Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
BountyHunter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-29          65052

Can anyone give me some info on a 1970 Ford 3 cyl gas tractor? How much does it weigh, How much pto HP, and anything else you might think useful? -Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-29          65054

tractortips(dot)com has basic specs for these tractors. There are occasional errors in their data but it's generally pretty good. ....

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-29          65058

No. Cylinders: 3
Displ. Cu. In.: 158
No. Speeds: 6F-2R
H.P.: 30.58
Approx Shipping Weight (lbs): 3296

In fair shape worth maybe around $2000.

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
magnus

2004-07-27          92003

I have a Ford 2000 series 3 cyl gas that I acqired about 8 years ago when I bought an old farm. I've had it overhauled in various ways and it was actually running pretty well until just recently. Suddenly its become very underpowered. Starts and runs OK but just very poor power on hills, speed on the flats, etc. I put in some additive in the gas thinking that it likely had something to do with the carb but it hasn't helped or hurt that I can tell.

Any suggestions??? Thanks. ....

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
TomG

2004-07-27          92009

I'd probably start with a compression test. There is a lot of discussion and a large archive about these tractors on the Yesterday's Tractors site. ....

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
magnus

2004-07-27          92012

Thanks. ....

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
Chief

2004-07-27          92017

If you have found the fuel, spark, and compression to be within limits. Try looking at the govenor. If the govenor linkage is not moving through its full range of motion, is binding, out of adjustment, or plain just is not working, this could account for the sudden loss of performance. You are going to need a shop manual to check out the govenor and make adjustments if needed. ....

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
ryooper

2005-06-06          111984

My dad bought one new back in 1968, my brother has it now. It had a similar problem, it would run for a while then loose power and die. Dad had the carb fixed several times, where it would work for a while and the problem would return.

My brother who has it now finally found the cause. A small plastic cap from the tip of a gas can had dropped into the gas tank. It was just small enough to fit into the gas outlet line, not stopping the flow of gas entirely, just enough to cause problems when power was called for.

Kind of a unique problem, self inflicted years ago.

Good Luck. ....

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
BountyHunter

2006-06-19          131017

Thanks, but I traded it in a couple years ago on a New Holland TC40D ....

Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

View my Photos
ourpea

2010-08-01          172742

I, too, have a Ford 2000 3-cyl gas tractor. I had problems with fuel, changed the filter, no lasting help. Rebuilt the carburetor (nearly $300), no lasting help. Removed the petcock from the bottom of the fuel tank and replaced with one with a tall screened port and that helped a bunch. Finally rerouted the fuel to go directly from the fuel tank to the carb, bi-passing the fuel pump on the other side of the engine. That seems to have solved the problem completely.
I believe the fuel line experienced vapor-lock on its way over the engine to the fuel pump. The New Holland service manager told me it should run fine on gravity, and it does. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login