Go Bottom Go Bottom

NAPA Oil Filters Silver VS Gold

View my Photos
DaveM
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-19          62174

In a post a while back the question of the difference in the filters came up so I thought I would check to see what NAPA said.

NAPA Oil Filters Silver vs. Gold, Is there any difference?

I couldn’t stand it anymore so I asked the local NAPA dealer what the differences between the two different filters and I got a “chuckle and I’m not sure, the Gold must be better”. So I emailed NAPA on line and got the following response:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 12:57 PM
Subject: RE: Case # 227326

Dear Mr. M.,

Thank you for shopping NAPAonline.com. NAPA Silver oil filters features include:

1. Cellulose filtering media – removes dirt and contaminants from engine oil.

2. Perforated lock seam steel center tube – ensures stable element support.

3. Metal end caps – provides a positive seal to prevent oil by-pass

4. Anti-drain back valve (where applicable) – prevents engine damage due to dry starts.

5. Safety by-pass valve (where applicable) – eliminates oil starvation due to a clogged filter or cold starts.

6. Coiled steel support spring – provides maximum sealing protection in case of pressure surges.

7. Limited warranty.

NAPA gold oil filters besides sharing feature/benefit points 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, additional premium – only features/benefits include.

1. Fiberglass enhanced media – has 50% more contaminant hold capacity than NAPA Silver – Capture more smaller, potentially engine damaging contaminants.

2. Extra strong steel spiral center tube – provides superior collapse protection.

If you should have any additional questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to contact us by calling toll free 1-877-805-6272 Monday thru Friday 8AM-8PM EST or your can email Customer Support at any time

customersupport AT napaonline.com.

Again, we thank you for visiting NAPAonline.com.
Regards,
Customer Support

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-19          62206

It just makes you wonder what the boys down to Wix are going to think of next! ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-20          62224

Makes me wanna run out and buy a case of them... ....

View my Photos
Hillslider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-20          62232

I managed a NAPA store for almost 10 years and have been asked that same question a thousand times. I hate the response you got from the store.....I would have sent him down the road. We always kept both filters and some others that were cut apart for demo purposes. The Gold is by far the better filter and would never buy the silver. The resopnse from corporate is a standard out of the book answer. Put simple.....the gold filters better, better flow,better disign and way worth the price. My oppinion.....stay with the gold or the wix premium brand and leave the silver to the people who just dont care about quality. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-20          62252

I am sure the NAPA Gold filters are good filters. Have you looked at Fleetguard filters. For diesel engine use, their Stratapore Oil filter is about the best filter out there. They also make filter for John Deere and some other manufactures. Either way you are getting a good filter. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-20          62273

Chief, Fleet Gaurd Filters are a good filter maker. They make them for many diffrent manufacturers. It is a company that has ties to Cummins and into Case-IH I beieve they are major stock holders. We sell them thru Case and Kubota is also moving towards them. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-20          62277

The Fleetguard LF3894 Stratapore oil filter is all I use on my Cummins. I use their fuel filters too. Very reasonable price too. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login