Go Bottom Go Bottom

Deisel Fuel Addative PRI-D

View my Photos
Bill
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-01-27          12284

Has anyone had experience with this product (PRI-D)? I have seen their web site, and they seem to say that his stuff will act like a stabilizer for fuel. They also claim that it will restore older fuel to refinery specs. I have been told by a local injection shop that fuel degrades in about a month anymore, since they messed with the formulation (low sulfer). I noticed that older fuel when burned seems to burn less hard (not as hot a flame) than new fuel(age wise). This PRI-D says that as fuel ages, it becomes unstable and formes larger molecules which won't burn as readily. They also have another product for badly degraded fuel, and claim to have rejuvinated 30 year old #2 to refinery standards. Sounds like a wonderful line of crap, but Generac, Ford marine and a few other names I can't remember, mostly to do with marine applications are recommending to use this. Hope someone on here is using or has tried this stuff, cuz it looks to good to be true. But I know STABIL from Gold Seal works for small gas engines, and even in a Mustang GT I used to store over the winter months. Funny, the car always ran better in the spring too. All comments are greatly appreciated. Bill

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bill

2000-01-29          12321

Hi All, This company is Power Research Inc. and the web site is www.priproducts.com . If anyone can tell me good or bad I would greatly appreciate, as above. Thanks! Bill ....

View my Photos
jim disandro

2000-01-29          12329

Bill
I own a JD4300. It is my first tractor and my dealer mechanic suggested Pri-D for conditioning my deisel, so far it works fine I have had no problem with the JD starting. Temps has been as low as -10 so far this winter. northern Illinois.
I have also used there other product for gasoline storage. ....

View my Photos
wayne

2000-01-29          12338

We've used PRI-D for a year+, and it seems to do what it claims. Definitely seems to clean injectors and stabilize fuel. I can better speak to the PRI-G. I have two GM cars with the 3800 engine. One began to run erratically a year ago, several sensors, etc. replaced, no improvement. Then a mechanic told me the quality of gasoline varied far more now than in recent times, and he suggested something to stabilize the gasoline. Started using PRI-G and the problem disappeared in one tank. Stopped adding it, and in short order it was running erratically again. Other car had developed similar, but less severe symptoms. I now add PRI-G to both cars at every fill up, and have had no repetitions of these problems. Stored a large number of commercial mowers last fall with the 14hp Kawasaki engine, all with PRI-G. Recently started several after 4 months of storage with PRI-G treated gas left in them, and all started and ran as if they'd been run yesterday. ....

View my Photos
Bill

2000-01-30          12351

Thanks for the input, Jim and Wayne. Sure does seem that the quality of fuel is not as it should be, especially considering the cost today. I wonder how much heat is lost in stored home heating fuel. Seems to me that if it works this way for deisel, it would allow more BTU's to be obtained for heating as well. Have to ask that question to the company. Thanks again!
Bill ....

View my Photos
Rodt

2000-01-31          12373

I never tried the PRI-D. I have used Dr. Diesel, and have had no problems
since using it. I'll have to check out the PRI-D site.
Thanks, RodT ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login