Go Bottom Go Bottom

Emergency Changed fuel filter and tractor wont start

View my Photos
Paul Elkins
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-13          16249

Just performed the 50hr service, changed oil, changed fuel filter oh what a mistake..... tractor started and stalled, must have gotten air in the fuel lines. I need to know how to bleed the air out of the fuel system.Can anyone help me?? I need to know the procedure for bleeding the air out of the fuel system. The tractor is a tc29 new holland. The dealer is in a hury to sell fuel filters but doesn't warn you about the fuel system..

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
JimBinMI

2000-05-13          16252

Paul,

I just did the 50 hr. on my TC18 in the last couple of weeks. I figure you have an operators manual, read it carefully, follow step by step it explains what to do to change the filter and how to bleed the system. Read it over real good, set it beside you and follow step by step. I had zero problem with mine.
Good Luck,
JimBinMI ....

View my Photos
Paul Elkins

2000-05-13          16253

Jim,
I just move and have misplaced the manual, would you have any simplified way to explain the bleeding procedure. Email me direct I will give you my phone or I will call you. I am in Ypsilanti, Mi, pretty close to you. My email is pelkins@rc.net ....

View my Photos
Paul Elkins

2000-05-13          16258

The crisis is over, I have the tractor running. It would probably be much easier with a manual. Thanks Jimbin, I had a friend call me back and explain the procedure to me. Went easy.... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login