rained nealy an inch, which means I won't need any water for a very long time. Had I not put the tank on the trailer, we would have suffered from a summer-long drought. That's gardening! hehehe.

Have a great day, folks.

Joel ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-05-15          142117

I placed my 625 gallon water tank on my flatbed tandem trailer, and then filled it with water from the creek in my back yard, using a little two-stroke water pump.
candoarms
++++++++++
I could do the same thing.
The only thing I don't have is the tank a trailer a water pump and the creek.
~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.hubcapcafe.com/i/2001/storycty/chev6001.JPG 60 Chevy Convertible front
http://www.hubcapcafe.com/i/2001/storycty/chev6001a.JPG rear view
http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook/files/kamp50.jpg 1950 Chevy green
http://www.hubcapcafe.com/i/2003/msra2003/chev5001.jpg 50 chevy blue
http://www.jenningsequipment.com/storepics/ksBX22.jpg BX23
http://www.dot.state.oh.us/dist8/planning/images/bridge2.jpg Bridge

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
Murf

2007-05-15          142119

Maybe I'm being a little over-analytical here, but....

"I placed my 625 gallon water tank on my flatbed tandem trailer, and then filled it with water from the creek..."

"Sure beats hauling around one of those huge 3-5 horse water pumps."

Water weighs 8.35 pounds per gallon, 625 gallons therefore weighs 5,218.75 pounds.

A 4hp 2" water pump weighs about 60 pounds, a small 1" 2 stroke water pump weighs 15 pounds.

5,200+ pounds of water kind of puts an extra 45 pounds of pump into perspective.

If 45 pounds is an issue whay not just leave it on the trailer?

Best of luck.

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-05-15          142124

Mrf, let me guess he can not get the trailer close enough to the creek for the suction hose. Thus the need for the 100 foot hose.

I have worked hard at insurance. Made no money that I know of but pumped over 625 gallons of water on three fires. ;) No it did not rain because of that. Need to wash computer I guess then it would rain. kt

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-05-16          142138

Murf,

KtThompson is correct.

My heavy trailer would simply sink into the mud, if I even thought about getting it close to the creek.

I leave the trailer and tank way up on high ground, and then pump the water up to it from the creek below. Of course, I then have to haul the gas powered water pump down to the creek. It is at this time that my little water pump comes in right handy, as it weighs in at only 11 pounds.

The hardest part is removing all the ticks that I collect on myself after walking through the pasture. Dang things are thick this year.

Have a great day.

Joel ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-05-16          142139

candarms; I have no idea what the effect would be on the plants you are going to water, but if you don't put a quart of Hilex in the tank with the water you will have the silmyest, stringest mess of alge in your tank in a few days you aeve saw. Been there done that with sprayer nurse tanks. Frank. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-05-16          142140

lbrown59

+++++++++++++

"I could do the same thing.
The only thing I don't have is the tank a trailer a water pump and the creek."

+++++++++++++

Hehehe. My grandfather used to say, "I could have ham and eggs, if I had some ham and some eggs.

After years of struggling with a way to water my garden, I finally decided to buy a trailer. I picked it up at a local farm auction for 130 dollars. Of course, the tires were shot, so I had to replace them. I then needed a water pump, which I had to purchase at retail. The water tank was another problem. They aren't cheap either. However, I was able to pick one up at another local auction for only 125 dollars.

The good thing about buying the trailer and tires, was that I was then able to go get my little Kubota tractor after I decided to buy it. That trailer is going to come in handy for many things, such as when my tractor breaks down and needs major repairs! That's life.

Life could be so much easier, if only I didn't have a desire to inflict so much pain on myself, by taking up gardening. hehehe.

Joel

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
cutter

2007-05-16          142141

Need to go out to the barn and finish preparation for the boat launch on Friday. I worked late last night, arrived home from a training seminar and then did all the associated computer work so I did not need to mess with it today. But here I sit on the computer, must be a sickness.

Pouring rain now so there goes the jog around the block :( ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-05-16          142142

Hardwood,

I thought about the green slime I'd eventually have, when I filled the tank. Since I won't be using this tank for any other purpose, the green slime won't cause me any grief.

Not sure if I want to add any clorine bleach to my garden water. I suppose it wouldn't hurt, provided I don't put in too much, but I prefer to use nature's water.

