Go Bottom Go Bottom

GOP Debate Senators Part of the Problem

View my Photos
minimac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-29          194400

I was watching the GOP debate last night. When Senators Cruz, Rubio and Paul got into a back and forth exchange about the amendments to an immigration bill ad nauseam, it struck me that this discourse was just one tiny example of what goes on in Congress, and why the Tax code is so complicated, and the Affordable care so complex that no one has read it.

Being a Senator may make you too used to caving to too much complexity. We all get conditioned to what we see every day. The bridge builder is used to walking on beams not afraid to fall to his death, the alcoholic is used to downing a bottle of gin, it is just normal day to day life, the way things are. Maybe that is why Obama and Congress allowed the Affordable care to be too complicated, sub coming to special interests.

It is a sad state of affairs when I speak to workers a Walmart and other minimum wage jobs and ask how many hours do they give you? They only get 3 to 4 hours at a time, with rotating schedules, at multiple employers and no benefits.

Teachers in public schools who make so little for what they do are now paying more for health care one of the few perks of the job in the past. They are being told that the school pays $32,000 for health care for a family of 4.

These rates are outrageous. Anyone who has worked in Corporate America knows how there is always MSRP and then the discounted amount that someone actually would consider the paragon price that one should pay for the good or service.

In electronics it is about 50% of MSRP, in Software 25%, in healthcare 10%.

The really sick thing is that lets say you need appendectomy surgery. The MSRP is $10,000, but you if you are "in CLUB" meaning you have health insurance the bill is $999. If you are poor and do not have insurance you are billed MSRP.

Any way just my Rant for today. The debate with the exchange between the senators shows how we are in the mess we are in I suppose. :-(

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-31          194416

I didn't watch the debate first hand- wouldn't give Fox the viewer rating. The problem is they are all bought and paid for by donars, lobbyist,and special interest groups - legallized bribary. Thats one of the attributes behind Trump. He's his own maa, beholding to no one. Free trade is the elitest plan to make billions on the backs of poor people in countries with no regulations. This was the demise of the middle class in America. Thats like they keep saying something has to be done about social securety. It wouldn't be in as bad of shape if they hadn't borrowed from it. If they simply removed the caps it would be secure for an additional 50 years - how hard is it! This doesn't benefit the wealthy eletists. ....

View my Photos
joyce1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-01-31          194417

All of the candidates are either bought or the Billionaire multi level marketer Trump wants to own or buy you out. None of the GOP is sadly much to get excited about.

It is sad state of affairs when the candidates in the GOP and Democratic parties are what they are!

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login