Go Bottom Go Bottom

1962 Ford Jubilee Stuck Clutch

View my Photos
dtylich
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-17          104388

Help!! I have a 1962 Ford Jubilee tractor (my dad's before he recently passed away) The clutch seems to be stuck. I know that it has stuck in the past. Just can't remember how he got it unstuck. It will start in neutral, and when idled down, will go into all gears. We have tried pulling the tractor with a truck while in gear. We have also tried letting it idle to warm up and then using a board to hold the clutch depressed overnight as it cooled down (read somewhere that might help...it didn't). I am at my wit's end. Is there some way to unstick the darned thing without opening it up. Any suggestion at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
denwood

2005-01-17          104399

I am not sure what you mean by stuck. If you idle down and it goes into gear without moving, how is it stuck. My car stuck one time after sitting for a year and I started it in gear with the clutch in and it started driving right away. I then went up a hill pushed in the clutch and floored it. It came loose right away and never failed again. ....

View my Photos
knucklebuster

2005-01-17          104403

If the clutch is stuck to the flywheel from setting a long time, the tractor will not idle when placed in gear with the clutch depressed (pushed in). I have had this happen to my Satoh Beaver twice. The first time I split the tractor. The disc peeled right off the flywheel. The second time I held the clutch in while moving in gear. I repeatedly pressed the brakes. Finally, the transmission broke loose; I mean it broke. Broke second gear and the
cluster gear. Split the tractor and peeled the clutch
again and replaced the gears. Now I keep the clutch pressed when not in use for a long time. ....

View my Photos
dtylich

2005-01-17          104405

Yes, knuckle, the tractor did set up for awhile. I'll try the brakes. I guess there's not a miracle cure though. If I have to split the tractor, a new clutch and pressure
plate are a sure thing. Oh yeah, also never forget to leave the clutch engaged!! ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-22          104722

Put it in high gear toe the tractor against some thing very sturdy. Push the clutch in and try to start the tractor. ....

View my Photos
dtylich

2005-01-30          105236

Thanks for all the suggestions! However, nothing has worked. Any other ideas? I am probably going to split the tractor this weekend as a last resort. I have been putting it off because of lack of a shop to work on it and the bad weather. Any more ideas instead of splitting it would be much appreciated. Thanks.... ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-30          105262

High gear wide open throttle and clutch depressed is the fasted way I've seen. ....

View my Photos
MORE-A-LESS

2010-06-02          171315

CALL MY DAD HE WILL ADVISE YOU HOW TO UNSTICK A CLUCK
HIS NAME IS JAMES MORALES OF WHITNEY TEXAS
254-694-6893

HE TOLD ME TO SEND THIS NOTE TO YOU ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-06-03          171324

The original post is five years old so don't expect a call. And please stop using all capital letters. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login