Go Bottom Go Bottom

fuel additives any harm

View my Photos
rlra
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-02-05          35316

Is there any restriction on the fuel additives. For the ford psd, you can not use any additive that will emulsify(sp) water and cause it to pass through the filter to the injectors. I thought that the Kubotas did not have this regstriction.
I am currently using some stuff called Heavy Duty SIL00 deisel fule conditioner and injector cleaner.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

fuel additives any harm

View my Photos
JIMH

2002-10-09          43616

i HAVE USED STABEL FOR YEARS. GUNK MAKES A CONDITIONER FOR DIESEL THAT HELPS KEEP THE DEPOSIT DOWN AND CLEAN. I HAVE NOT HEARD ANY BAD COMMENTS. THEY SEEM TO SELL A LOT AT TRACTOR SUPPLY STORE. ....

fuel additives any harm

View my Photos
TomG

2002-10-10          43641

Many fuel additives contain injector pump lubricants and anti-gel ingredients. The ones I see in tractor stores usually specify 'contains no methane'. Cheap box store additives may contain methane, which is stuff to be avoided in diesels. Methane is fairly common is additives for gas engines so it's good not to confuse products intended for gas and diesel. Even anti-freeze is available in gas and diesel varieties. ....

fuel additives any harm

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-15          53180

I have been using John Deere Summer Formula diesel fuel additive Stanadyne use to make John Deere's additive until recently but I think the tests Standyne advertises show it is about the same. Amalgamated makes a good diesel fuel additive but the smallest container they sell is 5 gallons and that sells for $95 out the door. I have been using John Deere Additive in the gallon can for the last 6 months in my Cummins and John Deere 4410 but at nearly $31 a gallon, that is a bit steep. I have been corresponding with Gary Pipenger at Amalgamated and he tells me that their additive is the best out there. Of course everyone says that about their products but, I am going to give it a try. Check out their web site. You can always get the Power Service fuel additive at Wally World but test show it is not all that good in every area. ....

Link:   Amalgamated Inc. Link

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login