Go Bottom Go Bottom

Time to sell federal land

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-02          117262

This is an interesting issue that could have a huge impact on availability of new land for private ownership if congress goes through with it. I like the idea anyhow. Won't be holding my breath waiting for it to happen but you never know.

Link:   Time to sell federal land?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-02          117263

This link will give you an idea of the HUGE expanses of land the government owns. Selling even a small fraction of it would substantially add to the land market and the federal treasury to cover some of the deficit spending going on. ....

Link:   Government Lands

View my Photos
Chief

2005-10-02          117264

This link breaks it down by state. Maybe that farm or ranch can more within reach than originally thought? ....

Link:   State by State Government Land Ownership

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-10-03          117284

Michigan's governoress, Jennifer Granholm has done nothing for our state except raise or put taxes on everything. She is in the process of selling of state land. It is a very time consuming and cumbersome way to buy land. They're trying to consolidate. They're hoping to sell off little pieces and swap with others to make larger mass areas. It takes more patience than I have. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login