Go Bottom Go Bottom

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
rossco
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-19          74507

My cousin needs a set of fenders and mounting brackets for his 706. Anybody know of any or some good salvage yards we could check? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-20          74516

Try the following link I have about 6 good sources for old red stuff ....

Link:   

Click Here

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-20          74537

They used round top like on the older tractors as well as square tops like on the newer tractors. Which are needed? ....

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
rossco

2004-01-20          74542

He didn't specify which kind, but my father-n-law has flat top fenders with lights in the front of them on his 706. I assume this is what he is looking for. Will either kind work?

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-20          74546

There actually is three styles if you include the wheatland style. The square tops were the last used. ....

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
rossco

2004-01-20          74551

Will any of the three styles work? He is not looking to authentically restore the tractor. Thanks

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-21          74667

The square tops were the last to be produced and the nicest. The round top were on the very earliest of the and both of these fit back and forth. The wheatland are unique and required getting on the tractor from the rear. ....

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
rossco

2004-01-21          74674

Besides the above mentioned link, are there any other good sources for a set of flat top fenders with brackets. He had gotten a price from a local salvage yard in the $500 range. Don't know if that is high or reasonable. He thinks for that much, he can try to fabricate his own. I thought maybe I could dig up a pair for him at a decent price and would definitely be nicer than what he would build. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-22          74738

New aftermarket flat tops less lights come in at 460 with the new brackets. You might try offering them this info and maybe they would drop the price a bit. ....

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-01-22          74740

You may be able to get some old style round fenders. Themanmachines.com shows some to fit like an "M", 400 or 450. You can buy them(a pair) now for $150.00 + $20.00 shipping. I'm not sure if the 706 and 400/450 had the same tire size. If the fender isn't tall enough, you could build a shim beneath it to block it up. I think they used u-bolts to mount them. Also don't know if you want flat top fenders with lights. I can't remember that far back. My dad had a 400 and traded it in for a 756 but I got drafted and never saw it. He couldn't farm alone, so he quite farming and sold out before I got back home.

With the older style tractor you crawled on from the back. Don't you climb up on a 706 on the side just ahead of the rear tire? Did the fender have a hand hold or something like that? Maybe you can find a fender from a newer model on the auction at a more reasonable price. The 756 came after the 706 but don't remember what came after that. ....

need 706 fenders

View my Photos
rossco

2004-01-22          74762

Thanks for the responses. Talked to him tonight and he definitely wants the flat tops. Just don't know how much he is willing to spend because he's kind of tight. I gave him those sights and I'll keep poking around.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login