Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jeff Ordway -- Earthwrks RIP March 2012

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-03-08          182675

I am deeply saddened to inform all at Tractorpoint that Jeff Ordway, known by his TP handle of Earthwrks or EW for short, has passed away. Jeff was 49 years old and lived in Flat Rock, Michigan. He is survived by his mother and sister. The funeral will be this Saturday.

Jeff joined Tractorpoint in 2003 and he posted about 4000 messages over the years that he was with us. He had a good sense of humor and would often joist comically with KT over his rendition of the southern vernacular. He also had fun vying for the position of TP technical expert often times bantering techno speak with Murf. He also had a great understanding of language and regularly called out the “typo” errors made by other members.

Jeff was such a wonderful source of knowledge about tractors and how to do things with equipment. He reached out to hundreds of TP members with great advice. Jeff had been struggling to make ends meet with the economic downturn in Michigan. To find new business and to help those less fortunate than himself Jeff had worked in New Orleans after the Katrina disaster.

I will miss you Jeff !

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

May God be with you and bless you:
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.

May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.

Posts by Jeff
http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractorreview/searchSubject.pl?keywordName=earthwrks

Jeff's Profile
http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractorreview/profileAbout.pl?user=earthwrks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-03-08          182677

His real name is Jeff Ordway. I was called a few minutes ago by friend and neighbor of his, Jeff passed away recently. They are not sure of the exact date but some where between March 2nd and the 5th. It was sudden.

He lived in Flat Rock, Michigan. Was age 49. The best I know he had no children or spouse.

No doubt he will be missed there and here. Amazing how much much this Southern cared for that spell it right Yankee. When I told his friend who called me (had my name in his cell as Old Kenny) how he tried to get our spelling right he said that is Jeff.

God Bless you Jeff, God Bless each of you. We none have promise of even the rest of this day. Be ready

Kenneth Thompson

View my Photos
Murf

2012-03-08          182678

This was originally in the Members Section s it wasn't indexed on the "as posted" list.

I hope those of you who knew ole' Jeffy will not mind that I moved this to the "just for fun / off topic" section.

I couldn't think of a more appropriate spot for Jeff other than in our hearts and prayers.

Murf. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-03-08          182679

Murf, Ken, we were all posting at the same time so I consolidated everything under my post. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-03-08          182680

Sorry to hear of Jeff's passing. I used to banter with him about most anything, like you pick a side and we'll argue.

Sometimes the wrong end of too many things add up to more than one can bear, too bad he'll be missed.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-03-08          182681

One of the best things that can be said about anyone is what Frank said: "he'll be missed"

Dennis, did you find a site where regards can be left for Jeff? That has gotten common here. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2012-03-08          182683

This is a shock, he was too young to go. I will miss his contributions and bantering and he left a wonderful imprint on this site that will live on to help others. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-03-08          182685

Funny how you can almost feel you know someone just through his postings about tractors and such. I'll miss his gentle and informed contributions. Thanks for letting us know why. ....

View my Photos
Justus
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-03-11          182718

I read this and was nearly knocked over by it. Like all of us I always enjoyed reading Jeff's posts and the humor so often found, along with the knowledge. Though I haven't posted here in some time I felt it necessary to post now.
It makes you wonder if you couldn't have personally done something to help. I'm deeply saddened by this.
Steve ....

View my Photos
Murf

2012-03-13          182739

For those of you who wish to leave a little note for the family expressing your feelings on the passing of a member of our family here on TP, there is now a spot to do so. See the link below.

For anyone who is in the Detroit area, there will be a memorial service there this Saturday the 17th for Jeff. Anyone else who wishes to attend can PM directly for details.

Best of luck.

Link:   Jeff Ordway Notice and Guest Book

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-03-14          182750

Thanks Murf,

FYI, there are three post there. All from TP members. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-04-18          183216

Ole Jeff, in earlier post got hung up on what was the correct word and thought of Jeff. He would have had fun with my another grammar error. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login