Green water is far better than having no water at all.

Joel

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-05-16          142145

Cutter,

Please check the email address you have in your profile on TP as message alerts are bouncing back to me.

Dennis ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
crunch

2007-05-16          142150

My son used the backhoe to dig up an area that was sinking from stumps having been buried there. We will dig it all up, dump some old cinder blocks and stones in the hole, then cover back up with the top soil and relevel the area. My son is much neater that I would be with the excavation. I am impressed but always nervous about safety. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
Murf

2007-05-17          142162

One word of caution about using old cinder blocks as back-fill.

If you don't mash them up first, the holes in them will not fill with soil right away, so as time goes on, and the soil naturally flows into the cavities, the soil in that area will still settle and sink.

Either using a sledge hammer, easier work than you think, or the B/H, smash the blocks into pieces, THEN put them in the hole.

Best of luck. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
crunch

2007-05-17          142181

Murf, these cinder blocks had their holes filled with concrete. The previous owners of my house had used them for a base to build decking on around the pool - bad idea! Everything eventually heaved and I pulled it all up and replaced with bluestone. So these blocks are just an eye sore now and solid concrete. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
crunch

2007-05-18          142202

The hole my son is digging with the backhoe is getting very big. Now I have to find a place to get rid of the stumps he is digging up. I am enjoying watching his progess. He is a much neater tractor operator than I am. He is stacking the dirt in a huge neat pile and he is leveling up around the hole so that he can get the backhoe back in safely. I have to show him how to grease everything up tomorrow. I have never seen my tractor so full of dust. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-05-20          142242

My Wife and I went to a friends birthday party today.
She just turned 80 today ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-05-20          142269

Finished blocking and leveling the storage building that I moved. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
crunch

2007-05-20          142270

My son taught me how to use my own tractor today. He showed me how to drive into a pile of large rocks and get that bucket full! ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
s chrand

2007-05-21          142286

OK Crunch... I'll bite. How do you fill the bucket with large rocks? ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-22          142363

Doh! I got in a hurry today and decided to unhitch the fully loaded dump trailer the lazy way: unlock the hitch and raise the bed so that weight shifts to the back and so unhitches the truck from the trailer. I even chcoked the wheels (well okay, one wheel). The load of broken concrete went up---then unexpectedly slid out the bed raised the front axle of thrailer up and clean over the chock and reared up lauching the hitch forward at 45 degeee angle---and clear through the tailgate. This being the SECOND time I've done this I would have learned by now buuuuut nooooo!
This is when I wish I had employees to blame this on. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
crunch

2007-05-22          142368

s_chrand, this may not have been the best for the bucket - but my son approached the rock with the bucket tipped down below level, pushed into the pile, then curled the bucket up so the rock was caught on the upswing. This didn't always work - but did fill the bucket a few times.

EW - Geez, I am trying to analyze this tragedy. I assume your "tail"gate was damaged due to this amazing incident. You must have that getting old disease (CRS). KT would never have let this happen. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-05-23          142373

EW; I don't have a goose neck trailer anymore, but somehow I got away without a "U" shaped tailgate. A friend did that on a new pickup, perhaps a "Malox Moment". ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-05-23          142376

Crunch, thank you.

EW, I was told years ago, better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Then others say confession is good for the soul.

Get yourself a dog to ride in the pickup. That is why there is a dimple in my tailgate. Have you thought about one of those net type tailgates? Seriously did laugh first but sorry for your loss. Glad it was no worse. Please do post pictures soley for education reasons you understand. :) kt

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-23          142405

Kenny, I will post some pix ---jis' fer you buddy.

What does a dog in the truck have to do with this, hmmm?

Speaking of a dog in the truck---the other day while waiting a week to have the Dodge repaired, I had a rental '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee. My neighbor who owns a restaurant came home with an industrial-sized portion of handmade cherry cheesecake. Yummmmm. So the kids put it in the Jeep. The door was open so the kids left it open. Minutes later his dog ate it making a freakin' mess inside. Me and the dog aren't the best o' friends right now. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-05-26          142467

Earthworks,

Sorry for sharing my awful luck with you, but I hate to hoard it all to myself.

I just finished pumping all of the excess water out of my garden, which I have not yet been able to plant, due to heavy rainfall. Garden was almost dry, and now we're getting rain again. 3.5 inches last week must not have been enough, so somebody put in an order for an additional 3 inches.

