Go Bottom Go Bottom

Too much conditioner

View my Photos
glalonde
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-06          65688

The small measuring cup I used was marked 15ml at the top but I noticed after pouring the conditioner that this was a 'label' for the cup size and the actual 15ml mark was half way down that cup.
Therefore, I doubled the amount of conditioner.

Is there any danger in putting too much winter conditioner in diesel ?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Too much conditioner

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-06          65690

I wouldn't worry about it, in fact if you read the instructions on the label it probably says that for an initial treatment you can at LEAST double the dosage.

I have used FAR more than the instructions call say for a long long time on some of our equipment which is only seasonally used with no problems whatsoever.

If you're concerned about and the tank isn't quite full, top it up and that will help dilute it some.

Either that or pour in a bunch of water to soak up all that conditioner.... KIDDING!!!

Best of luck. ....

Too much conditioner

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-06          65692

No worries. ;-) Not an issue as Murf said. Most diesel conditioners say to double the intial treatment again as Murf said. Good that you are at least thinking ahead to treat your fuel. ....

Too much conditioner

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-06          65694

Go for it! Don't worry about it you are fine as Murf and Chief stated. ....

Too much conditioner

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-10-06          65710

These guys are right as usual.

My conditioner says for summer use...4 ounces for every 12 gallons and I run 2 ounces for evey 5 gallons I put in my tractor so I am almost always double dosed.

In the winter they actually recommend the double dose. Once I forgot to add conditioner in my truck and it gelled, to ungell it I must have added about 10 times the usual dose with no harm. When one is stuck in 0* weather on the side of a road, one doesn't worry about too much conditioner! ....

Too much conditioner

View my Photos
glalonde
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-07          65715

Thank you all !!

Being new at diesel/tractor, I feel much better now. I was scared it could have damaged my 790. ....

Too much conditioner

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-10-07          65731

You might like the way the engine runs and accidentally do that more often! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login