Go Bottom Go Bottom

hydraulics Question about bx23

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-24          99166

<< hydraulics Question about bx23 >>

I snagged the hydraulic line for the Back Hoe dipper stick on a tree branch.
It bent the metal tube slightly about 1/2 to 3/4 " from where the hose fitting screws on to it.
Now the hose sticks out from the dipper stick about 4 to six inches to far.

How can I straighten the metal tubing so the hose will lay closer to the dipper stick like it did before?
How do I relieve the pressure in the Back Hoe hose before doing this?
>>

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-24          99195

Be real careful. There is enough pressure in those lines to inject oil under your skin or take out an eye.

Drop the backhoe to the deck, shut off the engine and then move all the controls in every direction several times to relieve the pressure in the lines and let everything come down to rest.

Then, and only then, carefully move the tubing back to its original position. If you see a kink or a crease form in the tube, your machine is out of service. You will need to order a new part or have a replacement fabricated at a professional hydraulics shop.

If everything looks OK, start it up and watch from a safe distance for leaks. Do not use you hands to check for leaks... use a piece of cardboard like it shows in your owners manual. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-10-26          99321

1*Drop the back hoe to the deck, shut off the engine and then move all the controls in every direction several times to relieve the pressure in the lines and let everything come down to rest.

Then, and only then, carefully move the tubing back to its original position.
2* If you see a kink or a crease form in the tube, your machine is out of service. You will need to order a new part or have a replacement fabricated at a professional hydraulics shop.
DRankin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1*Should I do the same with the Joy Stick for the FEL?
Just wondering if the pressure in the hoses of the FEL can push back into the BH lines?

2*I am going to have to replace the metal tubing.
This tube operates the Cylinder that controls the bucket curl and is clamped on this cylinder with 2 large auto type hoses. It looks pretty simple to change this 12 to 16 inch tube but the hydraulic fluid pressure is where I'm leary in making the repair.
How much fluid will I loose if any when I disconnect the hose from the tube?Thanks for your help.
I had a Bolens Tractor for 38 years. Did all the work on it myself,so I'm more of a Bolens amateur expert not a Kubota. LOL
The Kubota's a whole new ball game to me.

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-26          99323

The answer is no, pressure from the loader will not push back into the backhoe.
When you remove the line from the backhoe you will lose the oil in the line, but thats all. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-26          99324

Just be sure to set the backhoe down and run the control sticks (tractor shut off)to relieve the pressure on the lines before you remove it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login