Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
edwardsgw
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-09          68345

Anybody have an idea of how much a Ford 2000 Gas tractor with loader should cost? It seems fully operational (some question about the power steering), but it's really lousy looking (rusty!). Story is that the engine was overhauled about 50 hours ago. What should I pay for it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-10          68366

I've seen them before, what will it cost to paint it in your area if you desire to have a good looking tractor? The tractor depending as to if it is on it's frist engine or second might have 3500 to 4000 hours or up to 7000 hours to 8000 hours. The sheet metal tells the story. The tractor should be worth between the 3000, rough to 6500 in good looking condition. A fresh motor in a rough looking vehicle means someone might have made a poor investment if looking for resale. ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
edwardsgw

2003-11-15          68845

Thanks for the answer. The cost for a quick paint job is about $1000. I bought it (loader/tractor) with a 5 foot box blade and a plow for $3500 and actually drove it home. I think it just about ran out of power steering fluid on the way, and none of the instruments work (and it's pretty rusty), but I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase. ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-15          68856

Sounds like you have a good project. I think it sounds like a good learner tractor. ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
edwardsgw

2003-11-15          68861

Only thing is, I tend to learn all those things that I didn't really want to know in the first place. I've got a John Deere 2010 apart in the garage now, and I've learned a lot about why that wasn't a very good head design. ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
jtcurtis

2010-07-07          172148

I just bought a 68 Ford 2000 with a front loader and bush hog. I payed $4750. It looks a little rough, but has been working fine for the past week. I have noticed some hydrolic fluid leaking from the top of the left lift cylinder and am wondering what I should do about it. ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-07-07          172149

Uhhh you're wondering what to do about it? What's to wonder about--it needs a seal and/or the rod replaced. But if it's that old it may use the old leather packings. A good hydraulic shop might have the seals or be able to cut off the end of the cylinder and replace it with a modern style that uses O-rings. ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-07-09          172177

Not the cylinder expert Jeff is by no means but look for a rough spot on the cylinder rod that may need smoothing with emery cloth or possibly the cylinder if a screw cap style needs tightening. If either of these are not the issue them move on toward Jeff's direction.

There is also the question how much fluid is leaking...many machines are running out there with some slight leak, but nothing like leaving a trail. ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-07-09          172195

Kenny all good points. Glad to see you have been paying attention. ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
jtcurtis

2010-07-09          172196

It is leaking just a little, and I would like to top off the reservoir but don't know how to do that. A manual I have says the hydrolic pump draws fluid from center rear axle area. But doesn't show where that is. It is a repair manual and it assumes I know a lot about the tractor.
The lift cylinder can be taken apart and the seal replaced. But I don't know the procedure to do that. I am still looking for information on the front loader hydrolics. The manual I have is for ford 2000-7000 tractors and it only covers the rear hydrolics.
Any help...........? ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-07-09          172201

Not sure if that tractor has a dip stick for the hyd oil or plugs on the rear housing for checking the hyd oil. Look it over carefully and you will find one or the other. Do lower or retract all hyd cyls before checking and with tractor off.

If you are not sure when it has had fluids changed you ought to do so to have a known point in service. ....

Ford 2000 tractor value

View my Photos
jtcurtis

2010-07-09          172204

I haven't seen a dipstick. The overhaul manual has some cross sectional pictures, but they are no very good and it is difficult to decypher all that it talks about. It shows a filter that sucks up the oil in the resevoir but it doesn't show enough detail for me to tell where it is all located. I will look over the rear axle area where I think the lift pump is for a dipstick or hydro fill hole. I need someone who is familiar with the mid to late 60's ford tractors.
Thanks,
Jeff ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login