Thinking about trading off my Kubota tractor for a boat, but with my luck we'll then end up with 20 years of drought.

I'm thinking about going into the bait business. Millions of worms now crawling about looking for dry ground. They have a long crawl ahead of them.

I hear cranberries float. Maybe if I fill my house with cranberries, I won't have to worry about any flooding. Just hope that my house doesn't land on yours as it floats away. If you have a new neighbor tomorrow, you'll know who it is.

Nearly 7 inches of rain in less than a week, in a place so flat that I can see company coming from three days off. Needless to say, the whole country looks like a lake around here, even though the lake is only a few inches deep. There is no high ground. The highest place to seek refuge from the water is the railroad track.

Installing internet connection on my canoe in the morning.

Joel ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-26          142471

Joel just remember that only good cranberries float.

(Hey buddy--piss piss--over here. Have I got a deal for you! I got a load of so-so cranberries---CHEAP!) ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-05-26          142472

Earthwrks,

Woke up this morning only to find that I'm going to have to switch everything over from mowing and tilling, to snow removal implements.

Currently have about 2 inches of snow on the ground, and it's coming down HARD.

Lake in garden now is full of snowy slush.

Thinking about going into the fast food business, making slushies for the kids, even though I face strong competition in the area.

Not sure what to do at this point. I think I'll wait a day before making any serious business decisions.

INCREDIBLE! And with winter coming again in September, it's going to be a very short summer around here. As if our summers aren't short enough already.

North Dakota is a hoot.

Joel ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-05-26          142473

Norht Dakota has always been No. 4 on my list of favorite states. Iowa of course being No.1, Wisconsin being No.2, then Minnesota, North Dakota, and Kansas round out the top five. Any other state in the union I would rate as being 99.5% as great as any of the top five. Enjoy where you live. Frank.
P.S. 90% of my travels in North Dakota have been in July, maybe a January visit would affect my ratings score. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-05-26          142477

Frank,

I've lived in North Dakota most of my life. I was born here, and only left for a few years while I served in the Army. I came back, because I've lived in a lot of different places, and none of them compare to the peace and quite; the lack of crime; the clean air and water; or the deserted fishing ramps we have here.

I'm surprised that you give North Dakota such a high rating. July is prime mosquito month in North Dakota. A trip up here in January would definitely change your rating of the place. However, when I factor in all of the other issues, such as those I listed above (in addition to land prices, taxes, government, etc.) I can't find another State that comes close to providing the quality of life I enjoy here.

We all complain about something. We have to. It's part of being human. However, I don't complain much. I don't have much to complain about.

Ventured out into the snow (nearly slipped and fell on the ice that's on my steps) to set up my water pump in my "water collection facility"also known as my garden. Pumping water at a rate of about 1500 gallons per hour. Should have the garden pumped out in a day or three, provided my pump doesn't freeze and break, or we don't get any more rain. hehehe. (wishful thinking on my part.)

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend, my friend.

Joel ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-05-26          142495

Ahhhh yes living in da nort!I think it was Murf who said "it's like 6 months of good sledding and...6 months of not-so-good sledding". Beats the heat and humdidity of da sout. 'least I can breathe here. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
crunch

2007-05-30          142614

My wife has become good friends with a neighbor who gave her 10 climbing rose bushes. What do we do with them since we have no more space to plant on 2 acres? Install two sections of split rail fence according to my wife! So off I go to the local lumber place and purchase and install the fence. The backhoe digs the holes but the cleanup and installation with concrete still takes lots of manual work. No rest for me. 550 hours on my JD4310 on only 2 acres. And there is lots more work for my JD. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2007-06-01          142667

Things have been pretty hecktic around here also. Since I am the only person in the house still working, I seem to have fell in love with over time. Got 2 days off over Mem. holiday (which I spent half the time at the hospital, and had two days off to pick up the kid at college. Other than taht worked every day since Easter week. Get home today and find pollen over every thing you can see. This is the Yellow crap that stains everything it touches! I spent the few hours of daylight before the storms came in to put some soap to the old ford tractor and the chevy's in the drive.
Sunday (yes the day I had off) I spent towing one of my vans home on the car trailer. My son had a brake line blow on him on the highway that morning. A single pot too. He managed to catch it before traffic jammed up and in on him. He got her off to the side and out of the way with no damage to our or any other vehical. Hmmm, I spent Sunday splicing into a brake line (only part that was rusted was right behind the front wheel????) the rest was like new?
Oh, then I got to head back to the local hospital again! Feeling like I need to move soon! Way to much/many bad vibes around here! ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-06-11          142868

