Go Bottom Go Bottom

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Archdean
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-25          116870

I have modified this 1940 Farmall "B" wide cultivision version to include the Duel seat on the left side to use in Parades and just general riding around as a side by side!!

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Archdean
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-25          116871

Second Picture ....

Picture Link
Antique Tractors Farmall  B  Restoration

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-09-25          116872

Third picture ....

Picture Link

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-09-25          116873

Fourth picture ....

Picture Link

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Peters

2005-09-25          116874

Thanks for the memories. We had a B with a wide front end in the 60's. Do you have the row crop attachments?
I would sit on the tow bar while we were doing chores. Not something we would advise today, but we were not as safety minded then.

I can not get the third picture to fully load. You need to check it.

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-09-25          116875

Fixed now and thanks, I too grew up with a "B" and an "H" it has great memories for me too!! ....

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-25          116876

Real nice looking machine! I am sure she will do you proud in any parade. ....

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
beagle

2005-09-25          116886

How many hours do you have in the restoration? We almost bought a '36 Allis-Chalmers Model B over the weekend, but an not sure we have the time to restore it. How many hours do you think you spent on the machine. It looks great!! ....

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-09-25          116891

All of you are way too kind, actually I bought it mostly as you see it, painted w/new clutch, valve job and new rings!

Now to your ? It needed new/correct fluids/ radiator /carb rebuild /magneto rebuild /brakes rebuild,and the only 2nd seat mod w/floor pan modification in the world today TTBOMK!

Personally I have about a month + finding assemblying parts/ modifying /rebuilding /painting and etc.

We just drove it 10 miles through the countryside and the waves (goodwill gestures) are indeed gratifying! Nostalgia was the motiving factor for me! If you seriously are interested in restoring an old tractor, find the best speciman available to you at a price that you can afford and PAY IT! I say this as an old airplane owner and mechanic, get the the best machine with all the machine work already finished and then be prepared to add at least twice as much!

Hope this helps in a reality check for all! I have seen many "I'm gonna rebuild/restore someday projects" rust away primarily due to the complexity/funds avail/time constraints and just simply being way over the head!!
Sorry to be blunt but one just can't argue with the facts and that includes me too!!

Dean ....

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Art White

2005-09-25          116898

I love the double seats! ....

Farmall B Restoration

View my Photos
Archdean

2005-09-25          116920

Thanks Art, G/F does as well! It seems that there is not a soul in these parts of Oklahoma who doesn't have an uncle who used to have one or knows someone who did!!

I just get a kick out of something that is old as I am still running strong and looking good!! Now how shameless is that?? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login