Go Bottom Go Bottom

Dealing PROPERLY with a terrorist O

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-12          113384

If you have a weak stomach you may want to hold off eating first and it is NOT for young children. OUTSTANDING military marksmanship and about the best method of dealing with terrorists whenever the opportunity presents itself.

In view of recent terrorist events; this hopefully will instill the a positive note in that our military drops the hammer of retaliation more than the media would like you to know.

Takes a few minutes to download but WELL worth the wait.

Dennis, if this is unwanted, my apologies and please remove.

Link:   Dealing PROPERLY with terrorists

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-13          113416

THAT, is justice.

David ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-07-13          113417

I am very happy to see that you find that little clip ENTIRELY APPROPRIATE. ;O) Yes INDEED! That is approx. 600 grains of VLD projectile leaving the muzzle at about 3,000 fps worth of "JUSTICE". ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-07-13          113419

I agree, I see no problem here. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-07-13          113421

Outstanding and high speed. Looks appropriate to me.

They can get targets to practice with down at "Club Git-Mo" too. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-07-13          113422

Here's a great one on dealing with roadside bombers. Be aware that this is a multi-megabyte file. A friend who is in the reserves sent it to me. He said the pictures were taken from an AC130 Specter gunship two and a half miles away. The guys in the picture are setting up a roadside bomb and planning to ambush an American convoy which followed a short while after the pictures were taken. They were setting up for the ambush and were pacing off the distance from the bomb to where the convoy was to pass by. Turn your sound up. 40 mm cannon on the gunship. Awesome. ....

Link:   roadside bomber disposal

View my Photos
Chief

2005-07-13          113425

Kewl! That 40mm Bofors is an awesome weapon.......let's you really reach out and touch someone. ....

View my Photos
taheide
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-10          114664

WOW, justice, the American way! ....

View my Photos
taheide

2005-08-11          114707

NO! This is the most disgusting thing ever! This is what offends me! This is the reason those wacko ragheads are being shot to peices! This is the reason that Bofor was fired up!

Link:   SEPTEMBER 11

View my Photos
metastable

2005-08-11          114717

"Justice the American way"--unfortunately you're right, "guilty until proven innocent."

Linking 9/11 to Iraq isn't accurate. The 9/11 comission proved that Afghanistan (not Iraq) was harboring Al Qaeda.

Don't forget that Reagan and Rumsfield supplied Iraq with the weapons that are currently killing our troops (Anyone remember the Iraq-Iran war? see link).

Back to tractor talk... ....

Link:   Shaking hands with Saddam

Picture Link
Everything and Anything Dealing PROPERLY with a terrorist  O

View my Photos
taheide

2005-08-11          114723

There is no doubt about that, I agree. BUT with Afganistan being overrun by US Troops, Iraq was looking good for those bums as a safe harbour, and no doubt sodamn welcomed them with open arms. This is no doubt a time in history where no matter what we do we look like the bad guys, but once you open the door for the terrorists, they will spread out wherever they can to rain their religous beliefs of killing those who arent believers of their faith. Who in their right minds would believe otherwise? I think Bush did the right thing taking out Saddam, but he went in only half cocked without a means of cleaing up the mess that it created. For example, there is a rash of car bombs. what I dont understand is, if they are using cars to kill, get cars off the road! Then there are the "insurgents", come on call them what they are, Terrorists! They are coming in from other countries, and killing both Soldiers and Iraqis alike. What you arent seeing on the news is all the good that has come of it, because news agencies dont think that kind of news is people worthy, and they like to rile up those who are against the whole thing.

All in all it is the same thing, whether we are fighting in Afghanistan or Iraq, the goal is to stop terrorism, and those who harbour terrorists. Now if they would get their acts together and take care of Saudi arabia.

Yes, our government screwed up siding with Iraq, and is costing us big time, but also look back at the times when this occurred, we were in a cold war with the Soviet Union, Who were invading Afghanistan. At the time we did not know why they invaded that country, all we know is that they were the "bad guys" at the time, so we sided with those that were being attacked. Iran was our enemy, Iraq was not, Iraq was at war with Iran, we sided with Iraq to take out Iran. All in all it was a bunch of bad decisions on the US part, and we now pay the price for it. But you cant deny the fact that Saddam was a killer of his people, and would continue to be one had we not stepped in. This is what being an American is all about, the rights and freedoms of every human being on this planet to be equal and not repressed. Do we over do it at times, yes we do, but if you go and ask your average Iraqi now how he feels about what we did, you will find that they are happy that they no longer live under a dictator. You cant change a country overnight, it takes time. You need to build up security to protect those who cant protect themselves. Think back to WWII and Germany, how many years did it take before that country was back on its feet? How many years before Japan was back on their feet? We kicked their butts, and we could have claimed those countries as our own, but we didnt, we let them keep their culture, we let them be who they are, and we helped them rebuild their country and their lives. That is what America is all about. We will do the same for all these countries we went into, and why? Because that is the American way. [/flag waving] ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-08-11          114730

Beautifully stated.

