Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-14          79907

I go to the grocery store this afternoon to fulfill my honey-do-list for Sunday, come out and there it sits!!! MY 4wd ext.cab silverado with a back fender sittin under the bed,the passenger side back panel twisted and pulled out from the stabilizers, the tailgate bent and twisted. OF COURSE NO ONE is ther waiting and NO ONE saw anything!!!!!
RoadRAGE!!! to say the least!!! I can tell ya this much, I happened to still have my 20ga sittin under the back seat from a recent hunting trip (last one of the winter) On the wrong day, at the wrong time if a person was to be seen driving away from this with out letting a guy know!!!!! Well lets just say it is a good thing I took so damm long deciding between diet coke lime or diet dr. pepper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
String em all up when they catch em!! That is what I say!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-14          79919

Sorry you had an encounter with the Dark Side.

Two things: neither will help much.

First, this should be titled: hit and run drunks (or pick your drug impairment of choice). This isn't about someone misjudging the distance while backing up. It is more likely a totally reckless/stupid/idiot act fueled by a mind numbing or altering substance.

Second, my experience in working accidents involving GMC trucks/suv's has been that however bad they are damaged, the other vehicle got it worse. I have little doubt that the suspect vehicle had to be of similar size just to inflict that level of damage and left the scene losing parts and/or fluids as he went.

If the driver is ever found, I suspect you would also learn that there is a criminal record or a history of such behavior.

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-15          79921

Did the store have a camera on the lot? or maybe one next door.
I've had this happen,not to the extent you had,but it just
isn't worth it, getting upset over. Chances are the POS
scumbag,didn't have ins. anyway. So pay you deductable
and forget it. If they got caught it probably would have cost you more with lost time in court.

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
lamarbur

2004-03-15          79924

"So pay you deductable and forget it. If they got caught it probably would have cost you more with lost time in court. "
I would think if a hit and run was "caught" on video tape that the person or persons insurance would cover court costs and other related costs along with the repair bill. It obviuosly was intent to harn or destroy by their simply driving away. Wouldn't be so if ther person waited and said I damamged your vehicle.

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-03-18          80237

I worked hit & run investigations for 5 years with APD (Mark..back when we had a traffic unit). The prevalent motives for leaving the scene were/are: no insurance; suspended/revoked O.L.; DWI; borrowed vehicle (loaned it to my buddy, John..don't know his last name and haven't seen him again); teenager scared of his/her parents reaction; running from the scen of another crime; insurance fraud (this last one deals with reporting a H&R when it never happened)...in about that order.

H&R is a serious issue and those caught need to be seriously dealt with, BUT, the sorry fact is that about 35% of drivers are un-insured. So..the only answer is to buy coverage that you can afford and assume the idiot that trashes your vehicle is un-insured. This really means that you are buying coverage for you and anyone else out there that doesn't.

Throwing the lowlifes in jail is a positive but does not pay for the damage. AND..lowlifes never have any assets to attack.

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
kubotachick

2004-03-18          80297

yeah, we've all had our share of hit and runs...and covering them up. One of my buddies was drunk and did a hit and run and then we had to go hide his car until the heat was off. Luckily we knew the guy he hit...and i've gotten rear ended hit and runed....really pisses ya right off ....

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-03-18          80302

I certainly hope this is a feeble attempt at humor. ....

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-03-27          81365

DRankin
I agree!!
Without speculating too much, it more than likely was some sort of HEAVY truck maybe? It was hit pretty high and (low) Funny think is that the box was not sprung and most damage was cosmetic. Now I have never been the one for the finer things in life, but this was my first new truck *&^*&%$.
On anouther side note, anyone know if my insurance will be increased? *&%&&&^$& LOL.
When I bought the truck my insurance agent told me that the reason the premium went up so much is because of the level or number givin to the value of the vehical. Funny my premiums have not gone down in the last 3 years for the depreciated value of the older truck? Hmmmm Something dont sound right? Think it may be time to shop a bit for Ins. again this time with an older truck. The one good thing is that I was considering taking full coverage off it next year, after seeing how spendy it is to fix, I think I will re-think that ....

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2004-03-28          81424

Sounds like just the kind of rotten thing a flatlander would do... check for Illini plates in the area.
jim ....

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-03-28          81440

Jim
I do live right on the Border of Wis./flatlanders. I am on the better side though abit north of the border by 2 miles. I like your post!!!! Hee Hee ....

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-22          83970

I was trying to find a copy of a news story on this subject to post here but it's gone now, too old I guess.

The facts of the story are like this;

A guy gets drunk at a local watering hole one Friday night this past fall near my cottage. In his drunken stupor he wobbles over to his pickup and climbs in heading for home in the wee hours of the morning. About 5 miles north of town he runs into a guy, literally, who is parking his truck to go back into the bush to his deer stand.

The hunter calls the police to report the hit & run from his cell. He is badly shaken but OK. His truck is not so well, the box is pushed in about 2 feet and the front end is demo'd from stopping against a rock wall on the side of the road.

The police search high & low for this guy figuring he couldn't have made it very far with a heavily damaged vehicle himself. A couple hours after sun-up his truck was spotted in a field off a side road.

The driver was found DEAD in the bush beyond the truck, he had apparently suffered internal injuries in the crash. It turns out the field was a mile or so from his home and they figure he was going to walk home, sleep it off then get up the next morning and report the truck stolen. He must have collapsed part way there and with nobody to help him he died before he was found.

Justice?, maybe.

BTW, the bar that allowed the deceased to a) get drunk, and b) leave drunk, paid for a NEW truck for the hunter provided he did not sue them.

Best of luck. ....

Hit and run JERKS

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-04-28          84654

Murf - email me the rest of your story please. my email address is in my profile.I was only able to read that the drunk guy climbed into his truck & got about 5 miles. Thanks. - steve ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login