Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-30          75513

Has anyone had any experience with any aftermarket large diameter exhaust systems for a Dodge-Cummins? My "OEM / cheap muffler-shop stop gap measure" is begining to disintagrate! Not interested in fuel-turbo mods,just a decent flowing exhaust system.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-31          75532

I heard that with the Cummins the larger pipe really does not help that much. they say if you start adding turbo or injector mods then it is more a benifit. ....

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-31          75549

AV8R, have you looked at one of these yet. The guys over on TDR give good review on it. ....

Link:   click here

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-01-31          75628

Thanks Cheif. Not wanting to up power, plenty already, just get the stinky stuff out the back! ....

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-31          75629

If I were you, I would just take the truck to a muffler shop and have them make you a 4 or 5 inch exhaust. Probably cheaper than buying one off the internet. ....

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-31          75630

Or go to Midas or Meineke and get one of their lifetime warranty jobs. ....

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
plots1

2004-02-01          75648

Around here they don't have 4 or 5inch pipe to work with at the muffler shops, They can order it but by the time you get all you need to do the job and there install fee you could have a nice net system installed your self much cheaper. It's easy. ....

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-02-01          75687

Plots: I second that! My stop gap repair consisted of some 3" pipe bent at a local muffler shop. They kinked the bends so bad it might as well have been 2" pipe!! ....

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
Peters

2004-02-09          76473

I guess I am confused if you are going to replace the system with the larger 4" why wouldn't you use the SS? The price seem about the same. ....

Link:   RPM

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-09          76479

Eric, that is not a bad price for a stainless exhaust. Do you have one of these on your truck? ....

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
plots1

2004-02-10          76509

Be careful on some of them cheaper system's, some fit like sock's on a rooster!!! ....

Cummins Exhaust

View my Photos
Peters

2004-02-13          76790

Chief; I have not had to replace the system on my truck yet.
I thought maybe parts of it were stainless as I have so little rust on my system. Not much salt thrown around there.
As the system is not too tight in the frame and the longest piece in the stock system is about 4 ft I doubt there would be much problems fitting a new system. Not exactly tight tolerances on these. At least on my truck.
I am not sure of the utility of adding 1 inch when the header is 3 inch. With out the SS I would suspect the additional size would just increase chances of internal rot from trapped water vapour. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login