Until the weak kneed, liberal, terrorist-huggers realize that we are truly at war, WORLD WAR III that is, we are an army battling ourselves. That is the surest way to be defeated.

These filthy animals cannot be negotiated with or reasoned with. They must be forcefully destroyed, period. Until we are united in this position, we are open to another attack here at home, and don't kid yourself, it WILL happen. When it does, I hope and pray that we will unite behind the cause and take action, for real. Its time. ....

View my Photos
taheide

2005-08-11          114735

I am a bit confused by your statement. I know WWII history quite well, it was a very bloody war and yes I know the Japs fought with everything they had, including suicide. I made no mention regarding the actual war itself, just what we did as americans once it was all over. That was then, this is now. I can tell you that we have way too many wimps and do-gooders now to make a stand against the terrorists like we did against the japs and germans. And you are both right, we need to take it to them much harder than we are currently doing, and I am also afraid that another attack is forthcoming, and rightously so. We must join together as one and do away with these wackos, or we will fail. Together we stand, divided we fall. ....

View my Photos
jdcman

2005-10-02          117254

The point re Saudi Arabia:

The idea that Iraq should've been the primary target as a solution to curb terrorism is just absurd.

All these issues had been discussed prior to the war.

But if you dig deep, and consider the roots of these extreme fundamentalist beliefs, the real target has been exposed for years.

So ask yourself, “ … why not the House of Saudi?”

It's all about priorities boys ---

This war on terrorism is being fought more like the war on drugs ---

Half-baked ideas always lead to have baked results.

BTW, I assume everybody recognizes that the US really doesn't want democracy in Iraq; our preference would be a nation and or regime, acclimated to our way of life as opposed to a theological based nation.

View my Photos
dieseltrctr

2005-10-02          117261

I totally agree with AV8R. People forget the fact that we are at war. War is not pretty. Each year past 2001, it seems people are forgetting that 9-11 happened. No, I am not advocating that everyone we are taking out is linked to 9-11. This is war and if they do not want to be killed they must comply, or surrender.....just a fact. I think it is admirable that President Bush is the main one starting on a plan for combatting global terrorism so that maybe, we don't just have to write it off as a fact of life from now to eternity! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2008-05-01          153368

It has been almost 3 years since I posted this thread and link. How many still are of the same opinion and support what our government originally began? ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-05-01          153370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief | view 153368
It has been almost 3 years since I posted this thread and link.How many still are of the same opinion and support what our government originally began?

Chief, no doubt some things could have been handled better in the war. It is also true too many Americans had died. (Is there a number that is not too many?) It is also true the fight is more important for our county' survival than many beleive. Yet if it was not needed for our county, it was for those enslaved within Iraq. I thank God for those who have given so much. The cross at my back door of a young solider from Califorina who was killed (Randall Kent Roseacker) I see each day reminds me of the price they and their loves paid. God help us when we elect those who don't understand. God help us. kt ....

View my Photos
Chief

2008-05-01          153373

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." ....

View my Photos
taheide

2008-05-01          153374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief | view 153368
It has been almost 3 years since I posted this thread and link.How many still are of the same opinion and support what our government originally began?

I still do! Think back to Vietnam and how many were killed in a war no one supported. Think back to the Korean War and how many were killed in a war that was never won and we are still there to this day. Think back to WWII and how many were killed on D-Day, far more than all total were lost in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't know if people realize this, but after WWII we were in both Japan and Germany for decades after the war was won, helping rebuild their society and government, and yes our military folks were getting killed back then too. This is no different than it was back then, it is just more in your face with the media and that there are factions out there who have easy access to explosives and gorilla warfare tactics that it seems like it is never ending. Great leaps have happened since this was originally posted, and I still feel this can be won totally with more effort. God help us if Obama gets in office and pulls our troops out. ....

View my Photos
randywatson

2008-05-01          153378

I gotta say it, the American Made Barrett .50 is an awsome rifle, love those shots.

I've only had the oportunity to shoot it out to 1000 meters but some of those shots look a lot further.

As to the current situation war wise, I think it is time to wrap it up, you can't force perminate political change and if the people don't want it, it will not stick no matter how many die, or how much spent, or how long we stay...IMHO ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-05-01          153380

IMHO the problem is not the situation, it's the political handling of the situation.

If you want to unleash the dogs of war, you'd better be ready to feed them, and feed them well.

As for the situation itself, I don't believe the problem is that the whole country is against us, but there are a number of zealots bent on keeping a hold on that country. Until they are gone, there will be no peace, not for us, or for the innocent civilians stuck there. Period.

