Go Bottom Go Bottom

Research Participants Needed in Harrisburg PA

View my Photos
Lori Aulenbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-03-26          25912

New Holland Compact Utility Tractor Owners:We are conducting research in the Harrisburg, PA area on Compact Utility Tractor Owners and are looking for owners of New Holland 1210,1215,1220,1510,1610 and TC 18 tractors. This is exciting product development research and if qualified, you will be paid $75 to look at tractors and give us your opinion. Call Lori at 800-836-9016 or email me at lori@theresultsnetwork.com!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Tom

2001-03-26          25930

I live in Ct and have a Ford/NH 1220 if that helps.
Tom ....

View my Photos
Steve Shireman Jr.

2001-03-28          26000

I live in Middletown PA which is about 3 miles East of Harrisburg. I just purchased a Kubota BX2200 and was torn between that and the Boomers. I would be interested in helping with your research. I can be emailed at sshireman@synertechsystems.com. ....

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2001-03-28          26025

I am very suspect of these offers. My guess is that this "marketing research" involves nothing more than gathering personal information that can be sold to junk mail and spam dealers. The $75 that you may qualify for is probably a discount that is offered to potential customers after a $75 markup. If I am wrong please let me know and I will apologize. If I am not wrong, please go away and leave this board to it's intended purpose. ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-03-28          26026

I don't know anything about this survey, but awhile back I got a phone call from someone (now I forgotten the outfit involved) and the lady asked a few questions, mailed me a questionnaire about the different designs, likes, dislikes, etc. and preferred options and features. She said if I'd fill out the questionnaire and send it back, they'd send me $25 and they did. ....

View my Photos
Lori Aulenbach

2001-03-29          26051

Thanks for your comments--this is similar research only we are going to have the tractors here at our research facility for you to kick the tires and drive around and good stuff like that. Wish you lived near H-burg...this one pays $75! ....

View my Photos
Lori Aulenbach

2001-03-29          26052

Understand your reasoning but absolutely not the case here. John Deere is one of our biggest clients and we do a significant amount of new product research for them. We have a huge research facility that they bring all their cool new tractors to and we look for tractor owners to tell us what is good and what is bad about them before they finalize the product and put it on the market. Period. No sales, no spam. It's just really hard to find tractor owners in this price bracket so we thought this might be a way. We have a web site at www.theresultsnetwork.com so you can check us out and see our facility. Please call me if it interests you, and thanks for your comments. I thoroughly understand! Lori ....

View my Photos
Lori Aulenbach

2001-03-29          26053

Thanks so much for your email. I wish we were out there so you could come look at our cool new tractors! We do travel all over doing this new product research, so perhaps the next time we are out your way we will contact you.

Lori ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-03-29          26064

Lori, if I lived anywhere near Harrisburg, I'd sure come take your money, see what you have, and give my opinions. And for anyone who does, this sounds like a chance to let the manufacturers know what you like and don't like and maybe affect what they build to sell us in the future. ....

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2001-03-29          26079

Well, as I stated, I apologize. After 30 years in law enforcement and over 50 years of life you tend to get a bit skeptical. As a peace offering you can just send me the $75 and you won't even have to display all those tractors and suffer the indignities of having the tires kicked. Just kidding. ;>) ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-03-29          26089

30 years in law enforcement, Larry? I retired a couple of months short of 25 years. I guess it does tend to make us a bit suspicious, huh? LOL ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-03-29          26092

I guess the only thing that sounds suspicious about this is that it makes so much sense.... We've all been hoping for years that the marketing folks would come out to the field and ask some real tractor owners for real world opinions. This could be it. I hope you guys go for it, because as far as I can see you can only win on this one.
And besides, I sure am curious to hear about how it works out.....
Roger

View my Photos
TomG

2001-03-30          26100

I made my living doing survey research (scientific & public sector). I wouldn't be too skeptical unless something called an informed consent was not offered. It's obvious when informed consent is offered. It's a guarantee of confidentiality, that individual data will never be used in a way where the individual can be identified and a full description of all intended and future uses of the data. Ethical guidelines for many market research industry associations also guarantee that the survey client never has access to the identities of respondents to a survey and some other things as well. I might be a bit skeptical if a market research company wasn't a member of a recognized industry association, but the industry protects survey respondents pretty well. The industry has an interest in confidentiality. It's tough enough interesting people to participate in market studies, and a breech of confidentiality scandal would damage the entire industry. So, why does somebody want to pay people for looking at tractors? There's just too many market surveys done now, and people got tired of having the egos tickled by somebody asking for their opinion. All that means is opinions are valuable, because somebody is making money by collecting them. Research companies used to get opinions for nothing. However, ego tickling encountered some serious diminishing returns in providing value in exchange for an opinion. Now, you generally have to pay people for their opinions to get adequate participation in a study. In general, that's actually good, because it recognizes opinions as economically valuable. It should be good for me too since I can be very opinionated--possibly I could be rich just from my opinions. ....

View my Photos
Lori Aulenbach

2001-03-31          26137

but why aren't you in Harrisburg, Roger? We need you...we do tons of field research for Deere, Kubota, Ford New Holland....we will definitely come to you one of these days....we even bring tractors to people's homes and have them drive them around for us! And pay you to do it...how about that! Please keep in touch. I have met so many wonderful tractor owners through this source.

Lori ....

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-04-01          26157

Lori, there are quite a few active participants on this board from upstate NY and New England. I suggest that it might be worthwhile for your firm to do a "road trip" to our area to get user input. I would propose Albany NY for its central location, or possibly hit Worcester MA, Albany, and Rochester and you would get a lot of us willing to drive an hour or so to participate. Please feel free to email me directly. ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-04-01          26161

Don't know why I ended up in Colorado instead of Harrisburg, Lori. Just poor tractor planning I guess.... :-) . I'll look forward to meeting you when you are out this way. Your testers surely must have a difficult task evaluating all of the excellent compacts on the market today. From a mechanical perspective I haven't seen a dog in the bunch. From a convenience standpoint I expect that soon we will be seeing compacts with accessories. Maybe even a roomy toolbox built in! That sure would be handy. Most everyone that owns a small tractor has a bag strapped to it somewhere it to carry the necessary odds and ends.

View my Photos
Lori Aulenbach

2001-04-02          26174

Thanks so much for your reply, Roger. We have had such great input from you guys on this board and the honesty and suggestions are all being put together forour clients to continue to improve compact tractor quality. We will certainly be in touch again and might even come visit you when we are out your way!

Lori ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login