Went to an 80th birthday party.
The 3rd one in 3 weeks.
Got about a mile from the party and my Dodge D50 started making a funny noise.
Looked down and the temperature gauge was reading way up on hot almost to the red zone.
Pulled over and checked under the hood.
No broken fan belts or busted water hoses.
No water leaks.
Figured the Thermostat must have stuck shut.
Wife called the party hostess on our cell phone and someone from the party came and took us on to the party.
Hung around at the party for a couple of hours Then the people who came and picked us up took us to AutoZone where I got a new thermostat and a gasket for it.
We went back to the truck and installed it and filled the radiator back up.
Fired the truck up and drove it home without incident.
Works a lot better without a stuck thermostat. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-06-17          142998

We went to an old car show down town.
These 4 cars really caught our eyes.

1950 Chevy
Black 1960 Chevy Impala.

1973 Mustang convertible purchased new in 1973 by A girl I grew up with and have known all my life. I probably hadn't seen this car for over 25 years.Didn't even know if she still had it until a few months ago.
Mercury Cougar that was owned by her dad many years ago. Don't know who owns it now.

http://www.hubcapcafe.com/i/2001/storycty/chev6001a.JPG
http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook/files/kamp50.jpg

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-07-29          144173

PLANTED Grass ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-09-13          145674

Did some picking up outside and finished mowing.

Now what did you all do? ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-09-13          145691

Today is the last day of a one-week rental of a Genie Z-45 boom lift. It's been a fun week. A woodpecker pecked a hole through a 5/4x4 trim board and the 2x4 framing right into the chimney. Operating at about 50 feet above ground I replaced two 15' corner boards, caulked, wirebrushed all the wood trim, installed metal flashing on all corners to keep the peckerheads from pecking, and repainted the entire chimney. I then cleaned all the gutters, snaked out all the plumbing vent stacks as a preventative measure, plugged a small gap with copper wool to keep mice out of the attic, cut, painted and installed blocking above 20 corbel brackets to keep owls from roosting and crapping all over the house, washed bird crap off the siding, washed all the windows, sprayed moss kill over all north facing roof surfaces, reattached a loose zinc strip, relocated and reaimed a satellite dish, and caulked and painted a bunch of gaps around windows that had opened up.

Boom lifts are great.

Next year I'll rent one for a month and repaint the entire house. I'll never understand why "professional" painters (the "best" painters in Portland by all accounts) cannot be bothered to prime bare wood before applying the top coat. But they sure enjoy arguing about whose turn it is to spray lacquer without a respirator. Grrr. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-09-17          145811

Went from 5 tractors to 4.
Sold the Pow R Kraft Lawn tractor .

Got rid of 2 old junk air compressors.
Set them down by the road at the end of my drive way with a free sign on them.
They didn't last 30 minutes.

Got rid of a stolen Bicycle.
Vandals left it here a couple of weeks ago when they hit my neighborhood pilfering stuff out of peoples cars.
Dropped the bike off at the Sheriffs Office so save them a trip coming out here to pick it up.

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-11-14          148234

Cleaned out my 4 stall garage and parked 6 tractors and 4 pick ups in it.

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-11-19          148454

Checked the fluid levels in both BX1500s. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-11-23          148634

Volunteered to deliver free thanksgiving dinners to shut ins and the elderly for a Methodist church
L B ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-11-23          148651

lbrown..good for you. More of that attituded needed.

BTW, I spent today about $160 to pay for fixxing a flat that torn the tractor tube (water filled rear no less) and for fuel cap lost. Ran tractor for about 3 hours. Repairs $160. kt ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-25          148714

Spent about 4 hours looking for a broken water line located right next to a transformer. Didnt find the water line, but I did find the elecrical line. Cracked the conduit but didnt damage the line. After changing my drawers it started raining, so it's water line 1, me 0. ....

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-11-25          148715

Cut my Christmas Tree and put it up with the kids.

Split two cords of firewood with my son.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login