I was given a spendy education, paid for by Uncle Sam, but delivered by the military, I was taught the words of William Westmoreland, "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars.".

Never were truer words spoken.

Semper Fi. ....

View my Photos
randywatson

2008-05-01          153382

Amen Murf,

the military did not start it, and will end it if allowed to do so, problem is the choke hold of politics keeps it to a slow bleed made with a dull knife.

The job of the solder is not to die for the cause but to make as many of the enemy die for theirs as possible,as fast as possible, but ya can't do that with a choke collar on.

I did not and do not mean to be misunderstood, I totally support those fighting the war, and as long as they are there I dont begrudge anything in their support.

However since the politicans are bound and determined to turn the citizens against the cause and need for political gain, then end it quick and save the lives which would be lost in the dragging out.

If I'd been a few years younger or a little less time had passed since my discharge, I'd have been there.

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-05-02          153393

Hi Chief!

I chuckled when you wrote the "Proper" subject title 3 years ago. The only "proper terrorist" is a "dead terrorist" ;)

Dennis ....

View my Photos
Chief

2008-05-02          153394

Hi Dennis and Murf! How are you doing? Been awhile since I have posted much. Been busy with a number of things on our place. Lots of new members I see. You still thinking about trip down this way Murf?

I came across this thread in an old bookmark and I reread it. I was interested in what others have come to find out about their beliefs, values, and what they hold dear in the past 3 years and do they see anything differently now? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-05-02          153398

Hey Chief, I am indeed still thinking about that trip. In fact we were talking about it again just the other day, although the reason for the trip has changed.

I'm still debating whether to drive or fly, but need to get down to Lexington to look and likely buy some parts.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2008-05-18          153772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief | view 153373
"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation.We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland."

Does anyone know who wrote this quote? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2008-05-18          153774

Adolf Hitler ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-05-18          153775

I enjoyed the videos posted earlier in this discussion. However, I would much prefer those shots be taken right here in the U.S.

Terrorism is a domestic problem. Therefore, the enemy must be within the U.S......and those bullets would be better put to use on REAL terrorists.

As a former Army M2 machine gun instructor, I'm well aware of the capabilities of the BMG cartridge. John Browning was one of America's greatest inventors. Every time I put my hands one of his machine guns, I get a huge smile on my face.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Chief

2008-05-18          153778

Correct Dennis.

Hitler said this in a speech to the Reichstag proposing and unveiling the existance of the GESTAPO also known as the Geheime Staatspolizei or "Secret State Police.

The Reichssicherheitshauptamt (RSHA) was the main division of the Nazi SS, and the parent organization of the Gestapo. The German word "Reich" is not directly untranslatable, but a close approximation in contemporary English "homeland." "Sicherheit" translates as "security," and "Hauptamt" literally means "main office or department.

Dennis if you feel this post is inappropriate or out line please remove and accept my sincere apologies.

I asked the questions in this old post because when I originally posted this thread, I was of a TOTALLY different perception. I orginally gladly embraced all of these so called "security measures" that I viewed as essential tools for our government agencies to have to "protect" us. NO ONE was a more stronger and dedicated supporter of these measures than I. After all I thought our government surely must have the best of intentions for its citizens and these measure were for the "greater good" and our "safety" and the "safety" of our nation. To my shame and extreme regret I have come to know these words "homeland security", "greater good", "our security and safety" as code words of tyrants.

What happened between then and now???????? Since moving to our farm to our shock and amazement our family has seen first hand abuses by police and elected officials that we thought only existed in the movies.

Everything from political corruption to law enforcement involved in the abuse of and cooperating in the sale of drugs, WILLFUL falsification of police reports, grand jury tampering, witness tamering, extorsion, false arrest, false imprisonment, abuse of prisoners, theft, weapons fire in the middle of the night in front of our house, I could go on and on. All this done by government officials of one sort or another................ALL of them apparently answerable to NO ONE and so arrogant in this confidence that they brag about it.

Extrapolate this to a nationwide level..........stop and think about what you see in the news lately AND more importantly what you DON'T.

The abuses by the Department of Homeland Security at the top of this piramid all the way down to the most local agency are in one respect or another linked as well as should be appauling to anyone who has the most basic understanding of our nation's constitution and its bill of rights. Our nation's elected leaders from the highest to the most local levels but for a few deliberately turn a blind eye to it. A clueless and increasingly poorly educated public unknowingly does the same.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am all about getting the terrorists and nobody "supports the troops" more than me. I was one of them for well over 20 years and went to war on behalf of this nation as well as served with distinction. I swore an oath before God to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic" AND that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me.

The first part of this oath has increasingly become at odds with the later in that our leaders have gone astray in trampling upon our freedoms and liberties.

Not only that, our nation has become weak in its strength, moral convictions and values.

