Go Bottom Go Bottom

tire pressure on 04 f350 srw

View my Photos
unit5alive
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-14          79835

Hi guys, got a question on tire pressure,truck says 55psi front, 80psi rear, seams high, any one have any recomendations for pressure? will not be hauling or towing. something that will give good tire wear!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-14          79870

Look on the side of the tire. I can't think of a manufacturer of tires that doesn't put the max pressure on a tire. Don't run them soft or you will be like the Fords that ran to low of pressure and was blowing them out with the Firestone tires. I see all to many veichles driving down the roads at high speeds (75 plus) with soft tires! ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-14          79881

Those sound like Max GVW numbers. I think that Ford may be overreacting just a bit here. ....

View my Photos
cerberus

2004-03-14          79887

I run 60 front 60 rear if I'm not towing or carrying a load . ( F250 psd ) John ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2004-03-14          79895

Thanks for the replies! tires say 80 psi max on sidewall. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-03-14          79898

I have 285-75R-16 load range D tires on my 2002 Dodge Ram Cummins. Max inflation pressure is 60 which I run in the fronts all the time due to the weight of the engine. In the rears, I run 45 psi. (I have a short bed & not that much weight is on the rear tires empty) When I haul heavy such as this last week when I picked up 50 50lb. bags of fertilizer; I run 60 psi. You just have to work with the pressures to see which gives you the best tire foot print and wear pattern under the current load. Since you have the load range E tires; I would suggest 80 psi in front and a similar pressure as I stated above depending upon load, only I would go to 80 psi when hauling heavy. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-14          79906

I certainly do not run that high unless I am taking a large load. I run about 50 normally and then increase if I am carrying a large load.
It was unclear whether yoy have dual rears or not.
The tires are load rated and therefore have high pressure to accept the weight. If you run that high normally you have a very rough ride on the freeway. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-14          79917

It may be overkill, but with the low prices of those instant read point-and-shoot infrared thermometers it may be worth using one to track tire temperatures. Measuring the temperature at the shoulders and various points in between will tell you how evenly the tire is carrying the load. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login