Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lubrication 3ph and others

View my Photos
Eddie Suckow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-15          26726

Just got a brand new Cub Cadet 7205 with the 475 loader and woods 60" box scaper! What a grunt of a machine for only 20hp!Anyhow, this is my first tractor and I've got some pcm (preventative care and maint.) questions on lubrication. What should I use on the 3ph connections? white litheum?Also, what about in the zert fittings on the loader? I've been looking through the manual but can't find anything yet.Any general pcm items you can tell me are greatly appreciated! I'm going over the electrical connections with electrical contact grease today, good idea or not?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-04-16          26748

Eddie Con-grats on the new toy. Depending how you are using the tractor should dictate how you lube or do not lub things. If you are doing a lot of dusty work all that lube will help the abrasive dirt stick to and wear your parts. It will be a mess at your connectors also. That Said: I use mobil synethic grease on every thing that has a zerk it clings like... Be aware synthetics are not always compatable with some seals. I use an open gear/cable graphite base high pressue lube on the 3ph parts and wash what I can of it off, (get it on your hands and you'll know what I mean) in the spring when doing dusty stuff and put back on during mowing season. :-) I don't always wash tractor after using. Always wash when I mow to clean mower. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2001-04-16          26749

The manual for my Ford 1710 doesn't indicate a type of grease either. I'm not too particular I guess. I used whatever general chassis grease is in the tractor store. Manuals usually have a routine to make sure various bolts are tight--especially the wheels. Some manuals don't mention the loader frame. Loader bolts should be checked periodically for tightness. Some people switch to synthetic engine and hydro oils. If synthetic oils are going to be used, it's a good idea to wait until after several hundred hours of operation, or whatever is recommended. If you live in a cold climate, I'd check with the dealer about a recommendation for multi-season oils. Oils recommended in some manuals don't work very well in the cold. Many manuals recommend break-in oil changes after a few hours operation. If you change the hydraulic oil soon, you probably don't want to be changing it again this fall to put in winter or multi-season oil. It's away off, but I'd also remember to change the coolant every several years--some manuals don't mention that. Soon you'll come to grips with getting fuel and oils into and out of the tractor. A little planning is good. Pouring stuff from big heavy containers into the tractor through funnels is a big pain. Chances are you don't have a drain pan that's large enough to hold the hydro oil. Anyway, specialty pumps are available from places like Northern Tool that make tractoring life a little easier. ....

View my Photos
Eddie Suckow

2001-04-16          26751

That's was the part I was concerned with, the dirt sticking to the lub. Here in Maine the dust isn't bad but I would think it doesn't take much to stick into the grease and cause friction.
Will be looking into the northern tools stuff for fluid transfers. Thanks for the tip on the bolts and coolant changing.
My next purchase will be a pressure washer. The mud just stains my fancy yellow paint! A link to my tractor page is below. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login