This was most recently demonstrated by our nations "Commander in Chief" who has been reduced to begging the king of a foreign nation on bended knee with hat in hand to produce more oil when we as a nation haven't so much as a crumb's worth of will to drill for our own or build refineries to produce petroleum products from the abundance of oil we already have.

Benjamin Franklin spoke no truer words when he said:

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

Franklin, Adams, Jefferson, Washington, Madison and others knew the extreme importance of adhering to our nation's founding document, and literally its foundation we call the Constitution.

The terrorists goal was to pull us down to their level, to take our freedoms and liberites that we hold so dear away from us, and most importantly live in FEAR.

They have succeeded in ways that they NEVER dreamed of and achieved their goals in measure they NEVER thought possible.

Unfortunately the terrorist aren't the ones who actually achieved this.............WE as a nation have done it to ourselves by allowing unlimited, unbridled, and unaccountable power to be turned over to a government out of control who in turn daily tramples and seizes more and more of our COSTLY won natural liberties and freedoms "endowed to us by our creator".

All I ask is that you think about...........when you see decisons handed down by our courts, are they justice or "just-us". When our legislators pass laws........do they have any benefit............or do they sieze yet another bit of our freedoms and liberties?

My hopes are this reply will encourage CIVIL discussion, heighten awareness, and spur scrutiny of the actions of those who are in government.

Yes, my views have changed since I posted this thread BUT my convictions, values, AND love of my country has NOT.

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-05-19          153781

Chief,

Many thanks for the heartfelt words of wisdom, Sir.

In very few instances, throughout history, has a nation's people been stripped of their rights, property, firearms, or their children -- by a foreign invader. In most every instance, the people suffered greater under the rule of their own corrupt governments.

It has been said many times that the U.S. will never be conquered by a foreign invader, but conquered from within. This is very true, for history doesn't lie.

I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States FIRST......and THEN to obey the LAWFUL orders of the President of the United States. Not since WWII has any U.S. President issued a lawful order when it comes to waging war against another nation. The U.S. Constitution clearly and specifically states that CONGRESS shall declare war. No U.S. President has the authority to do so on his own.

A very good letter, Sir. Thanks again.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Art White

2008-05-20          153804

For the terrorists, shoot first when you get one in your sights! Chances are they will be standing behind women and children so shoot carefully.

Thomas Jefferson said that we need a revolution every twenty years! Did that man know about government or what!

This past weekend a friend and his son while coming back from walleye fishing Sunday morning had a local do a four wheel drift turn around with lights and siren on because he had a brake light out on the boat trailer!!!!! Sure did rattle his son! Used to be you'd blow by them at about 120 and they would turn there lights on for a second and be in your driveway when you got home later for a chat. What happened to the good old days!

George is like a little spoiled boy, sorry but that's my thoughts, he doesn't play well with others!
He was trying to be a hero for his dad finishing up his work that wasn't finished do to the political gumbo that says it runs this country(into the ground).

I hear this from time to time that we have the best government that can be bought!

Sometimes when listening to the people that are taking freedom for granted that live in this country I'd like to reach out and, never mind.

View my Photos
cutter

2008-05-23          153918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art White | view 153804
Sometimes when listening to the people that are taking freedom for granted that live in this country I'd like to reach out and, never mind.

Yep.... ....

View my Photos
Chief

2009-11-08          166793

Well.......this thread is still going over 4 years later. In the interest of FULL disclosure even at the risk of cyber-egg on my face.......someone pointed out to me that this video is a HOAX. In actuality it is a video of someone shooting rock chucks or some type of similar rodent. Look VERY closely. Had me fooled for a long time......perception can become reality.......much like nearly ALL of our politicians are pulling a BIG HOAX on us ALL right now.

It is amazing how much one's view of the world and own country can change in almost 5 years. I served it and proudly wore its military uniform for nearly a quarter century. Truth and fact are the ultimate cleaners of reality. I am VERY sad to say that the changes I am now aware of are NOT for the better.....they show me that our Republic is GONE and it won't be coming back, at least not for a long time.

I wonder if the great piece of parchment paper known as the Constitution of the United States of America has now become much like the HOAX this video is. So many have given so much to uphold and protect it.....did they ever think it would come to this?.....would they wonder just why and what it was all about???

One of the things I learned along my way to this point in life is that it is sometime impossible to see the truth until you have lived BOTH sides of it. There is no clear black and white...only shades of gray at best. Only then is it possible to see the middle ground and perhaps maybe the truth you have passed over before. A lesson and vision NOT lost on the 56 founding fathers who risked their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor signing that old piece of parchment.

Chief III

http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/search?q=

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/ ....

Link:   The gathering place for a merry band of Three Percenters

View my Photos
cutter

2009-11-08          166794

It's not lost Chief, let the revolution begin.... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login